• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ran my wandering mind away, Lagertha
    this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    Be careful not to assume too much about Lagertha’s motives and revelations. She knows better than to count on anyone but herself - herself and possibly Rhy, and maybe Vyx. Even then, she’s always been of the opinion that if you want something done right, you must do it yourself.

Perhaps Mountain’s deposing was simply a show of power and cunning. Something to say here I am, see what I can do, and do not discount me. Lagertha is playing the long game and running the marathon and picking her chess pieces carefully. Some come to fruition and some fail miserably, and what she has learned is to never count on anyone but herself. If all goes according to plan, her successes will be based largely on her own accomplishments and the trust and competency she has cultivated with others. Lagertha does not seek handouts. Nor does she play the ‘woe is me, my mother hated me and that hate drives me’ card.

His last words strike something in the iron lady, and though it is always a risk these days to make friends in other kingdoms, his words sound oddly like a threat. No, not a threat… a warning, perhaps? Sure, his familial relation to Scorch surprised her, and she may or may not have chided herself on revealing the dissent between them… but his did not seem like the ties that bind in knots. Lagertha kept her mouth shut until then, confirming what she thought to be true - that the Tundra’s devotion to Errant was absolute, which for her, is neither good nor bad. She might have Kratos’ support in the icy kingdom, and potentially Critos, but those were still ties to work on.

“I imagine if my siblings were still alive, I would be loyal to them too… or maybe not. My brothers were quite the selfish playboys, if I was told correctly. They’ve all been dead for decades now, though. So I suppose the point is moot.” Angelus had had real power. She would have made herself indispensable to him, and vice versa. In a half playful, half-serious tone she continues, saying, “I hope you’re not fishing for information, Crito. I don’t want to have to stop liking you… who then would i met every so often in the Meadow?” She chuckles, for their meetings were indeed rather fortuitous. And it’s true. Lagertha didn’t want to have to stop counting him amongst her friendly faces. Bu she would if she had to.

Her eyes search his face for some sort of flicker, a tell that would indicate whether or not he was lying. She can read body language fairly well, but as words weren’t her forte, she could miss something. She isn't just some dumb warrior lady.

lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian general

Messages In This Thread
    ran my wandering mind away, Lagertha - by Crito - 04-29-2015, 02:41 PM
    RE: ran my wandering mind away, Lagertha - by Lagertha - 07-02-2015, 10:34 AM