• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  blackbird on my shoulder

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

A frown turns the corners of Litotes’ lips downward when Heartfire approaches. It is not that her company is unpleasant, or that he finds himself anxious around her, but that he knows he should have called upon her sooner. The East’s changes came long ago, so long in fact that the cremello has fully settled into his seat next to Dawn. He is also aware that the Nerinian queen is probably not partial to Castile’s antics and that may . . . dampen their conversation.

Still, the Archon thinks he might surprise the Khaleesi. At least, he thinks he can offer her a piece of himself she will find useful. Loess’ dragon king has never heard the logical, analytical voice of reason Litotes possesses, and the cremello finds that it might be time that he does. Not for Heartfire, or any particular political ally, but for the settling of Beqanna and sparing of lives. Lie has faced far too much misery to want to stick his magic between conflicting parties again, and the timing lines up that he may act as a voice of reason.

Well, he will attempt to. There are never guarantees, especially in a land lead by such volatile creatures.

“Reconsidering?” he questions, then cocks his head to the left. There is a genuine curiosity in his eyes when he speaks, and a quiet smile replaces his contemplative frown. “Is there bad blood between the North and the South? I can’t say I know of it.” It is the truth, and he would offer his memories to Heartfire if he did not think she is already peeling through them. “I have been particularly . . . preoccupied. Politics have not been on my mind.” He pauses, casts an appreciative gaze over the Khaleesi’s face. “Poor ruling, I know.” His grin would be sheepish if he truly thought he was bad at his job, but he does not. After all, his rise to one of the top seats of Beqanna was not handed to him.

Litotes clears his throat and blinks. “If Castile is making enemies with you, then I do not know why, and perhaps he is being brash. Do you care to elaborate?”

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 08-15-2019, 10:02 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 08-19-2019, 12:18 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 08-23-2019, 10:14 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 08-27-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 09-03-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 09-16-2019, 04:53 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 09-19-2019, 08:58 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 10-08-2019, 09:51 AM