• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; everli
    There was nothing that could prepare her for what she was about to witness.

From up above, the rapidly falling body of the colt is suddenly visible. She cringes everytime he slams into the rocky canyon wall, her brown eyes widening in alarm when he ends his descent in a heap at her feet, a cloud of dust rising in his wake. She stumbles backwards, truly debating her decision to come here, and honestly certain she had just witnessed her first — and hopefully last — death.

But then he speaks, seemingly unfazed by what had just happened. She can do nothing but just stare at him for a long while (likely just a few seconds, but it felt much longer), unblinking and confused. She glances upwards to where he had fallen from, and then looks back to him, slowly blinking. “Are you….are you okay?” She reaches a dark blue muzzle forward to gently touch a red scrape on his pale skin, the shock having finally wore off and concern settling in its place.  ”You’re lucky you didn’t die, that was a, um...rough landing.”

“I’m Everli,” She says in response to his own introduction, offering him a slightly uncertain smile. ”Why wouldn’t you be allowed to climb the rocks? Is it because you’re not very good at it?” Despite her shyness there is an amused glimmer in her soft brown eye, stifling a quiet laugh as she says it.
    Everli

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; everli - by Everli - 02-24-2019, 05:47 PM