• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; everli
    Pteron has spent a significant amount of time with his parents and to knows how to respond to a compliment. Saying nice things to others is perfectly normal to the dun colt, and he smiles in response to Everli’s comment. 

“Thank you. I grew them myself.”

He has, actually, grown and regrown them several times. It doesn’t occur to him that this fact is as strange as his physical recovery; Pteron is simply trying to be funny. Wolfbane is funny, and it is Pteron’s ultimate goal to become just like his father. Everli’s earlier teasing has made him feel much less awkward than he might have otherwise; he feels at ease with her no differently does with the friends that he has known for much longer.

The young pegasus is quite trusting, after all, and when she had suggested that he might need some practice with descent is something that he knows to be true. So Pteron had rolled his shoulders in a shrug – what can ya do? - and laughed softly.

“I do live here,” he tells her, his green eyes sharpening in focus on the ombre filly as her voice inexplicably changes tone. Had he said something, he wonders? No changing it if he had, he supposes, and adds: “You don’t though, do you?” Perhaps she is visiting, he thinks, or – could he be so lucky?! - on a diplomatic mission. “What brings you to Loess?”

@[Everli]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; everli - by Pteron - 04-07-2019, 04:03 PM