Beqanna
i was a heavy heart to carry; ruinam - Printable Version

+- Beqanna (https://beqanna.com/forum)
+-- Forum: OOC (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+---- Forum: Lands (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=98)
+----- Forum: Tephra (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+------ Forum: Islandres (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+------ Thread: i was a heavy heart to carry; ruinam (/showthread.php?tid=24810)

i was a heavy heart to carry; ruinam - vulgaris - 08-28-2019

V u l g a r i S
He had laughed when she initially asked him to wear the western crown. A cruel joke, he thought, but she just kept on smiling hopefully as his laughter turned to silence and incredulous staring. She wanted to focus on rebuilding their home and raising their children, she had said, which meant Tephra needed someone to rise up and take her throne. Vulgaris agreed but he knew if anyone else had asked, he would have harshly declined any opportunity for power again.

And so the serpent king waits until the tide is low so the journey to the islands is a little easier on him. He can feel the edges of his hooves touching the sand beneath the waters as he casually swims his way to the western islands. Leliana had tried to come along but he didn’t want her traveling while so heavily pregnant. Their unborn child kicks relentlessly and leaves her mother no time to breathe, it seems. The thought brings a smile to his face as he rises from the waves and onto the golden sands of the Resort. It lacks Tephra’s volcanic guardian but he rather likes the tropical greenery. Perhaps Leliana would like a little flower souvenir?

Vulgaris reminds himself to focus while the autumn sun still rests at its highest point. Water drips from his ink black mane as he travels further into the territory, curious as to what sort of leader it has. He’d been so busy chasing their brood lately that he had no time for diplomacy or even just neighborly manners, he realizes with a tinge of embarrassment. What better time to start than today, though? The serpent king gives his head a little shake, sending droplets flying, before he comes to a stop in the shade of a palm tree.

His sage green eyes scan the region, noting the quiet that settles in just behind the hush of the ocean’s waves. Not many residents. He shifts his weight and gives a short “hm”. Perhaps some sort of hermit lives here in peaceful solitude. Once upon a time, he had preferred that kind of serenity. The chaos of his brood brings him too much joy to miss it now, he thinks.
In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
Don’t look for me; don't look at me
@[Ruinam]

RE: i was a heavy heart to carry; ruinam - Ruinam - 09-04-2019

winter wonderland

He had used the past few weeks to recuperate, a sort of holiday among his own home and family, taking time to think over everything that had happened, making sure he stuck to making rational decisions.
The stallion lays quietly on the shoreline, sea water gently surging against his white hide, sweeping away the sand below him, slowly but surely taking him toward the ocean.

His companion is the one that alerts him of new movement on the other side of the island, someone both of them did not know.
Ruinam stands up with a heavy puff of air escaping his lungs, stretching his legs as he takes a step forward, a sorrowful look in his eyes as he looks toward his companion, knowing that soon they would have to go their separate ways.
The ivory-white male slithers through the thick jungle overgrowth, his body carrying him melodically along the many paths that have been created by horses that lived here previously, routes toward watering holes and popular feedings spots that had been meticulously carved through a great deal of time and effort.

The scent of the stranger horse quickly stands out against the soft jungle undertones, a lightly volcanic aroma portrayed against a thick accent of salty ocean and thick greenery.
It had been quite a while since the resort had any visitors, so the stallion approaches with a little caution this time as the horse comes into view, his crimson-red eyes lighting up as he halts a few meters away.
"Hello there, my name is Ruinam," he says welcomingly, dipping his head gently in greeting "How can I help you today?" he asks, his companion animal joining his side as he usually does.

Ruinam
@[vulgaris] sorry to make you wait!

RE: i was a heavy heart to carry; ruinam - vulgaris - 09-08-2019

V u l g a r i S
They are an interesting contrast to one another – dark gray with broad shoulders standing before a pristine white stallion with a narrower frame. Vulgaris thinks Ruinam could probably beat him in a race, but then again who couldn’t? His sage eyes drift up to the Resort leader as finishes sizing him up and he manages a genuine smile to his handsome face. Being friendly and cordial has become so much easier since being resurrected, he’s noticed. The weight of his curse no longer sits heavy on his lungs and the relief has given him a sunnier disposition. There is still an edge of gloom and brooding to him, certainly, but he manages to see silver linings now.

His eyes drift to the little fox following the red-eyed male like a tiny shadow or a clingy child. It makes his heart ache for his brood all right on his heels. But they will be waiting eagerly for stories and attention when he gets home, he knows, so he focuses on the business at hand instead.

A pleasure, Ruinam. My name is Vulgaris,” he says with a light nod of his head as he shifts his weight. A few grains of sand gathered in the feathering along his hooves returns to the beach while some remains tangled in the strands. “My wife, Leliana, has decided she would like to focus on our children and rebuilding. We haven’t named an heir among us, so I have taken the crown until one of our brood is old enough or another member proves worthy.

A part of him wishes his children would know only easy lives, chasing their dreams and exploring the world as they see fit. Some of his sons and daughters seem to crave greatness, however, and he is not keen to deny them anything they might earn. Still, he is careful to watch the members of Tephra who do not share his blood.

We’re currently trying to build our council and I wanted to invite the leaders of our territories to join our official ranks toward the seats first. Obviously, you wouldn’t have to step down as the leader of the Resort, so you don’t have anything to lose by trying.

He offers a shrug of those strong shoulders and a gentle laugh. Really, he doesn’t want to rule without an advisor and he can’t keep pestering Leliana with all his questions. Their latest daughter is due soon and she’s far too busy preparing for her arrival to give him advice any time he thinks it’s necessary. Of course, he could also pester one of the other kings or queens, but they have kingdoms of their own to watch over. Vulgaris is almost embarrassed to admit his lack of confidence but he manages to maintain his warm expression despite this.
In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
Don’t look for me; don't look at me
@[Ruinam] vul says hi pls join tephra too i need friends

RE: i was a heavy heart to carry; ruinam - Ruinam - 09-20-2019

winter wonderland

Ruinam observes the slightly taller and more built stallion as they quietly stand on the resort's golden sand, his companion patiently sat beside Ruinam as they both listen to him intently, his voice melding with the soft tone of crashing waves and the brisk sound of leaves fluttering behind them, the resort creates a soothing and peaceful atmosphere for both the guest and Ruinam as they meet.

"It is lovely to meet you Vulgaris, we are glad to have you" he smiles warmly, his chest expanding slightly as he takes in a breath of fresh air, always pleased by the salty aroma that lingers around the island.
The iron male briefly explains why he has come to the resort and after a few seconds of silence, Ruinam draws a breath of fresh air as he begins to speak "I hope Tephra recovers quickly, I know Leliana has been very focused on that," he responds as the war comes rushing back into his memory, the thought of the scarred land creating a glum expression on the stallion's pale face.

The ivory-white stallion had been focused on creating a new alliance for the resort, believing that his new idea would benefit all three of the islands the most, though this new alliance would take a while to form and the resort would remain alone, for the time being, pushing it into an undecided stance.

"I would be happy to join you and Tephra," he chirps, deciding that for now, he would push his original plan to the side and focus on increasing the Island's numbers and strengthening the bonds with the territories around the island.
"Would you care for a walk?" he asks briefly, his body gesturing toward the shoreline.

Walks along the coast of the resort were among his favourite things to do, enjoying wandering along the sea, savouring the fresh breeze that the sea carried and the soft hum of the ocean, accompanied by the slowly setting sun.

Ruinam
@[vulgaris] sorryyyyyy