• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  I'm running around looking for peace of mind [Oceane, Leilan, Any]
    Leilan
    Honestly, of all the faces he’d expected, Oceane hadn’t made it to the top of the list. Not because they had any sort of a bad relationship, but because of the fact that she’d kept to herself lately, and he’d figured she had a reason not to mingle. Still, the company she brings is welcome, and with someone who looks like a new recruit at that. He doesn’t have that typical Loessian smell - in fact, not much of a smell about him, even now that the bear has returned to a horse-shape.

”Not a problem. It seemed the Isle could use the facelift, so I just went for it.” In truth, the excess magic that had been given to him had needed an outlet, stat. Better to make a maze and a portal, than to have himself burst out in a similar way that the dragon had once took over Castile. ”If you need some brought down south, just say the word.” He grins and gives Oceane a sideways look, knowing full well she wouldn’t appreciate winter taking over her desert territory for a full year instead of just the cold season.

The meadow, huh. So he was a new recruit after all, then. The ice-scaled mage shakes his head with a humorous glint to the eye. ”I could ask one of our Taigan citizens to check it out if you like. I’m not sure if my plant-healing skills are good enough for prickly pears yet.” Oh, wait, he hasn’t told her yet. ”So far teleportation and anything ice-related seems my best bet.” he tries to explain, adding a mental note for her as well. The fairies have granted me something new in exchange for the sun. A wink follows, but he focuses on Ledger again quickly. It’s not only impolite to talk privately, but he’d asked a question, and it seems that the other stallion hasn’t been briefed just yet, which is surprising but maybe their separated arrival does have something to do with it.

”Icicle Isle is the kingdom of the North, with Nerine and Taiga as it’s territories. Oceane leads the Southern kingdom of Loess, with Sylva and the Pampas under her command as well. A little hot for my taste, but we get along well enough.” He tilts his head and nods west. ”The volcano kingdom of the West is Tephra, hosting two island territories, Islandres and Ischia. No quarrels with them either.” His tone is light when he shrugs and tilts his head. ”Our history with the East is more complicated. Yet Hyaline is the kingdom now, and more friendly bonds have been forged I believe. Pangea seems more quiet these days, and I believe one of my friends has set his eyes on Silver Cove. Call it a lull, these days.” The former ice dragon perks his ears, inquisitive. ”I guess that’s what happens when there’s a common enemy.” And now that it has fallen away... who knows?

seek it out and ye shall find

@[Ledger] @[Oceane]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm running around looking for peace of mind [Oceane, Leilan, Any] - by Leilan - 04-30-2021, 04:01 AM