• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; everli
    She is once again caught blinking in puzzlement and surprise at the pale colt, who seemed to have the most peculiar answers for everything. Her shy compliment had thankfully not been taken strangely, but she cannot tell what he means by saying he grew them himself. She assumed he was joking at first; but then something in the way he said it seemed vaguely serious? She remembers how just moments before, after his less than graceful landing, his skin had knit itself back together. She wants to ask him, but it sounded strange even in her own head (and briefly she panics, hoping that he can’t read minds), and so she doesn’t.

It is by accident that she hears him ask himself if he had said something to make her tone of voice change, and even though he would have no idea idea, she can feel her skin flush hot around her face. She hated reading minds. She hated it even more when she did it on accident. She was getting better at controlling it, but whenever she was feeling especially nervous or flustered, she simply couldn’t help it. Pteron made her nervous, but not entirely in a bad way – which was a conflicting feeling. He was friendly, and didn’t seem bothered by her presence, but he was also cute, and had this nagging feeling that she sounded like a fool everytime she talked.

“No, I don’t live here,” she shakes her head to the side along with her words, and for a second she is afraid that maybe she wasn’t supposed to be here. She hesitates for a moment, before adding a little tentatively, “I just wanted to explore. Loess seemed pretty.” In her nerve-addled mindset, she does not even realize that his thought about a diplomatic visit had been just that – a thought – and she says with a faint frown of confusion, “What’s a diplomat? I don’t think I’m one of those.”
    Everli

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; everli - by Everli - 04-25-2019, 01:04 AM