• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  'I feel safe in darkness... because deep down inside... I'm a devil...' (Any)
    It was not often that the sound of a horse could be compared to a predator. Big cats have roars, wolves have growls, sharks have their teeth... all these powerful creatures have the means to back up their status as natural born killers. Horses are flight animals; they would rather run than fight for their safety. At least, the majority.

Neoma was certain she was not the only mare that was willing to fight instead of run, but was certain she was one of the few that enjoyed it. Her blue roan coat was covered in bite marks and dirt shaped like hooves; wounds that showed how she had been treated when she'd thrown off an eager stallion here in the field. One that didn't necessarily want to claim her, but desired her for other means. The blue roan had a large bubble of personal space, and when some horse invaded it, they were quick to be sorry.

Except those persistent ones, damn them.

Her body ached all over; her own muzzle was speckled with drops of blood, a display that she hadn't been the only one to break skin in recent battles. Horse's teeth weren't that sharp, and not meant to really break skin, but nature had its way, especially when horse fights evolved from self-defense to means of killing to survive.

The most Neoma had done herself were bite marks good enough to break the skin, but nothing serious, which explained the lack of blood. The bite marks on her body weren't oozing, as they weren't deep, but the sheer number was a different story. Most of them were older, had already healed, but that didn't mean they didn't hurt.

To accompany all that, the mare's front left leg hurt a great deal. She was sure she hadn't sprained it or anything, which meant she couldn't walk. The cut along the front side was a whole deal by itself. It wasn't deep, but considering it had been a pretty sharp tree branch poking from the ground that had sliced her, Neoma was surprised the wound wasn't any worse.

The mare heaved a great sigh as she continued limping through the grass, ignoring the trail of blood she left behind as the blades brushed against the lesion on her leg. Her eyes were focused on the large pond in the distance; she desperately needed to soak her leg, if not her whole body, depending on the depth of the pond. The whole time she made her way there, her eyes constantly scanned the vast field around her.

Her eyes spotted cliques of mares here and there, as well as stallions flitting between them to see which mares they wanted to claim next. Neoma made sure to stay well away from them all, intending on not becoming a stallion's next prey that day. She kept to the tall grass, weaving through the trees when she could to confine herself to the darkness as a means of camouflage.

Once she reached the lake, her guard went down just slightly as the mare expressed her relief. Now that she was here, she could see that it wasn't deep enough to soak her body, but her leg would not be a problem. The mare limped into the water, grimacing the whole time as the freezing liquid caused her lesion to sting.

A couple of times until she got used to the temperature, she lifted her leg in and out of the water. It was after about ten minutes her wound got accustomed to its temperature, and she kept her leg down, sighing in relief as the water washed over her wound. Keeping her ears up, muscles tense, she lowered her head and cautiously lapped at the water, her tail swishing back and forth to deter the flies buzzing around her.

Jedi was growing more active in leaving the Falls, he went into a state of depression after his mate left some few odd years ago and than Ashara disappeared with his adopted colt Cicero but randomly reappeared after a couple years. His ears flicked as he looked about, it was nice to be around again there was no need to be upset, he was his own horse and a damn good one at that. He was a good horse in his kingdom, one who was of a higher rank and willing to do anything for his kingdom.

He looked about snapping back to reality, there was plenty of horses out today all lovey dovey and new parents. He pushed through the crowd of equines, occasionally brushing shoulders with an equine as they passed each other. He stopped once he reached a body of water, it was much cooler in this, winter was here and the ground was growing harder every day and soon snow would be falling again and this water would be frozen over. He gave a snort watching as the wind blew and the leaves continued to fall from the trees, in a few days this place would be bare aside from the pine trees that never lose there bright green branches.

He walked closer to the water but the scent of blood ran through his nares making him curious to the cause. As he looked about he found a smaller blue roan mare, one who had bite marks in her body, he would be startled but in his age this is not something new. He casually made his way over to the mare who was dipping her leg in the water every few moments. Hello there he said and dipped his head in respect My name is Jedi, is there anything I can do to help? he ask with concern. He would normally offer to bring the mare back to the Falls to have the kingdoms water heal them, although the magic was sucked from the kingdom and it no longer healed. He did not have healing powers like some equines, but relied on the old fashion way of time and patience to heal a body.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

OOC: sorry i know a lot of your characters are in the Falls but Jedi couldn't resist :p
    @[Neoma]

