• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i was a heavy heart to carry; ruinam
    V u l g a r i S
    They are an interesting contrast to one another – dark gray with broad shoulders standing before a pristine white stallion with a narrower frame. Vulgaris thinks Ruinam could probably beat him in a race, but then again who couldn’t? His sage eyes drift up to the Resort leader as finishes sizing him up and he manages a genuine smile to his handsome face. Being friendly and cordial has become so much easier since being resurrected, he’s noticed. The weight of his curse no longer sits heavy on his lungs and the relief has given him a sunnier disposition. There is still an edge of gloom and brooding to him, certainly, but he manages to see silver linings now.

His eyes drift to the little fox following the red-eyed male like a tiny shadow or a clingy child. It makes his heart ache for his brood all right on his heels. But they will be waiting eagerly for stories and attention when he gets home, he knows, so he focuses on the business at hand instead.

A pleasure, Ruinam. My name is Vulgaris,” he says with a light nod of his head as he shifts his weight. A few grains of sand gathered in the feathering along his hooves returns to the beach while some remains tangled in the strands. “My wife, Leliana, has decided she would like to focus on our children and rebuilding. We haven’t named an heir among us, so I have taken the crown until one of our brood is old enough or another member proves worthy.

A part of him wishes his children would know only easy lives, chasing their dreams and exploring the world as they see fit. Some of his sons and daughters seem to crave greatness, however, and he is not keen to deny them anything they might earn. Still, he is careful to watch the members of Tephra who do not share his blood.

We’re currently trying to build our council and I wanted to invite the leaders of our territories to join our official ranks toward the seats first. Obviously, you wouldn’t have to step down as the leader of the Resort, so you don’t have anything to lose by trying.

He offers a shrug of those strong shoulders and a gentle laugh. Really, he doesn’t want to rule without an advisor and he can’t keep pestering Leliana with all his questions. Their latest daughter is due soon and she’s far too busy preparing for her arrival to give him advice any time he thinks it’s necessary. Of course, he could also pester one of the other kings or queens, but they have kingdoms of their own to watch over. Vulgaris is almost embarrassed to admit his lack of confidence but he manages to maintain his warm expression despite this.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[Ruinam] vul says hi pls join tephra too i need friends

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i was a heavy heart to carry; ruinam - by vulgaris - 09-08-2019, 08:39 PM