• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The light that shines so bright - Chemdog

The light that shines so bright

Tears threaten to roll down her cheeks and the look upon her features is one of pure terror. She had absolutely no clue of where she was, other than the fact that she was lost. Lost. She was lost. And the thought frightened her extremely. All Gyps had wanted was to visit the playground again, to perhaps meet Sin Killer again, or make some new friends. But there wasn’t a single thing that that looked familiar to her as she stood in the middle of a big field.

The first time it had been fairly easy for the black and blue winged girl to find her way to the playground. Fairies had showed her the way, they had invited her to come and play. The way back home had been just as easy. But this time she must’ve lost the way, take a different trail or just wander in the wrong direction completely. Although her home mainly existed of flowing plains, it was clearly not this plain. It wasn’t as gold as her the plains at home and it smelled different too.

Her heart beats fast as she looks around, panic clearly visible in her watery eyes. She whinnies loudly, for the nth time. She sounds shrill and high-pitched, expressing her distressed state. Gyps could only hope that her parents would hear her and that they would come to find her, because she herself didn’t know how to go back home anymore. Utterly lost. ”I’m lost..” she mumbles softly. The acknowledgement of her situation only causes her to lose the last part of her composure and she starts sobbing, allowing the tears to freely run down her cheeks.

Gyps

Phaedrus x Besra

@[Chemdog]

Just moving through on his way home – this time he's minding his own business. He's literally just walking along when she almost tumbles into his lap like a treat. He sees her before she sees him. Her wild eyes big and scared, wet with terror. He can smell her fright and it makes him lick his lips, this goes without notice from him, it is a primal piece of himself he cannot subdue or control.

She's young. A little too young. She looks just shy of a year. The perfect age to whisk away, to introduce to the fields and coast and burning mountains of his home. To thicken her skin and wisen her brain – maybe even train her in the ways of violence if she likes that sort of stuff.

He decides now that he'll approach her. Take her way from here and make her better than anyone else could make her. He steps closer, a low rumbling nicker, a fluttering of his black nostrils. He sucks in a breath just before he's about to say hello. She smells like Archam.

Even better.

Surely you remember how it is you got here, right little bird?” He chuckles at and moves to stand at her side. He looks even more mammoth than usual next to her tender young body. He looks out over the horizon and then back to her. “Do not fret lass, I'll help you.” He grins to her, leaning down to put his head at her level. “What's your name?” His forelock tumbles to one side, revealing his bright teal eye to blink calmly at her while he awaits and answer.

chemdog
    astra inclinant, sed non obligant.

@[Gyps]

She had yet to learn of her fate, of the trade that her mother had mate. Her firstborn daughter in exchange for her freedom. The freedom that her mother had gained from that trade, would take away Gyps’ once she would turn two. If she had known of her future she probably gladly would’ve taken the chance that was now offered to her, but instead the young girl only desires to go home. To go back to the Golden Plains where her parents – Phaedrus and Besra – are. Gyps longs for them, to safely hide underneath her father’s black wing and to have her mother’s gentle nose calming her nerves. But they aren’t here to comfort her, and instead a black and white stallion is.

She hiccups as she looks up at him, eyes sparking because of the tears and fear clearly evident. It was her first time meeting another male, the only males in her life were her father Phaedrus and her sibling Wolfish, who was of the same age as she was. Then there was Sin Killer too, but a young colt couldn’t be compared to a man. Gyps swallows the dry lump in her throat as she looks up to him. To her it seemed like he had come out of nowhere, suddenly so close since she hadn’t noticed him approaching. It causes her to step backwards, hesitant, while she shakes her head to say now.

”I… I don’t.. I really don’t..” she mumbles, casting her gaze down both due to the sudden shyness as well as the shame she feels right now. It had been stupid of her to wander off alone like this, without even telling her mother where she was going. Besra might nog even know that she had left the Plains, so how would she know that her daughter was missing and lost? The sole thought of that – and the realisation of how stupid she had been – causes a new set of sobs.

His words surprise her and just as quickly as her tears had come, they stop. Gyps had jerked her head up a little, to look at him. Had she really heard that right? Did he really say he would help her? ”Really? Would you really take me home?” she asks, voice hesitant and soft, but at the same time clearly more hopeful. She pulls her wings tighter against her body when his head lowers and she look at him from her eye level. ”Gyps” she answers, blinking a few times as she carefully studies his black and white face. ”And you? What’s your name?”

Gyps

Phaedrus x Besra

OOC: Do you want me to tag you? If so, I'll start doing that. But I would prefer it if you won't tag me, I really hate those annoying 'you've been tagged' messages  Angel

OOC2: Just to be clear.. Gyps doens't know of Archam yet, neither has she met him. She'll have to go to him when she turns 2. I want her to go home somehow, but I would love to find a way to have Chem involved in the drama with Archam. Gyps will be so angry when she learns she has been promised to another, to have her freedom taken away, and she'll start looking down on those non-traited. She'll give Archam a hard time, and maybe Chem could jump in there somewhere?

@[Chemdog]
    yeah he can definitely jump in anywhere to cause trouble for archam [;
    @[Gyps]

sorry for the slightly shitty post, i was away and wanted to get this done ;p

She's innocent. She's lost.

His eyes trail her every move, her every twitch. His ears scoop each sound of her breathing, the hiccups, the fidgeting feet or tail. “Gyps?” He grins. “What a lovely name, little lass. Mine's Chem.” He waits a moment, leaving the air blank after her question. He lets it sit for a minute or two before looking around and then back to her. “I do imagine I can, little. What is your home called?” He could navigate through Beqanna blind with three legs, so wherever she names, he'll know, though her smell rings no bells for him whatsoever.

chemdog
    astra inclinant, sed non obligant.