⍢Celeana⍢

The amazonian mare is mad, no she's pissed. She had been waiting to be initiated into the sisterhood for two years now, awaiting for her child like body to grow into her more mature body. Now that she was finally ready to take the oath, the faeries decide to steal away the magic of every kingdom. Scars and tattoos disappear out of existence, spirit animals no longer follow in the footsteps of equine, all kingdom gifted abilities are lost as if they were't even there in the first place. Beqanna isn't the same without the magic of it's kingdoms but, in this dire time for Beqanna, the surrounding kingdoms must push on. Sisters in her kingdom were few, their numbers were weakened after the war. So that only left Celeana with one duty to her kingdom, to increase their numbers in a hope that eventually when the kingdom grows enough magic will be returned. Enough magic so she could receive her tattoo to be fully initiated.

Today, she meanders about the field searching for mares worthy of the duties and commitment of the Jungle. As usual the constant affair of mares being bombarded by stallions remains a constant tone within the field, making the scenery more unwelcoming to the amazonian mare than it was in the first place. Verdant hued eyes scan the area, as the nares of her nostrils flare in breif annoyance as a stallion comes too close for comfort, she allows a kick to fly planting it upon his chest. Her lobes pin and the girls growls through grinding teeth, "Try my fucker."

The girl storms off towards a frigid pond, the first signs of winter upon Beqanna. Her eyes drift towards a pair, a mare submerged up to knees in water and a painted stallion. The mare seemed injured while the stallion placed down the sympathetic card something she saw too often in the field. Her ebony glossed lobes pinned as she approached the pair allowing her jaw to aggressively nip out at the stallion as a warning. Her ears perked up now that the line was drawn between her and the paint stallion. "I'm Celeana of the Jungle." She doesn't undermind the mare's injuries she is aware that only time can heal her within the Jungle, if she did choose to follow in the path of the sisterhood.

Rolling her shoulder blades in a rather tense tone she continues, "I'm going to lay it out straight and simple." She pauses. "The Jungle needs strong and dependable sisters, you seem up to the challenge." She silences herself inhaling the scent of the male, she could tell by his scent he was apart of the Falls. A neutral kingdom, to the Jungle as far as she knew. "So, you can continue to soak your leg or follow me to the Jungle, where we can aid in your recovery." She resumes her silence her lobes swiveling to the vocals of other equine, awaiting an answer.

Ass-Kicker Of Men

I couldn't resist.
    [Image: celeana1_zps6eonkecp.gif?w=480&h=480&fit...1483304507]
    Neoma's head shot up fast as lightning, her ears forward and eyes alert as she focused on the paint stallion approaching her. Even though he seemed to be keeping a distance, he was still far too close for her liking. She took a step away so she went further into the water, lowering her head and flicking her tail a couple more times as she kept her eyes on him.

Who did he think he was, sneaking up on her like that? Did he care so little for her nerves that he was fully willing to give her a start, and probably not even apologize for it? This was why Neoma didn't really like hanging around other horses; they took no consideration from others, at least not from what she'd seen.

The mare stomped her hoof in the water a few times, letting the stallion know he'd better stay back or she would be quite angry (angrier, really). She noted the concern in his voice, but figured he was trying to play that card, the card of a caring horse, to entice her to go along with him. That false flattery, sympathy, whatever, wouldn't work on her. She needed a damn good reason to be enticed to come along with some horse, and finding such a reason to bring her along would not be easy.

Before Neoma could respond to the stallion's question, another horse arrived. This one was a filly, a young one by the looks of her, but her temper easily matched that of a mature mare. She nipped at the stallion as she came to join the two horses, introducing herself before explaining why she'd come here, and that she wished for Neoma to go with her.

Neoma's eyes narrowed in caution, her ears tilting back as she glared at both horses, "And what the hell can you do for me exactly? This wound won't heal without time; unless either of you have some sort of power to heal, or something equally as weird, it's gonna heal on its own."

For some reason, Neoma wondered why she'd said that. She'd had a weird feeling in her body ever since coming her to this land, like it wasn't natural. These two horses, they didn't seem natural. Something was just off about them... not in a bad way, but still...

"I'm not easily enticed," Neoma argued. "Give me a damn good reason to come with either of you to your homes, and I may actually consider it."

