• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; everli
    It does not go unnoticed by her that his skin has slowly repaired itself. The sight causes her to withdraw, another perplexed look flashing briefly across her face. Being born here, she was not ignorant to the magic scattered across the land, but truthfully, she was only familiar with her own. She thinks being able to heal would be a much nicer ability than reading minds — she hated when she accidentally read someone’s thoughts. It felt like she had invaded on something she wasn’t meant to to, even though they often never knew she had done it. The older she got the easier it was to control, thankfully, and as she watches the pale colt, she carefully keeps herself from hearing his thoughts.

She tilts her small head when he says he’s a good climber, the sun glinting off the translucent horn that spirals from the center of her forehead. “I suppose that does mean you’re a good climber,” she concedes with an amused upward lift of her lips. “It’s your descent that could use some practice.” For a moment, she almost forgot how painfully shy she could be. The colt falling literally to her feet had briefly shattered the invisible barrier she often felt trapped behind, but she could feel herself slowly becoming self-conscious again. Maybe he didn’t like being teased? Maybe he thought she was being annoying?

She falls quiet then, ducking her blue head as her gaze drifts from Pteron’s face to look across what she could see of the kingdom. Loess was beautiful, in a harsh, unforgiving way, with the clusters of jagged rocks and cliffs, and the coarse terrain. She looks back to him, her soft brown eyes once again finding his with the intention of asking a question. She notices then that his eyes are green — not like the emerald green of the grass, and not quite as dark as the pine needles of the trees in the forest. Just their own shade of green that she hasn’t seen before. “You have pretty eyes.” She says it before she even realizes it, and almost instantly she can feel the immense heat that floods her cheeks. That was definitely something she had meant to think to herself, and never say out loud. A little too quickly, she follows it with her now quiet, slightly stammering voice, “Um, what I meant was, do you live here?”
    Everli

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; everli - by Everli - 03-10-2019, 02:39 AM