• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Joys of Winter (Any)
    Sreva was a full-grown mare with the flashing temper of a volcano. However, that didn't mean she had let go of her free, childish spirit completely. Winter was one of her favorite seasons; seeing the white powder fall from the sky, blanket the land like the loving embrace of a parent (not something she would know about), transforming the village into a peaceful slumbering paradise.

That is, until some horse got the urge to gallop through the snow and ruin its picturesque image. Sreva had been nudging some snow aside to try and find the dried grass that lay beneath. It wasn't the most healthy time of the year to try and find food, but she was hungry, and this is what she had to do. The pintaloosa was a survivor; she would work to find food, no matter how tired it made her.

Plus, there was a grove she knew of that had grass right under the snow, making it easier to find, but she didn't want to waste it all right now. She'd go for it when she was really hungry, if every effort to find the dried grass was a waste and she left with an empty belly.

The mare whinnied joyfully, eagerly kicking up her hind legs as she pranced through the snow. The powder kicked up into the air, parts of it falling onto her back and covering some of the darker areas of her painted coat. Effectively, it made her look like she'd been turned into a full-blooded appaloosa, as opposed to her pintaloosa crossbred blood.

Whatever, it didn't matter. What did was that she was having a lot of fun in the snow, and nothing was going to stop her. As she did play, she briefly wondered how the other mares were faring, especially those that were carrying foals this season. Were they getting enough food in their bellies? Would they be able to retain enough health for themselves and their foals?

Wait, why was she bothering to care? It's not like she'd ever done so before; she'd only ever expressed a little jealousy, especially when birthing season rolled around. Did that mean what Sreva thought it did? Did she really want a foal of her own?

That, she wasn't entirely sure of. She needed to think more on it, decided if she would be a good mother, before any permanent decisions were made.

Lavender pools see a mess of colors moving, squealing, playing. Now this is certainly a lost mare. No one in the Village had fun. Everyone was a bunch of piss bag full of vinegar. Lobes are moving as she nears the spotted mare, lids slit in response. "Well hiya." The tones are tainted with sarcasm but truthfully, Chem had been gone for some time and Helle would at least attempt to talk to the other women.

The striped woman removes the attitude (at least from her face) and proceeds to offer a smirk (hey it's almost a smile!) "I don't believe we know one another very well. I remember your face from a bit ago though. I'm Helleborn." Okay, the mare is trying to be personable. It's a friggen stretch when you lived in the Village. Everyone knew their reputations for Chem collecting the bitchiest bitch of the west and plopping them right down here.

So cut a girl a break. She's at least trying for the sake of the herd.

HELLEBORN

light up the world as i fall asleep

Photograph by
    That voice was easily recognizable, as if the pompous feeling Sreva was getting wasn't enough to tell her who this mare was. Helleborn carried herself with a very high-set attitude, obviously thinking she was better than the other mares of Chemdog's herd simply because she'd been chosen for the lead mare position.

Well, Sreva wasn't one to appreciate the mare's attitude. If she started acting all high and mighty around her, trying to proclaim her own superiority, Sreva would be quick to counter with her teeth and hooves.

When Helleborn said hello, Sreva rolled back onto her stomach, folding her legs underneath her belly. Stretching out her front limbs, she hoisted her weight forward, moving her back legs so they were out from under her and could support the mare's weight.

Hellebore introduced herself, and Sreva checked the childish impulse to roll her eyes. Instead, she gave her pelt a good shake before turning her head to look at the lead mare, "Yeah, I know who you are. It's kind of hard not to when the others are gossiping about you," Sreva snipped, giving her neck another shake to get rid of the snow in her mane.

"You're the mare who was promoted to lead position for whatever reason Chemdog deemed necessary. Although I admit, I'm surprised you're even out and about right now and not out following the stallion like a lost wolf cub."

Helle had remained calm, cool, collected. She was marble. She was finely carved bone.

Sreva has officially annoyed the striped woman. Helle was trying to be nice. TRYING TO BE NICE. What reason did the lead mare have to be friendly with anyone? Sure it was encouraged but then when Helle tries, she is met with this sort of attitude. Chem had chosen her because she was not to be fucked with but then this little painted mare decides to spit acid words AND just to be a twat, try to run her mouth?

Fuck that.

Helle's expression turns to that of the impenetrable stone, the gargoyle's grin. Limbs pull her right on up to Sreva and she is sure to keep her gaze and doesn't break it till she can practically see the beat of the painted wench's heart throb in her throat.