The stallion was kind hearted, it was his nature but the blue roan did not see him as that. He could respect her dislike, they did not know each other and he has no idea what past she has had. He stepped back dipping his head in respect, but as he did so another mare approached a rude ass mare who bit him. Who in the hell does this mare think she is? Thinking she could come around and bite whoever the hell she wants for whatever reason she wants. He pinned his ears and kicked out his inside leg aiming for the mare who approached, she reeked of Jungle which answered his questions. For whatever reason all those mares are afraid of stallions, Jedi was well aware of the assholes the stallions could be, but not all of them were.

She went on her speech about how this mare should join the Jungle, in which she spat out to Jedi, feeding off the Jungle mares response. He rolled his eyes gently when she asked what either of them had to offer Look, I am not an asshole stallion who is out here to sweep you off your feet, I could give a damn about that. his comment was more or so aimed at the Jungle mare I am a General to my kingdom and I am here to better our kingdom, just as much as this mare is He snorted raising his head high My kingdom allows mare and stallions, we are a strong and respectable kingdom willing to take you in his gaze scanned over to the jungle mare, awaiting her response.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[Neoma]
    @[Celeana]

⍢Celeana⍢

Celeana could easily beat the shit out of him if she wanted but, she could honestly care less. It seems the ignorant stallion got the message wrong, she was simply was drawing a mental line between them. She grunts as his rather weak attempt impacts her flesh honestly she had experienced far worse than a silly old kick from a stallion. She chuckles silently at his kick followed by his words, she didn't think he was an asshole. She didn't think of most stallions as assholes, it's just sometimes their reputation within her kingdom doesn't necessarily surprise her. 

She steps towards the mare briefly inspecting her injuries, minor cuts and bruises are marked all over her body. She must of been at the wrong place at the wrong time to receive such a beating.Silently stepping back into place she eyes the stallion with emerald hues before responding with her rebuttal, "My Khaleesi may have connections to the magical beings of Beqanna. They can use their magical abilities to heal you in ways unimaginable." She paused allowing her shoulders blades to roll once more in a less tense manner. "There is also a wide range of medicinal herbs within the Jungle that can both aid and speed up in your recovery."

She remains silent for a moment as her speckled body begins to relax in the presence of the stallion, "It's rather unfortunate that the Falls no longer holds it's magical entities. Otherwise I would insist you follow him." She allows herself to smirk as a roguish smile forms upon her ebony lips. "Our numbers may be small but, we are a respectable sisterhood within Beqanna." She adds on. Her verdant green essays shift from the stallion to mare once more, "Was that enticing enough for you?" She states with a rather salty tone. There was no way in hell she'll let this mare walk into a kingdom that couldn't help her with her injuries.

Ass-Kicker Of Men

@[Jedi] @[Neoma]
    Neoma's eyes widened, surprised that the stallion would lash out in such a manner. It was a weak kick, more likely just to deter the mare from biting him again, but really, did he have to? Neoma stomped a hoof again, pinning her ears at the stallion.

"Was that really necessary? I agree, she didn't need to bite you, but there was no need for you to kick her either!" she snapped at the paint.

The filly stepped closer to Neoma. That immediately set the mare off. She could see that the filly was inspecting her injuries, but the fact that she'd come closer without Neoma's welcome made the roan angry. She reared up a little, splashing down in the water again and stepping back, warning the filly to keep her distance.

She listened as the filly described her home - her kingdom, apparently - like the horses that lived there, the ones that had strange connections with this land, and how they had the abilities that could help heal Neoma. The roan was incredulous; did she speak the truth? It wasn't like it mattered though; the wounds were shallow, and would heal within a week if not two. Why was this filly speaking of the healing properties of her home when she could probably tell that Neoma's wounds were not that serious?

Just like the stallion; she was trying to entice her, giving promises that, for all Neoma knew, were not true. She took note of the mare's tone of voice; it seemed like she wasn't as concerned with recruiting Neoma as she was preventing the paint stallion from taking her to wherever he lived.

"Magical abilities my left hoof, for all I know, you are spouting lies, designed to keep me from going anywhere else but your home. What if the stallion has more to offer, and you are downplaying his kingdom so he will not try anything else?" she asked.

She glanced to the paint, "What the hell can you offer me anyways?"

