• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; everli
    It feels as though they are having two separate conversations: the one he says aloud and the one he watches on her face. In the back of his mind, he knows that communication is more than words, but he has always thought of the words as the most important – everything else was just emphasis. Yet the blue filly doesn’t quite respond to his words, so he must be saying something he doesn’t mean to with his own mannerism. What though? He straightens his posture a little bit, pressing his wings a bit closer to his sides and standing just a bit taller than his earlier slouch.

Be confident, he says to himself – and perhaps also to Everli.

This has all taken place in the matter of a few seconds, and so when the mulberry girl confirms that she doesn’t live in Loess, Pteron has renewed confidence in himself (and in his, what-seems-to-be poor sense of humor).

“I’ll have to take you captive then.” He tells her, his olive eyes serious. “Strangers aren’t aloud to explore if they’re not diplomats.”

Mother has told him not to lie unless it is necessary, but Father has been somewhat lax on what counts as necessary. Teasing her in retaliation for the comment she’d made on his climbing ability feels like necessity, though he can’t quite put into words why that might be. Hopefully she’ll think its funny, that he’s funny, and then she’ll like him. Pteron does feel it’s necessary that she likes him, and so his conscious is assuaged.

Having made no move to take her captive, Pteron suddenly remembers that he had never actually asked if she was a diplomat. But how? He frowns, but answers. “You know, horses that visit other kingdoms, make treaties, stuff like that. I’m a diplomat-in-training.” (Clearly in training still, since he finds making seemingly peaceful strangers threats of captivity). “I’m a warrior-in-training too,” Pterons adds, throwing her a sidelong glance from where he’s turned his head, hoping that this impresses her.

@[Everli]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; everli - by Pteron - 04-26-2019, 07:14 AM