• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  blackbird on my shoulder

She's got the devil's eyes

Heartfire had learned a long time ago that everyone has hidden facets. Pieces of themselves easily overlooked, easily buried beneath the things the world tries to force them to be. Heartfire would never be so foolish as to truly discount anyone. Indeed, she’s often found the greatest surprises seem to come from the most unlikely sources.

And, well, for all that Litotes had torn Pangea from its former kingdom to ally himself with Castile, Heartfire is well aware that he is a wild card. After all, it’s that very trait that had brought him to Castile’s side.

And if it can be done once, it can certainly happen again.

He meets her pointed question with curiosity rather than defensiveness. A fact that offers a great deal of insight as to the strength of his connection with the southern kingdom. Only a fool would not explore that thread further. And Heartfire is certainly no fool.

A glint of amusement crosses her blue eyes as he self-deprecatingly reveals his recent disinterest in politics. Of course, it’s not news to her. But then, she’s always been interested in politics. Perhaps too much so. “I can’t say I haven’t appreciated the disinterest some kingdom’s have in the political state of things.” Her lips tilt faintly at that, an almost display of humor. “It certainly makes my life easier.”

That near candid relief of her admission is followed by an expanse of silence in which she closely considers Litotes after his request to elaborate. While the answer is hardly a secret, the way in which she chooses to answer could certainly influence how Litotes perceives it.

“I would not say Castile and I are enemies, per se,” she replies thoughtfully after a time. “He is merely… laying the stonework.” Her gaze hardens faintly, turning briefly to the south before returning the Litotes. When she continues, her tone is frank, the faint bite displaying clearly enough that she can see how the chips are falling. “While I respected his decision not to pursue an alliance, the move on Taiga has quite aptly demonstrated he has no respect for mine.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 08-15-2019, 10:02 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 08-19-2019, 12:18 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 08-23-2019, 10:14 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 08-27-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 09-03-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 09-16-2019, 04:53 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 09-19-2019, 08:58 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 10-08-2019, 09:51 AM