• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

pick apart the pieces you left | Sette, Lagertha, Any

tantalize

infinity overhead

and i whisper, are you listening?

The poor girl was exhausted, dead on her hooves. While Liz didn’t actual have much of a mothering instinct (probably something she had inherited from her own dam) she still felt sorry for her and a need to protect her. She had given the battered mare her word that she would do the best she could to keep the child from it’s father and she would do her best to keep her promise. Her muzzle brushes gently against the dark cheek of her niece. ”Yes you live here now…” A rustling from the undergrowth alerts her to someone coming and as Sette asks who she has called for, she merely gestures to the mare appearing before them. ”For her of course.”

As Lagertha approaches with a questioning look, she can’t help but chuckle softly. Realizing what this looks like. ”Not mine.” She says with a shake of her head and then brings the girl forward. ”Sette this is Lagertha, Khaleesi of the Amazons. Lagertha, this is my niece Anguisette.” With the pleasantries down, she ushers the girl to lay down nearby as she discusses things with the horned woman. It would not do for the child to overhear them. When she is certain they can’t be overheard, she quickly explains in hushed tones. ”Her mother came to me asking me for help. The father is abusive and manipulative and she wanted a better life for her child so she asked me to take her while she stayed behind.” Here she pauses, feeling bad that she could not convince her to come as well. Also a bit hesitant to explain exactly why she had called Lagertha into this. ”The problem is the father is with the Chamber. And he will not be pleased that I’ve taken her away.” Golden eyes meeting hers as she gives a somewhat helpless shrug. ”His name is Gryffen and he’s my brother. Half-brother I should say.” Quickly correcting herself, wanting to distance herself from him as much as possible.

Arching her neck as her head turns to look at the foal, she murmurs softly. ”I didn’t know where else to bring her but here. He could easily find her in the Adoption Den. Here she’s at least protected.” A sigh falls from soft lips. ”If I need to find her somewhere else to stay then I understand. But I figured I would ask you first, considering the circumstances.” And of course by this she means putting themselves on the line to receive the retaliation she’s sure the Chamber will send.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: pick apart the pieces you left | Sette, Lagertha, Any - by Tantalize - 09-14-2015, 09:21 PM