• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; everli
    Though he has vanished from sight, the colt remains poised on the narrow precipice. He holds his breath lest the sound reach her, but when the question she asks reaches him in barely more than a whisper, he releases a long sigh. She’s too far away to hear him; she won’t know Pteron is still there – just invisible.

He relaxes just a little too much.

He’d been leaning just a bit too much to the side, and as he rolls his shoulder, his delicate balance is suddenly offset. There is no room to spread his wings and catch his fall, though they do flare out – visible along with the rest of his falling body – just to slam into the narrow walls of the canyon.  

Thud, crunch, a few cracks and then a whoosh of dust as the yellow (and now a bit red) yearling collapses in a heap at Everli’s feet.

“Hello!” says the colt when his mouth is working again. His head is usually the first bit of him to come back; his mother said its because the brain is the center of the body. (Which is obviously wrong because his head is at the very end of his neck. His stomach is obviously the center, which explains why Pteron is perpetually hungry.) Within a few more seconds the rest of him is up again, standing on bloodied (but somehow unbroken) legs. “I thought maybe I was gonna get in trouble. I dunno if I’m allowed to climb on these rocks.” The nearly white colt gives her a slightly pink grin, unaware of the strangeness of what he’s just done.

“I’m Pteron!”

@[Everli]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; everli - by Pteron - 02-17-2019, 03:49 PM