• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hello darkness, my old friend. || keeper
    silence, like a cancer grows

She is unlike anyone he has ever seen; her eyes have endless depth and her skin is painted the very same lustrous, shimmering gold of wavering wheat on a warm summers' day. His breath is caught in his throat, and for a long moment, time stands still, trapped as the gears of his shifting mind begin to churn. 

Speechless, he feels immensely small beneath her heavy gaze - it is not often that he feels that someone can see through him, and in those quiet moments, he feels as if there is little between his flesh and his heart. He is exposed, though cloaked by tissue and muscle, and somehow she strips away the security of his bone structure with one simple stare.

Finally, he voices his voice to break the thick air once more. "I might as well be," He says rather lamely, a faint uptick of a humorless smile pulling at his whiskered lips. "wayward and aimless as I am." He shifts and allows his dark brown eyes to fall to the ground, which remains moist beneath the weight of his dull hooves. Gently, he sifts the damp dirt beneath, uneasy in the way he can feel her watching him still. He glances then to the left, and once to the right, but finds solitude has sought them out.

Something grips at his very existence, harnessing his wildly beating heart and rooting his weary legs to where they each stand. Loneliness often plagued him, and the soft treble of her voice and warmth of her breath reminds him of what he has left behind, of what he does not and cannot deserve to keep. Finally, he draws his curious gaze to hers once more, observing their depths and wondering how deep her soul is buried within. "My name is Argo - what is yours?"

ARGO
    the fragile ice prince.

Messages In This Thread
    hello darkness, my old friend. || keeper - by Argo - 07-20-2016, 04:51 AM
    RE: hello darkness, my old friend. || keeper - by Argo - 07-31-2016, 09:42 PM