• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not all Good Things are Bad; Kagerus, any
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Though she nods as if in understanding, I am not sure she does; she understands her situation with her partner, yes, but when I say elusive, I mean to others besides myself. Unto me, Rapt is far from elusive: he is obedient, patient, knelt to receive my ever whim as if it were a command. He is precious and darling and before I found out about the death inside of me, I think I could have been in love with him - but these are things I can't consider any more, because for the love of god, how can I truthfully consider anything in my right mind any more?

But regardless of her limited understanding, my alabaster friend is there for me, pressing into me and lending me a sense of grounding that I so desperately needs at times like these, when it would seem that I can barely exist in reality at all. I breathe in her lovely scent, closing my eyes and concentrating on our close proximity, remembering that there are those who love me, and that in her own way, Ilma is one of them.

"Something like that... It was more that we conceived the child in a dream, and I brought back the fertilized egg into the real world. It was small enough that it could support itself in reality without fading like my wings. It would be a miracle, if it weren't a nightmare." Inhaling shakily, I lift my head from her shoulder to gaze around us, my mane billowing in the warm wind. At her final suggestion however, my ears press back and I look to her in both curiosity and apprehension. For a time, I am quiet; considering; thoughtful.

"You know, it had never occurred to me that that might be a possibility but..." And here my eyes turn again, downcast, worried and stressed and overwhelmed with my fruitless reality. "But I will try it, when the time comes. Thank you for giving me hope, dear friend." Turning once more, I smile, and move to press my lips to her a final time. "I have to be off now though, I promised Khaedrik that I'd show him the bottom of the lake in my dreams. Hopefully I'll see you again before..."

I pull a face, blink at her fondly, and turn to leave. With every step, my heart sinks further. Goodbye, sweet Ilma.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Ilma]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Not all Good Things are Bad; Kagerus, any - by Kagerus - 03-29-2018, 03:25 PM