• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  find me in the ashes, fairies.
    V u l g a r i S
    With the birth of the newest twins, the fire within him burns a little brighter than it did before. That need to protect and watch over them coils around his heart until he cannot sleep at night. Leliana tries to kiss his face and reassure him that he is strong enough, but the former serpent knows he will someday die. His body is a fragile thing without its healing and he is reminded of this as he begins his ascent up the mountain once more. Age makes his joints ache where before his body would simply repair all the tiny injuries of time.

How strange, to feel the years catching up with him so suddenly.
    He smiles despite the growing cold. Perhaps the pain of age makes him feel less like an outsider.

Vulgaris stumbles when a rock dislodges beneath his chipped hoof and he sucks in a fearful breath before a short, nervous laugh leaves him. It echoes across the mountain and the empty air around it. He knows death is not so grim as it seems and yet he still fears it. After a short pause to regain his composure, he carries on with his journey to the peak.

The wind grows harsh and the sun drifts lazily closer to the horizon when snow begins to cover the ground. The dying day’s light turns everything a shade of gold that he thinks he rather likes. Soon it will be red like Leliana and several of their brood, a thought that makes his heart flutter happily against his ribs. How strange to still feel butterflies even after the years have tried to dismantle their love. But they rise stronger each time, he thinks proudly as he takes another step toward the peak. The gray stallion finally stops near a large boulder that he thinks is vaguely familiar, catching his breath while the wind tangles the long locks of his mane.

I know you did not find me worthy last time, but I intend to return until you do,” he says as he lifts his chin to the open sky above him. “My wife has asked me to live, and I will live a thousand lives for her and my family. But I want to keep them safe too.

His ears swivel back and rest against his head in the hopes of finding warmth there. Tiny puffs of crisp white air mark his every breath as he waits patiently for some reply.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[Officials]
    Vul is back to quest for phoenix shifting. He died and Leli found him in the afterlife, where she asked him to stop swearing he'd lay down his life for her and live instead. So now he wants to live countless lifetimes at her side but he also wants the strength to protect his family since he's done so much to harm hem.

http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24003
    http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=23877
    http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=23809
    Vulgaris rolled a 5 and will not receive a quest. He may return in one month to quest again. As Vulgaris leaves the mountain he will grow younger, reaching level ground as an adolescent. He can age normally from that point or more rapidly return to his current age; the choice is yours.