• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i was a heavy heart to carry; ruinam
    V u l g a r i S
    He had laughed when she initially asked him to wear the western crown. A cruel joke, he thought, but she just kept on smiling hopefully as his laughter turned to silence and incredulous staring. She wanted to focus on rebuilding their home and raising their children, she had said, which meant Tephra needed someone to rise up and take her throne. Vulgaris agreed but he knew if anyone else had asked, he would have harshly declined any opportunity for power again.

And so the serpent king waits until the tide is low so the journey to the islands is a little easier on him. He can feel the edges of his hooves touching the sand beneath the waters as he casually swims his way to the western islands. Leliana had tried to come along but he didn’t want her traveling while so heavily pregnant. Their unborn child kicks relentlessly and leaves her mother no time to breathe, it seems. The thought brings a smile to his face as he rises from the waves and onto the golden sands of the Resort. It lacks Tephra’s volcanic guardian but he rather likes the tropical greenery. Perhaps Leliana would like a little flower souvenir?

Vulgaris reminds himself to focus while the autumn sun still rests at its highest point. Water drips from his ink black mane as he travels further into the territory, curious as to what sort of leader it has. He’d been so busy chasing their brood lately that he had no time for diplomacy or even just neighborly manners, he realizes with a tinge of embarrassment. What better time to start than today, though? The serpent king gives his head a little shake, sending droplets flying, before he comes to a stop in the shade of a palm tree.

His sage green eyes scan the region, noting the quiet that settles in just behind the hush of the ocean’s waves. Not many residents. He shifts his weight and gives a short “hm”. Perhaps some sort of hermit lives here in peaceful solitude. Once upon a time, he had preferred that kind of serenity. The chaos of his brood brings him too much joy to miss it now, he thinks.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[Ruinam]

Messages In This Thread
    i was a heavy heart to carry; ruinam - by vulgaris - 08-28-2019, 07:08 PM