• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  blackbird on my shoulder

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Litotes’ head tilts in surprise, his eyes flashing in both irritation near-shock. The purse of his lips gives him even more away, but for once he does not mind. Here, in the depths of policy, he thinks it might be best to show his hand - not always, never, but he is tired of the strange facades they all seem to wear (these talking heads of Beqanna).

“The taking of Taiga was by Castile’s order?” This he questions out of genuine interest, though there is certainly a prickling agitation he manages to mask. How terribly out of the loop he has been. He reasons with his anger for a moment, knowing that his allies are not entirely to blame for his . . . slipping away. “When Lepis spoke to me it certainly seemed like she and Wolfbane were acting on their own terms.” This he adds, hoping that entrusting this bit of knowledge to Heartfire will strengthen any trust. He knows she can just steal knowledge from him, but he also knows an offering to be far more appetizing.

A memory of asking if he should watch his tongue around Heartfire flashes behind his eyes. The corners of Lie’s lips turn down in a pronounced frown. Lepis is a calculated creature, one that chose her words wisely around the Archon. He nearly snorts in disapproval, finding some bitter irritation coloring the back of his throat.

“Is it your crown they want?” This he asks as bluntly as he can while staring the Khaleesi directly in the eye. He wonders if there is some bad blood between them, if Lepis and Wolfbane are acting on revenge just as he once did (though that gut feeling of his tells him otherwise, and he swallows). “I am not sure I appreciate that kind of chaos purely because it suits them, and Lepis did not indicate to me she had any plans . . . or reasons for such plans.” He snorts and stomps a hoof, finding the ground that crumbles beneath his weight particularly satisfying.

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 08-15-2019, 10:02 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 08-19-2019, 12:18 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 08-23-2019, 10:14 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 08-27-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 09-03-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 09-16-2019, 04:53 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 09-19-2019, 08:58 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 10-08-2019, 09:51 AM