• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    Elaria wanted to go home, to return to what she knew. The Dale has housed them and embraced them during those spring days following their births. Why they left for elsewhere, they’re not sure, but it’s Elaria that wants to pick up where she left off. The undead girl wanted to be among family and in the rolling hills where she could at least try leading a life of normalcy.

Estela, on the other hand, wants more than a stationary life in the Dale. She wants – needs – a greater purpose. There has to be a reason that she was born with these claws. While she likely could never be as malicious as her grandfather in the stories Estela at least has come to the conclusion that she is destined for something. She doesn’t know where to begin, or even where to go. Youthful ignorance still entwines itself in her ambitious dreams, but she doesn’t allow anyone to know or see how uncertain she truly is.

The only hints of her lineage are the talons kneading into the soil when she walks, the porcelain points linked to her mahogany coat, and the gold-flecked eyes that peer curiously from behind her forelock. She could’ve been so perfect, such a beautiful cross of her parents, but her claws are a blemish. They are what make her unique and hopeful that she has a destiny ahead. They tainted her mind; they darkened her perception.

It’s her talons and the stories of grandfather that define her.

Estela
    lies are dripping off your face
    Josie

The ebony mare wasted no time taking on her duties for the Tundra, she was out in the field looking for a member to recruit for the kingdom. After all the news with beqannas magical powers being drained, and having to protect the cave or the Tundra would be destroyed, it all meant so much to her. She wanted nothing more than to help and bring members back to the kingdom.

It was winter now, which would make for an easier adjustment to the Tundra's kingdom. There winter coats were already in full bloom, and they would have to worry about one extreme to the other. She walked around, crunching her hoof print into the snow with every step, peacefully scanning the area she looked around for a recruit. After a few moments she saw one equine in particular, a bay with white points, certainly an odd sight to see. She smiled gently and creeped closer, as she did she noticed something even more strange, Talons what the heck. Josie has seen many traits, but not a horse with talons, maybe she would prove to be quite the defender.

A small whinny escaped her maw and she moved within speaking distance of the other mare Hello! My name is Josie, of the Tundra her voice was strong and she carried herself with pride. First impressions are everything, Josie hoped that it would be good enough for the mare to be interested in her speech about the Tundra.

Like The Dancer Before Me

@[ESTELA]
    The Tundra.

Her blood once ruled there, but that was generations ago. It was when women were prohibited unless they wanted to be used as toys to settle the sex drive of stallions. Once, it was a place for unambitious broodmares, but this girl’s enthusiasm quietly speaks of change. The kindness she offers is unexpected as it the amiable grin that stretches across her lips almost as if she isn’t in front of a monster.

Estela watches with mild interest as her thoughts revert to the old ways of the kingdom. With narrowed eyes she can’t help but sharply ask, ”The Tundramen are giving their broodmares enough freedom to recruit?” It’s brasher than she anticipated, but she doesn’t reel back in self-surprise. Unyielding, she watches the joyous girl. There’s more confusion than anything that’s clouding her perception. In spite of her doubts, she still offers her name. ”Estela,” her voice is sweetened poison, her gold-flecked eyes a vortex to lose oneself in.

She inches forward as she searches Josie’s face. There is happiness radiating from her. She loves her home; wouldn’t that be the reason she’s out here? But what has changed so much in the last couple years that the world granted female power in the Bachelor kingdom? Were the men unable to hold their own? An inward chuckle breaks her thoughts, but her attention never strays from Josie. ”Why are you there?” Unable to restrain the sharpness of her tongue Estela lets the question hang tensely in the air between them.

It’s her talons and the stories of grandfather that define her.

Estela
    Josie

Josies gaze trailed the mare who appeared to grow interested in the conversation. The mare asks if the Tundra stallions are allowing there broodmares to recruit, Josie simply cocked her eye in confusion. But after a few moments she remembered it was not long ago that the kingdom opened there castes to females, a wise decision on there part. A gentle laugh broke the seal of her lips oh i'm no broodmare, I am a diplomat for the kingdom. The ranks have opened up to mares she gave a gentle nod as if to assure the mare it was friendly to both genders now.

The mare offered her name, Estela and Josie listened with her ears flicked forward Thats a unique name! She grew curious of her history, where the mare came from and where did she reside now? She seemed to have so much hidden history, like she had plenty of stories to share. As Josie was lost in her thoughts the bay and white mare stepped closer to Josie, nothing was spoken but the silence was cut with a laugh from Estela. Her laugh was followed up with a question, why are you there she asked. Josie gave a questioning glance Why am I in the Tundra? Well I am from the Dale but I wanted to make a path for myself, in a home my parents are not She gave a snort, she might be stupid and staying in the Dale would most likely have been easier. But at the Tundra she could prove herself, she was no one to that kingdom, she was just a diplomat working hard for her position. She gazed over the mare once more, still curious to her talons before finding her direct gave Why are you here? she asked, mainly to redirect the conversation rather than sit on her last question.

I am not afraid.
    Celeana
    "Of course the Jungle is always open." The amazonian filly jumped into the conversation. She allowed a smirk to be released from her velvet lips. "I thought they were joking. That they would actually let you out." She chuckled, verdant hues inspecting the ebony girl. Her attention turning towards the taloned mare. "I'm Celeana of the Jungle. How do you do?" The speckled girl dipped her head respectfully, allowing a green eye to linger upon the Tundra mare.

"Of course I'd love to rant about my kingdom. Do you mind?" A roguish grin formed upon her lips. "Of course you don't." Rolling her shoulders the appaloosa filly exhaled. "The Jungle is a sisterhood. Where only females are allowed to uphold ranks. Of course the Jungle is not for weak hearted, she will eat you alive if you underestimate her. Since the faeries deprived the Jungle of her magical entity we now don't show off our tattoos, something that once binded our loyalty to her." 

