• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not all Good Things are Bad; Kagerus, any
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    She responds to my cheeky prompt with a sheepish grin that tells me everything I need to know before any words leave her lips, and I smile back girlishly, as if we are two gossiping girls instead of grown women burdened with the responsibility of parenthood, or, y'know, death. At any rate, I've had my emotional release with Solace, and I needn't burden another mare with my sorrows, especially one that already knows about them, as anyone who was present that day now does.

"My partner is elusive as well," I offer, thinking to Rapt, my river-dwelling lover, the whom I crawl back to again and again. But Ilma is offering a different kind of  favour, then, and I cast my gaze downward, humbled at her generosity and humanity. That she would put herself in that position - and even going so far as to include Solace - an intense gratefulness swells my bosom at the fact that I chose this land. I would not be here without Hyaline - I would be in despair, purely and utterly.

"Thank you, Ilma, that means more to me than you know." I step forward, pressing my muzzle to her hers in wordless gratitude. As I am pulling back, her eyes flash into mine, and she asks a far less sensitive question; my ears flick back, uncomfortable at such a light question for such a heavy topic, but I ease them forward, deciding to divulge as much as I can without rendering myself an emotional mess like before.

"I met Rapt, like I said. At the River. He's... Beautiful, and lovely. I took him to where I dream, and I suppose... I suppose I became addicted to the feeling of him pressed against me in that Other World. By the time I considered that our relations while dreaming could have real-life effects, it was... too late." My eyes study the grass, frowning, hating myself. "And it's awful because I... I was happy. I was elated. I wanted to be a mother."

"Now, I will never get to be."

Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Ilma]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Not all Good Things are Bad; Kagerus, any - by Kagerus - 03-22-2018, 03:04 AM