• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  take these broken wings and learn to fly
    Usually that is his first thought, his first consideration on a thing- the danger of it. Yet she was already so close, so near that he could feel her breathing and smell the unsoured scent of her coat. If she were going to kill him with her feet she would have done so already, or perhaps she was waiting for a more opportune time, in which case it would be too late for Fart anyways.

It was almost too late for Fart once before, he recalls his heavy head against a warm stone floor. There had been Magic and blood and so much fighting, so much pain. He was brave then, in that other land, he was strong and he was free of the world’s discrimination. No one was there to make him feel unloved, or ugly. Instead there were few and there was one that really mattered, Grumble. How he missed that time, that feeling of being needed and useful.

Fart shakes his hairless head, sending the sad thoughts away because now was not really a good time for moping was it? No, she had answered his question and it was much like his own. She had nowhere to go, didn’t belong. Seraphina had also just come back, well, he had done just that too. Sort of but he didn’t know how long he had truly been away. Here it felt as if time had not passed, that months or years spent with Grumble had been a mere blink of an eye in this world. A breath. He nods his head looking thoughtful, relaxing a bit for once and allowing the tension of his muscles to retreat. At the present he was not under attack, the opposite, he was experiencing company for the first time in this world in a very long time.

He didn’t count the mares he had somehow gotten with child this season, the women likely unaware of what had truly occurred. They were probably dizzy from the fumes, incoherent and unable to make wise choices. Come to think of it he felt sort of bad about it, it was a rotten thing to do, not that he had forced any of them but still.  "Me too," he says, hoping it would make her feel better. "Sort of, I mean, I was somewhere else before this," he wasn't sure where exactly, just that it wasn't here at all.

The next question is almost lost, a gentle whispering of words and for a moment he feels sad for her. He had made her embarrassed to ask maybe but no one had ever asked him why or how he looked the way he did. “I’m not sure, see, I was born with it like that. I’ve not know it to be any other way, makes eating sort of hard too, guess that’s why I’m so scrawny. Bet I look awful, no, I know I do. Can’t be helped, I eat best I can though.” He nods, muddy eyes searching blankly ahead wondering to himself if he had answered her well enough. “Suppose you had claws when you were born too? Or did a fairy give them to you? A fairy gave me something too, not so nice as those I suspect but I think it could be useful.” His limey ears twitched against the breeze and he worried for a moment that he was standing too close again.

“That’s okay if one did, I don’t mind them,” he added, unsure if he had himself landed on a touchy subject for the woman in front of him. “Are they why you are alone now?” Drat, ruined it again probably.
    dont you know that youre toxic?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take these broken wings and learn to fly - by Fart - 07-31-2016, 07:18 PM