Celeana eyed both of the equine before her. That is quite enough, perhaps even too much. Celeana had never been as forward in a conversation before. Perhaps it was because of her recent failure in recruitment, that and she lost to a falls stallion. A rude one. Not that she held a grudge particularly on the Falls, it's just some of their diplomats can be quite strong headed. Something Celeana found hard to compete against especially when recruiting for her own Kingdom. 

These days her kingdom was limited in strength due to there being so few sisters these days. Along with the fact that some equine in the field weren't too open to a gender dominant Kingdom. They just were all looking at wrong, all the mares that she had approached before needed someone to free them from a cage of men. Something she had done before and, of course lost. Was freeing someone to a choice a crime? To offer them another exit, was that too a crime?

This time she wouldn't help, she wouldn't plead for their mercy. She wouldn't free them from that cage. She would be a bystander, a witness to their pain. And she will not aid in their justice.
    Hope this is okay Tongue
    [Image: celeana1_zps6eonkecp.gif?w=480&h=480&fit...1483304507]
    How funny that they have a similar background. Estela’s attention was beginning to roam, but her eyes peek back through their corners at Josie. ”Who are your parents in the Dale?” She can’t help her piqued interest as she turns her head slowly to once again watch the joyful girl. ”Mine are Tiphon and Elysteria,” she pauses thoughtfully as her body shifts, her talons kneading the soil, ”My brother is the King there.” Ramiel, another child that somehow is cursed with a link to death. That seems to be a trend with her brothers, but not her. No, Estela’s curse is the set of claws, but she sees them more as a gift anyways. ”What made you decide on the Tundra? When did they open their ranks to mares?” She isn’t exactly sure how to handle the information. Were the men so weak that they needed women to bulk their ranks? Or were they exhausted of male-only company?

Estela is considering her options and delves deep into her memories. Father told her stories. He always had advice for his daughter, but much of what he said has since been lost with time. Would she unknowingly walk into a lion’s den because of the crimes her grandfather committed? Because of her physical link to him?

Fear nothing, child. You’re the dangerous one.

With her eyes narrowed Estela shrugs her shoulders. ”I know I’m capable of something greater than dawdling in the shadows of my parents,” which is just another way of reiterating Josie’s statement, really. A drawn-out breath coils from her nostrils in a long, white plume. The brisk spring air scratches down her sides and briefly chills her claws before she moves them accordingly with the approach of someone else. Her tail sweeps across her legs, her head tilting to one side. ”Maybe I do mind,” but in reality, Estela doesn’t. It’s interesting to hear what others have to say about their homes. Their selling points, their highlights, their monarchy. Everything is so different and yet the same. A king and a queen with subjects in a home trying to strengthen itself. That’s the gist, mostly, is it not? Yet she grants each woman the opportunity to speak because Estela is curious. She isn’t yet sure where she will make her own footprint or where she will find herself.

”It’s cute how they had sisterhood marks. Sort of like friendship bracelets,” a low chuckle tumbles from her mouth as her eyes light up in amusement. ”How is the Jungle’s reputation nowadays? Has it weakened like I last heard? Or are you once again in rebuilding?” There are knives on her tongue, but Estela isn’t intentionally crude (is she?). She is blunt and isn’t one to sugarcoat. She can’t bring herself to speak as sweetly as her mother or so drab as father. Estela is unique. What would one expect from an archangel twin?

”How funny that I find myself presented by recruiters from the single-gender-dominated kingdoms,” a pause as her eyes flicker to Josie, ”Or, once gender-dominated.” Her weight shifts to allow a meager stretch as she looks between them. ”What do your kingdoms have to offer?” A cat playing with its mice, biding its time.

Estela
    Josie

The ebony mare peered at the bay who asked of her parents, she took a moment to respond as Phaedrus was not her blood father but that was a story for another day. Zaravich is my mother and Phaedrus is my father she said raising her head slightly higher, proud of her family that belonged to the Dale. The bay seemed to grow much more interested and in fact shared the name of her parents. I can't say I have met either of your parents but it is nice to meet another Dale descendant she glowed with joy, it was a little taste of home running into her. She continued to say that her brother was the king there and she smiled with interest Ramiel!? she said in a questioning tone I have barely spoken to him, but mother speaks highly of him this mare she was speaking to is not only from the Dale, she is royalty of the Dale!

She scanned the horizon with the creeping feeling of another but shrugged it off and turned back to the bay who asked why she joined the Tundra well she said taking in a deep breath I wanted my own path, one that I made for myself. I didn't want to be Zara or Phaedrus' child, I just wanted to be Josie the horse who worked damn hard to get where she was surely this bay mare did not care for her life story, but she did ask. I'm not sure when they opened there ranks, I heard it was males only but when I was offered a position in the kingdom I didn't hesitate.

Josies ears weren't playing tricks on her, shortly after a black and white mare approached. She introduced herself as Celeana and was from the Jungle, she gave the recruiting speech trying to sway Estela to join the Jungle. She listened quietly as they shared words, Estela did not seem to impressed with the Jungle and even asked of there reputation. Estela once again turned the conversation back to Josie and Celeana, she asked what there kingdoms had to offer. She pondered the words to choose for a moment before speaking well, we are a strong kingdom and more like a family than just a bunch of equines living with each other. You seem very determined and I think you would do very well in the Tundra although she spoke with pride she had a feeling this mare had no desired to leave her current home. Regardless she enjoyed the encounter and hoped to see her again in the near future.

The mare walked into the clearing.She was called No-name.She was called that because she had no name.She was alone.In no band(herd) she didn't know any horses.She was taken from her Band and moved to a different field
    :cool: Speed Is Key!!!-Jacksepticeye :cool: