• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

COME FORTH KIDDIES
    magic comes and magic goes
    (bippity boppity bippity boppity)
    who knows if it's big or how it grows
    but one thing you'll soon find
    It will be in sight and not just mind
    (BIPPITY BOPPITY BOO BOO!)

Before your kingdom comes a tablet - appearing via magic. It's clear that its origin is with the fairies, who can trespass so easily on your sacred land? Who could do so without being seen or caught?
    The tablet reads as such -

MAGIC NEEDS ROOTS
    YOU HAVE ONE (REAL LIFE) WEEK TO DECIDE YOURS

(ooc - basically each kingdom gets one magical entity, like the Dazzling Waterfall's healing river, or the Amazon's tattoos. Because some kingdoms have none we're opening this to each kingdom to chose their own, in case they'd like to change it. This will be permanent. Forever. You're setting the foundation for the future of your kingdom!)
    So my thought for the Dale was that each member could have their own guardian spirit of sorts, granted to them when they swear loyalty to the Dale (or however we would want to work it). It could be an animal spirit of their choosing that would manifest itself when the horse is in danger. I don't know if that is a bit too much, but I thought it would something kind of cool and unique. We could play with and adjust the idea of course.
    i like the idea of spirit animals!

what if they're non-corporeal except to the horse that has them and then in cases of mortal danger? they could be part of the horse's soul that the Dale magic makes visible, so they could really be any type of animal. They could be used to send messages too and other things Smile
    Yes! That sounds awesome!

I was also thinking some more about the source as well, and what if the source of this was something along the lines of a 'Well of Souls' or 'Spring of Souls'. It would be a natural spring that, once a horse joins and swears loyalty (or something of the sort), they could drink from this spring. Basically, it's a spring that, when a horse drinks from it, shows them their own soul and that is how their spirit animal is recognized/realized.
    Spirit animals sound pretty cool! Incorporating that, I think the source/nexus of power should be on a mountain. Like, once a horse joins they have to make the trek up the mountain (kind of like the Native American spirit quest?) and drink from a spring at the top. Then their animal would be given to them? I've always thought of the mountains as being the Dale's 'protectors' (since they're basically a natural barrier anyway) it'd be cool for them to actively do more!
    magic comes and magic goes
    who knows if it's big or how it grows
    but one thing you'll soon find
    It will be in sight and not just in mind
    (BIPPITY BOPPITY BOO BOO!)

The fairies have heard your chatter and wish to clarify. The tablet has changed with a faint pop, and new words are now emerging -

MAGIC NEEDS ROOTS
    YOU HAVE TWO (REAL LIFE) DAYS LEFT TO DECIDE YOURS

You wish to see your souls? A noble request, one that might be granted by sipping from the proper magical pool. Protection and companionship in the form of a incorporeal animal companion – sounds quite lovely to us.

Whomever you have chosen as your leader will have the final decision if you do not come to a consensus in time.
    I agree to the ideas mentioned above... So Tiphon is all for having a spring in the mountains where one must travel to receive a spirit animal