• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You cut me so deep that it left scars. - Fernweh

Cai
    Cal X Carys

Your kingdom has turned to a bone yard, 
    The look on your face as you leave. 
    You cut me so deep that it left scars, 
    You had the world right at your feet.

Day by day his confidence was growing, he could actually walk through an area without cowering at every sound, and if he had to he could actually talk to someone. However all these things had not helped him in stopping the nightmares, nor had it answered the question he had asked himself every day since he had been abandoned, and left to die. 
    Every night he would still be haunted by the memory of being left. He didn't understand it, he could remember some things about it, that now made sense, but back then as a little newborn, how was he to understand. From what Cai had gathered from his memories over the years, was that his dam had been raped and birthed an unwanted foal -him. He caused her so much pain that someone else -someone Cai couldn't put a name to or any particular role to- took him away from his mother and left him to die. 

The golden buckskin shook his head as thoughts tainted his mind, those were for the night when sleep attempted to relieve him. Now though, it was midday and the sun was battling with the colourful leaves of the dwindling canopy. The lighting caused dapples to splash over the ground, and as the young stallion moved with graceful strides, his vision became momentarily blinded as light would touch his face. 
    Despite the graceful movements Cai possessed, he was not without marks. Partially blinded in his left eye a long thik scar running down the side of his face over his eye was a dead giveaway of the defect he held. This was cause for more insecurity in Cai, who was forever on alert, always expecting the worst to happen, and almost always expecting the worst to happen to him.

ooc; spaced at the end, needa get some food. @[Fernweh]
    Fernweh
    The two year old bay mare made her way through the forest. She was here just to look for some herbs and maybe some company. She wasn't sure if there was anyone here in the forest though due to the weather. She however didn't mind it as she was always wandering from place to place. She was free and actually quiet liked it though if someone offered her a home she would take it. She spotted another in the distance and called out before approaching him. She said" Hello sir. My name is Fernweh but please call Fern. What is your name sir?"  

in a gentle way you can shake the world

Cai
    Cal X Carys

He was startled to say the least, and turned to meet eyes with the young bay mare. His mind already running wild with possible fatal outcomes of the encounter. His ears fell back in unease as he watched her, his one good brown eye taking in all that she was, the other watching her in a blur of greys blacks and whites.
    "Oh, uh. Hello Fern. I am Cai" He manages to brave a few words to her, still on edge though, worried that she'd see into his mind and see what he was, see what pain he had caused his dam and what pain he had gone through. Fear that she'd turn to pity him grew deeper and worried him only more, but his paranoia that she would be able to read his mind was indeed his biggest concern. (Ironic as he unknowingly possess the ability of mind blocking.)
    Fernweh
    The two year old bay mare smiled at the stallion and said" It is a pleasure meeting you my friend Cai. How are you on this fine day sir?" She studied the stallion with her hazel eyes and thought he was quiet hansom. He seemed apprehensive towards her a bit. She however had met a few like that but then again they had just met. She herself hadn't been out and about to meet many horses so her communication skills aren't to great. So far on her journey she had met a nice mare and became her friend.

in a gentle way you can shake the world

Cai
    Cal X Carys

She called him sir a lot, something Cai was not used to, and he wasn't sure he liked either, but ne made no hint that being called this did not suit him, instead he offered her a warm smile, lifting the corners of his mouth. 
    "I am well, how are you Fern?" He asks her, still wary of her, still paranoid that she could see right into his mind, see his past, know his pain, his loss, his fear. His tail flicked slightly in irritation towards himself. Stupid. Just move on already! He shook the thoughts away and lay his focus to the mare in front of him. 

@[Fernweh]
    The bay mare with purple points smiled at the stallion and said" I am great now that I found some company. I was quiet lonely on my journey." She took in the stallions appearance and scent. She could tell he was worried about something but she didn't want to bother him about it. She looked down as she spotted an herb she had been looking for. She would wait to pick it up until she was ready to leave.