Now Helle did not think herself better. No. She was merely attempting to reach out to the other mares, perhaps find some understanding, or just some MOTHER FUCKING CONVERSATION. Did that ever cross your mind? No? Didn't think so.

But nope, they want to gossip then Helle will certainly give this little mare a reason to gossip. "Oh? For whatever reason, is that it? Then challenge me Sreva and we will see why I am chosen as lead. Why, I sit the throne while our stallion is away." She speaks low and calm, meeting the gaze. "And you take me for a lost cub?" Helle clicks her tongue. "How easy it must be to spit such things. I have even yet to carry a proper conversation with you but you have outed yourself to be so petty. Poor creature, wallow in your hatred...curse my name, curse Chem's...whatever helps you sleep better at night, dear, sweet, precious Sreva." Helle can hiss too except her bite is much worse than her bark. "And to think, I had hoped to have civil relations with you but no, you couldn't let me could you?" Lavender pools slit as she laces her ears tightly against her skull before snorting at the mare.

She moves away from Sreva now, disappointed things came to this when she had high expectations in the other. Helle finds that the other chose to be a lost cause instead of an ally. "I feel sorry for you." Helle says this last as she is turning, her eyes close to the pretty painted woman. It was a damned shame that she had chosen this path rather than the other.

Such a damned shame. 

Chem will be displeased by this when he learns of the mare's disposition and attitude towards Helleborn. After all, Chem was always watching, listening.

HELLEBORN

Photograph by
    Sreva rolled her eyes this time, "Challenging you would just be a waste of my time. I honestly don't care why you were chosen as lead."

As Helleborn continued on, chastising Sreva for her words, a few certain ones caught her attention, especially the last two statements. Sreva had been through too much to have relations with any horse, which is why she still questioned to this day why she'd followed Chemdog back to his herd lands. It was obvious that he preferred the mares who were willing to give him foals over those that didn't.

Sreva had to admit, she'd been feeling the effects of birthing season each time around, so she stayed away from the stallion, figuring she wasn't ready to raise a foal. But every time she saw Chemdog hanging around with the mares and their newborn foals, she grew jealous.

She was also slightly jealous that Helleborn had been chosen as lead mare, but why should she care? She didn't want any leadership positions anyway.

As Helleborn turned to walk away, she uttered those five words... those words that tore at Sreva's heart...

Once the mare was gone, Sreva lowered her head, muttering a few words to herself, "You'd be the first..." The pintaloosa started walking toward the tree line, now wanting to get out of the snow and take some time alone rather than enjoy the winter wonderland.

The last of the words from the pintaloosa drifted on the chill and caught Helle's ear. A shiver jerks up her spine but it's not the cold that does it. Lavender eyes wince as her bitchy brain tries to resist but her hear overcomes this battle and the striped woman is pivoting and going after the other mare.

"Dammit." The woman curses herself under her breath. "Sreva!" The name is not as sour as it once tasted on her tongue. Helle looks through the snow, following the hoofprints till she calls to the other woman, nearing as she speaks. "Look...Sreva...I didn't mean it." Helleborn begins, rusty with the lack of ever apologizing, to try to make amends. "It's just...ah, hard, ya know?" Her movement ceases as she nervously scratches one hock leg with her hind nail. "I don't want to fight. I don't ALWAYS like being bitchy. It's not fun...it's just when everyone assumes shit or thinks things...well...it's frustrating." Helle is trying her damnest to apologize in the only way she knows how. It was rough and tumble but the sincerity is there in her lavender eyes.

HELLEBORN

Photograph by
    Wait, was that her? Why was Helleborn coming back? Sreva stopped walking and lifted her head, glancing back, seeing the mare galloping up to her. As Sreva listened to Helleborn speak, she had to admit, the words did not sound right for some reason. Perhaps because the mare just wasn't used to saying sorry, or whatever the reason. Sreva's ears twitched as she listened to Helleborn apologize, staring at her inquisitively.

So, the mare didn't want to fight... that sure puzzled Sreva even more so. "Well, given what most of us have been through... and the fact that Sabe was angry after she challenged you... you can see why some of the mares don't like how things are. I honestly don't care who's in charge, as long as I'm not, and whoever is in charge knows what to do and handles it responsibly.

"So, as long as you are responsible and handle things with the best interests for the herd and Chemdog in mind, I don't care if you're the alpha."