• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  blackbird on my shoulder

She's got the devil's eyes

The past few days have been busy ones for the northern queen. Of course, that’s to be expected, given the current state of Beqanna. But she finds that she rather misses the moments she’d had to herself. The ones she so often found herself lost in, exploring and discovering secrets that are not hers. Some are useless secrets. But some. Oh, some could topple kingdom’s if one knew the right ways to ply them.

But alas, today she finds herself with another visitor at her borders. A familiar one, for all that they have only had the opportunity to meet once. Still, where truths remain buried, there one can often find Heartfire. And, well, Heartfire has a feeling this particular Primarch should likely invest in a shovel.

She is already moving to intercept him when he sends her name into the wind. Words are easily lost to the exposed cliffs and hardy grasses, but she is near enough to hear. Still, she makes no move to reply until she closes the distance between them, her eyes a sharp, clear blue as they fix upon the pale stallion with unerring ease and a faintly curious gleam.

She wonders what might have brought Litotes to her kingdom. He had allied himself unquestioningly with Castile, and given the tenuous nature of Nerine’s relationship with Loess, it is curious that he had come without a Loessian representative in tow. Unless, of course, he had begun to question his alliance with the dragon king.

Although, given what she had learned from her recent with Kensa, she does rather have a feeling there are motives beyond the obvious here.

“Litotes,” she greets easily as she settles a comfortably conversational distance from him. “I must admit I hadn’t expected you to visit. Are you reconsidering your alliance with Castile?”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 08-15-2019, 10:02 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 08-19-2019, 12:18 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 08-23-2019, 10:14 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 08-27-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 09-03-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 09-16-2019, 04:53 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by litotes - 09-19-2019, 08:58 PM
    RE: blackbird on my shoulder - by Heartfire - 10-08-2019, 09:51 AM