@[Jedi]
    @[Celeana]

The roan mare snapped at Jedi, he was defending himself, and he didn't even kick her but none the less she got to the best of him. The Jungles mare moved closer to the roan, who certainly did not like that she reared up into the air sending off a warning to the other. His thoughts were correct, its not that she didn't like mares, its that she was un-trusting of all. The roan reminded him of Raxa she was standoffish and took some time to come around.

She spat out towards the spotted mare, not trusting a word she said, curious if she was spitting lies to deter her from Jedis kingdom. She turned back to Jedi asking what else he had to offer, with a cough to clear his throat he looked back at the roan My kingdom did have waters that could heal you, but our magical powers were drained like all the other kingdoms. Now that our powers are gone we are really just like all the rest, you can make a spot for yourself, nothing will be given to you. You will work hard for your position, and will only receive what you earn. he had nothing more to offer the mare, the Falls and the Jungle were not the only kingdoms, all equines were free to choose there own path, and thats exactly what Jedi believes in. He was a humble stallion who wanted to help others, but they had to make there own path in life.

JEDI

THE JOURNEY IS YOURS.

image © Lisa Dijk

@[Neoma]
    @[Celeana]

⍢Celeana⍢

Okay, now she's pissed off. She showed the smallest little spark of sympathy for the mare, for her injuries. She offered properties to heal her at a quicker rate than the stallion could offer but, this ungrateful bitch can't seem to get the picture. Her teeth grind with aggression and her nostrils flare in a hostile manner. She's done with speaking to this bitch.

Celeana is stronger and has the advantage, her jaw gripped tightly as she continues to grind her teeth, enraged. Who does this fucking ungrateful bitch think she is? That she has the authority to question any word that spills from Celeana's mouth? Hell no. This bitch needs to learn her place, and it's definitely lower than her. 

She remains silent. Inhale, exhale. Still silent. Inhale, exhale. Her body becomes less tense after multiple deep breaths to hold down her anger. Calmly she states, "Perhaps my Khaleesi can show you her ability. She has the ability to control carbon." She keeps her cool ,a smile returning to her lips. "There are many that are gifted, if you think it's lies I speak just take a glance around." Celeana searches the field, her eyes linger upon few equine gifted with such abilities as flight(wings), a horn, brightly colored limbs/bodies. They are all representations of the truth that she speaks of.

"His kingdom doesn't lack anything that mine does. Only men that is." She adds, inhaling and exhaling to receive her anger once more. "Although I would love to waste all the time in the world talking to both of you. I am needed in my kingdom. So would you mind making a choice?" She states with a slight hint of annoyance, she would prefer to be within the bounds of the Jungle instead of standing here all day in the soon to be harsh weather.

Ass-Kicker Of Men

@[Jedi] @[Neoma]
    She's not too patient.
    The painted stallion spoke first, though Neoma could tell the filly wanted to say something before he could. She narrowed her eyes before looking back to him, listening to what he had to say about his home. She didn't know what this place was really like, or if he was telling the truth, but a place where horses had to work to earn their place? Neoma knew nothing besides that; she'd always had to work to earn her own place in the world. If she even had one... if any horse like her had one...

Once he was done, Neoma's gaze shifted to the filly. She could tell the filly was getting more enraged with each second that passed, and Neoma resisted the urge to strike out at her. Why was she getting so angry? Neoma wanted to know about both places, to decide which one would be better suited for her.

The filly calmed herself before speaking of her friend again. Neoma watched her eyes drift over the other horses in the Field, so, for a moment, but still alert of the stallion and filly, she did the same. She could see that other horses looked different - very different - but not anything incredibly well from this distance. Neoma thought she spotted a horse with wings, but couldn't be entirely sure.

Whatever the case, the filly continued to speak. The only thing different between the kingdoms was that the filly came from one that didn't have any stallions. Neoma figured she wasn't implying that one gender was better, but a place where one gender was superior to the other? If there was one thing Neoma hated, it was one gender trying to proclaim themselves over the other, as if they were better. Herds, kingdoms, whatever, deserved to be equal.

She immediately knew her decision.

Neoma stepped away from the filly, turning her back on the stallion as she did so. She wasn't really standing near either of them, but moreso closer to the stallion than the filly.

"I am sure you are not implying mares are better than stallions, but a kingdom or whatever where only one gender precedes, as if they are better? I would never call a place like that my home, so I'd prefer it if you leave," Neoma stated, stomping a hoof, emphasizing that the filly needed to leave.

@[Jedi] @[Celeana]