• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Dancer in the Dark ~ [any]
    Jord
    Daughter of the Night
    The soft, cold snow crunched softly as a inky maidens pistons carried her bodice slowly through the frozen trees. Her brown orbs scanned the new area around her. She saw a few others throughout the forest as she wondered.  Her name was Jord. She shook her cranium, her locks shaking off the  small snow flakes that had accumulated, the almost shone brightly against her raven coat. Warm air blew from her muzzle as she breathed. Jord had been walking for what felt like an eternity to get to where she was. She was separated from her ancestors after a war when she was only a lamb.. learning to live on her own, learning to trust only herself. She stuck out like a sore thumb in this climate.. She was not quite used to it.  Her raven coat seamed to glimmer from the reflection of light off the ice and snow.. her tail flicked as she picked up a trot and carried herself in a circle.. trying to keep warm.  She closed her eyes and her maw opened.. letting out a yell from her gullet, a call to anyone who would claim her, she had been alone for so long.. and didn't want to live this way any longer. Her bronze orbs opened once more, searching for anyone who may have heard her.
    Andras

The bay appaloosa wondered into the forest today, he was truly enjoying meeting all the other equines. It was a bitter day and the wind really stung, he scanned the horizon and most equines were taking shelter from the harsh winds. Although the forest was almost empty he was able to find one equine out and about, she was the opposite color of the snow that layed on the earth.

He watched her pacing around until she let out a whinny, a smirk curled on his lips and he returned her call with one of his own. He pranced up to the mare, his pearl colored horn glistened when the sun struck it. Hello there he smiled to the ebony mare My name is Andras, what may I call you? he asked scanning over the mare, she was rather pretty.

Let Go Of The Thoughts That Don't Make You Stronger
    Jord
    Daughter of the Night
    Jord's auditors perked behind her as she heard the call of another horse. It felt like it had been so long since she heard someone else on her travels. Her pistons turned her bodice around as her orbs fell upon a spotted sepia youth. Well, hello there. Jord spoke, her voice tranquil yet enlightened. Her hazel orbs scanned over the child once more, observing the tapering alabaster horn atop the yearlings crown. She took a few paces around the child, watching, as in her travels she had learned not to trust just everyone. Nice to meet you Andras, my name is Jord. She said doing a quick trot around him before standing once more in front of him. What brought you here? How did you get here? She asked stretching her nape and shaking her banner, knocking off snow again. 

Jord wasn't used to snow and colder climates but she was slowly acclimating. Her obsidian banner and tassle gently lapped at her starless bodice in the cold, icy wind; she let out a snort as hot air came from her muzzle, as she awaited a response tossing her head a bit. She wondered why this child was out here alone, wondering where he came from.. 

Mezanix
    So you can throw me to the wolves,
    Tomorrow I will come back,
    Leader of the whole pack.

The heavily pregnant mare moved with ease through the snow laden landscape. Her obsidian pillars moving her through the snow drifts with ease, she was making her way into the forest, so as to seek shelter from the biting cold. Although it did not bother her, she had new life to think about, and although she barely knew the father, she still cared dearly for the life growing inside of her. She was due any day now, and the kicks in her belly were just more of a sign that the foal she carried was eager to see the world for themselves too. 
    Mezanix gave a low snort and pinned her ears back as the sound of two whinnys pierced the otherwise still forest. Her black orbs scanned the trees quickly, and soon she found the sources. Although she was mostly an unsociable beast, she knew that if winter were to call her birth too early, she would require help, at least temporary protection. 

The tall mass of obsidian moved easily through the snow, her steps becoming easier as the layer of white thinned, until eventually she could barely notice it at all, her onyx spheres lay upon the black Friesian looking mare and the bay Appaloosa colt, and she forced a smile to her features.
    "Greetings." She spoke with a lyrical tone. Despite her size and her demeanor her voice seemed to always invite others in.

Jord
    Daughter of the Night
    Jord waited for a response from the young colt, but before he could respond she heard a greetings from another voice. Her cranium turned her orbs toward a large, clearly pregnate, ebony coated mare. "Hello, and who may you be?" Jord said, taking a gentle step back. Jords orbs scanned the mare.. she envied her pregnancy for some reason. Maybe she wanted to be a better parent that her own were, mind you they did their best to protect her from the war. She wanted to raise her own one day, help them to grow strong.. because you can usually never predict when a war or fight may start. 

"My name is Jord." She said shaking her neck again, knocking off the blanket of snow that laid upon her. The cold wind stung as it whiped by the horses fiercely. "I know we are just meeting, but if you wish I could stand on your side to block some of the cold from you..." Jord said kindly with a soft smile.. She offered as she hoped someone would do the same for her one day. "I shall not hurt you." she said. Jord was usually not the type to just trust those around her immediately and help others but she felt bad for the mare before her.. not having a stag by her side to protect her.

Mezanix
    So you can throw me to the wolves,
    Tomorrow I will come back,
    Leader of the whole pack.

She found the mares offer an insult, but did not speak a word of her detest, however she offered a gentle smile and shook her head. "I am fine, the cold does not bother me much" She spoke softly, it seemed that carrying a foal had made her soft on others. That would change once her child was born for sure. Her eyes lay on the colt briefly then moved back to Jord. 
    "I am Mezanix by the way" She said to Jord more than the other, her gaze lowered to the ground watching the snow before raising back to meet Jords gaze. "The blizzard seems to be dying down, were you also caught out in it?" She asked. Soft. That was all that ran through her head. But she needed the bodies just in case her unborn child caused problems, and she knew the only way to get help was by being friendly. So Mezanix put on a face for now. Once the child was born she wouldn't need anyone for she'd be able to move freely, without worrying about the bundle she carried.

ooc; sucks & I usually like to wait for the whole thread to reply, but you wanted so heeere you go c: