• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  blackbird on my shoulder

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Shame builds like bile in the back of Litotes’ throat. He peers at Heartfire with an equally hard gaze, gritting his teeth to hold back whatever response he may want to snap out. His anger is not directed at the Khaleesi, but he feels as if its fire is being stoked, and maybe she is getting in the way.

The Archon has never claimed to be a steady man, and he may burn all in his path.

A madman’s smile wants to creep up his lips at the thought of Castile offering gasoline to the wildfire Lepis has created. They are peas in a pod, he thinks, both of a kind of furious ambition the cremello lost a long time ago. He is a much quieter man, a somber one, one that does not understand this violence when it is unneeded (and when it is not his own unchecked anger). He purses his lips and blinks away the irritable haze.

Surely Heartfire has a solution.

Or perhaps she does not, and Litotes will do something brash.

“I spoke with Lepis with no idea of their plans. This leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, Heartfire. My own allies making moves and asking for my loyalty without divulging the full scope of their . . . ambitions.” He pauses, settles eyes like swords upon the roan woman. “What trust I had is gone. I may be acting quickly, but I believe I can offer you the East’s backing should it come to war. I cannot condone an empire that wants to exist purely to be an empire.”

The silence is sudden between them, and the cremello tilts his head to the side as if realizing something. “I will need to speak with Dawn, actually, but I do not think she will mind stepping away from Loess. I would also like to speak with Castile. Should you have anything you need to say to him, I can relay it.”

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 08-15-2019, 10:02 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 08-19-2019, 12:18 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 08-23-2019, 10:14 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 08-27-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 09-03-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 09-16-2019, 04:53 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 09-19-2019, 08:58 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 10-08-2019, 09:51 AM