• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm in bed with his bowtie on {Chem}
    HARLEY QUINN
    There it was, the adorable little mouse with the crooked tail. The critter must've lived somewhere very nearby, since he had well worn paths through the tall grasses and frequently came to drink from the same tiny puddle that never seemed to disappear. Harley came to watch him occasionally when she was bored, and the tiny grey creature accepted her presence but rarely acknowledged it. Perhaps he was blind? Deaf? Probably not blind, not with paths carved out so well. Whatever, didn't matter.

Something today though was different, he walked up to his puddle as usual, but before drinking he stared at the large mare for a rather long time, whiskers twitching here and there but otherwise no motion could be detected aside from his rapid breathing. Harley, out of curiosity, reached out with her muzzle to smell the mouse. It bit her. She went to stomp it, and missed, only managing to clip off half of its tail with her sharp hoof. The mouse was long gone, it's tail still in front of Harley in the dirt. "Hmph."

And with that, the mare left her secluded puddle in search of something more interesting. Harley's appearance in itself made her interesting to the average passerby. Her dark brown coat was splattered with a red and black diamond pattern on her haunches, and her daggers were red as well as a few streaks throughout her mane and tail. To Harley, this was just how she was born, but others often gawked at her or commented on her beauty. And, as often as the fae would complain about it, she loved the attention, putting great care into keeping herself clean and beautiful.

Today being no more exciting than the last, the mare settled for wandering around aimlessly in search of adventure. The field had proved useless recently, filled mostly with pathetic loners. Today was a turn for the meadow. The grass was tall, brushing against her legs and snagging gently on her tail. No matter. She moved into a trot, head held high and looking for someone worthy of her conversation. It wasn't long before a stallion caught her eye, and she shifted slightly in his direction. About 30 yards away though, she stopped, and simply stared at the beast waiting for his reaction, doing nothing more than shaking her head to get her forelock out of her eyes.
    All Dressed Up For A Hit And Run

The heat seems so inescapable outside of the Village, he ponders to himself as he picks a spot to crop the fertile grass-pods. The sun beats miserably on the slate of onyx that is most of his coat. He soaks in the heat like a sunning lizard. Unpleasant, to say the least. He is used to the swift winds and cooler temperatures of the Village. It is between the Tundra and the Chamber, serving well for climate in general. Hardly any bugs, which is nice, and much different than here. His tail slashes violently and every two minutes he's snapping at his constantly twitching hide. The grasses  that grow abundantly here are worth it and usually Chem comes away with some sort of social interaction, and that's always fun. So he will happily take a few bites to gather up delicious seed heads and fat juicy hunks of meadow-grass before heading back home in the cover of moonlight and stars.

His peripheries see a stir on the next knoll over and he immediately perks upright, head and ears straightening out. The brown blur morphs into a detail portrait of a chocolate woman, crimson streaks littering her dancing hair, her edges are sharp against the emerald sea of verdure that surrounds her. He snorts to he when their eyes meetr, watching carefully and then stepping forward, head bobbing few times. “Well hello.” His voice chipper, lifting across the open grasses with a gentle flow. He takes only one step closer, lowering his posture. His tail swishes away behind him and his teal stare remains steadily on her. “Name's Chem.” He grins wittingly, “And what might I call you, lass?” The sound of a coming wind gust sweeps through after he speaks. The air shifts suddenly – the winds may be bringing in a storm, he thinks to himself. There is a damp  chill and the bugs have dissipated a little. The faint smell of rain melts into the vicinity. The storm is many miles off, but the gales still blow it's evidence this far. He imagines the Village is being poured on right about now. And here in the meadow only humidity and a slight breeze. Internally he starts to yearn for the walk home. Perhaps I could convince this woman to follow me down the path for a wee visit, aye?

chemdog
    astra inclinant, sed non obligant.

@[Harley Quinn]

<33
    HARLEY QUINN
    He was gorgeous, that's for sure.

Harley broke eye contact first, running her orbs over every inch of him that she could from where she was, following his outline as well as the outline of the white splash on his chest against his ebony coat. Drying spit marks indicated his irritation with the insects. Why would he bite at that gorgeous frame? she pondered, but didn't give it too much thought before he took a couple steps forward and spoke. Introductions. A useless formality in Harley's opinion, not that many deeply cared about what went on within her mind.

Deciding in her mind that he probably wouldn't close the rest of the distance between them, the mare daintily stepped over to him, tail slightly raised as she did. Stopping close enough to reach him, she stretched out as if to sniff his nose before swiftly ducking her nose to gift him a light bop on the chin. "My name's Harley Quinn, but most everyone just calls me Harley. Or Quinn. Or really whatever, I'll answer to most anything." She gazed into his eyes once more, oh how wonderful they were, so bright they felt as if they pierced straight through to her soul. Harley knew her eyes were rather drab in comparison, but they would have to suffice. Every other aspect of her was practically perfect after all.

After a few moments, she piped in again, "I'm assuming you have a colder home, just judging by the drool marks on your chest (she slightly nods towards them) you aren't used to the bugs." With that she throws him a slightly crooked smile. "I save biting for my enemies. Waste of energy to bite myself."
    All Dressed Up For A Hit And Run