• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not all Good Things are Bad; Kagerus, any
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    I had seen the crowds in the stadium that day, and I had been informed of the team lists, too. It's evident in our exchanged gaze that both of us know exactly what I have uttered so publicly, but there's also a kindness and understanding passing between us - a kind of quiet denial to show that there's respect between us for the more private aspects of our lives. My gratitude shows in the depths of my glimmering nutmeg eyes.

My brows curl a little in curious confusion at Ilma's fumbling words however, and I smile, trying to encourage her to get it all out in the open. I couldn't with a good conscience not let this mare spill the beans if even I can't keep it together sometimes! And besides, I consider Ilma my good friend, and she can trust me. At least, I feel as if I can trust her, which is worth something between us.

"It sounds like you've had tons on your mind lately!" I chuckle amiably, reaching out to bump noses with the mare. "But I'm glad you've been keeping busy. Hyaline has been a little... Empty these days, but I'm pleased to hear that you've been recruiting, as I have been."

Feeling that this conversation is a little too political for mares as close as we are, I clear my throat loudly, obviously for effect. Then I shrug my shoulders, smiling a little sheepishly. "Anyway, you know about my little gift," I motion to my still-flat belly, and then turn to wiggle my brows at the beautiful snow-white figure. "Were you also... blessed this fall?"

There. How's that for unpolitical discussion?
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Ilma]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Not all Good Things are Bad; Kagerus, any - by Kagerus - 03-12-2018, 11:33 PM