Oh god sorry i immediately forgot about you not wanting to be tagged! I do want to be tagged yes, just because sometimes i forget <33 sorry again for the tag.

She had yet to have the lesson to not trust strangers. If one of her parents would’ve warned her for the possible malice intentions of others, she probably would’ve been much more hesitant. Probably a bit too, because her child like mind would’ve sought the worst in everybody. That was what a child’s mind did, overthinking things without being able to see the difference with reality. But that wasn’t the case for Gyps. Thus far all the adults in her life had been safe and therefor she didn’t see a reason to not trust this stranger that so kindly wanted to help her.

The tears still linger in her eyes as she looks up at him and as he repeats her name she eagerly nods, confirming it. And like the child she was she’s flattered by his words and he effectively flusters her. Already forgotten about her tears and the reason for her being so upset and distressed she offers him a small smile. ”Chem?” This time it is her repeating after him, forming the sound the unfamiliar name with her own lips.

When he looks away she keeps looking up at him with high expectations, secretly praying that he would really be able to help her. The tears appear again, the sudden memory of the fact that she was indeed lost caused her to want to cry, but they don’t roll down her cheek like before. He takes too long, and a single one manages to escape, but then he says he can help her, that he can guide her home. ”The Golden Plains! Daddy and mommy lead the herd.” Like he would know who her parents were, but in her mind it sounded logical. In the silence that follows Gyps keeps looking at him, eyes twinkling with unshed tears and a hopeful glint.

Gyps

Phaedrus x Besra

PHAEDRUS
    He is currently running about doing his kingdom duties, with the lazy cat on his back. She had mentioned something about Gyps taking off on her own. As much as this turned his stomach he knew better then to chase after her, she would eventually need to learn to take care of herself. With that he grumbled to the cat that she needed to keep an eye on the child. But she shrugs and says something about losing track of her. At this he chokes and huffs out his frustration at the cat. She doesn’t seem to bothered though knowing just how much Phaedrus really liked her.
    Luckily he was already in the meadow, and as he was getting ready to shake the cat from his back and take to the air to search for his daughter he spots the unmistakable blue sheen that announced her presence. He can also see another, more imposing figure near her. His lips thin into a strained line and he glances back to his cat who jumps from her position to stalk closer to the duo. His wings unfurl though they remain close to his sides ready for a fight if it should become necessary. He had never met the male before, nor had he even heard of the creature. So as much as he would normally be polite to a stranger, with him so close to his daughter Phaedrus cannot do much but assume the worst and take precaution as such. He nickers out to Gyps, tension thick around him. Hello, I’m Phaedrus, He directs the comment to the male, and takes note of the scent on the larger male. He was a herd stallion from the scent of females that laced his essence, though he also notes the hint of sulfur and ash, immediately associating it with a volcano. Also, the fact that the other was indeed larger was startling. There were not many that matched him in size, but this one, along with the Tundra king appeared to be the only exceptions so far.

Even so none of this had any sense of intimidation. It almost had him thinking of the possibility of another alliance, one that was not forced, or restricting. Quite possibly this could prove to be of some good…. But those were details for later. Currently what he needed to do was find out just what the others intentions were with his daughter, and get her back to the safety of the herd. He turns to the girl reaching out his nostrils in greeting. Gyps, you alright? he takes her in, and checks to make sure that nothing had happened to her. Sheba on the other hand was sitting in front of the teal eyed horse with the stupidest grin on her face. Almost like she was itching to say something to him, but wouldn’t, just letting her skin crawl with the words that were bursting to come out.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

@[Chemdog]
    Nitika knew that Chemdog was a pervert, but trying to take a yearling filly that was clearly lost, frightened, and just wanted to return home? Yeah, that was hitting on a whole new level. The paint mare had been minding her own business that day, heading off to the more neutral areas of Beqanna to get away from the busy duties of the kingdom for a while. She'd been helping train her now yearling daughter, Siba, the ways of the warrior, along with having her live in the Chamber with Nitika and Nymphetamine so she could spend time with both parents. Nitika did leave on occasion, just to return home to the Falls and check in on things, but then would return to the Chamber to be with her daughter.

That day, she'd left Siba in the company of her sire, or Siba herself if Nymphetamine had to head off and attend to other business. Nitika just wanted some time to herself today, get back out and enjoy the beauty the meadow had to offer her.

She just didn't expect to run into this. While wandering among the grass, searching for a good grazing spot, the painted mare had overhead a couple of voices. She had walked on over to check things out, seeing three horses, two adults and a yearling. One stallion, and the yearling, she did not know, but the other one, easily identifiable. She hadn't met Chemdog personally, but had heard things of him from her friend Anahi's herd stallion, Archam. According to rumors, he was quite a hoarder of mares, and while he defended them from other stallions so they wouldn't be stolen, he was also a fan of regular 'activities' with them.

No doubt he wanted to take this yearling away and do that when she was grown. However, it seemed this other stallion Nitika didn't know was rather defensive of her. If Nitika didn't know better, she bet that the unfamiliar stallion and the yearling were related.

Walking over, tail flicking back and forth in agitation, Nitika spoke up, looking at Chemdog with a harsh look in her eyes, "And here I thought I'd seen it all. Really Chemdog? A yearling? Don't you have enough hoarded mares waiting for you back home? Go play with them and leave her alone," Nitika quipped, stomping a hoof.

OOC: I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in. If you want me to delete my post, I will. Nitika has heard of Chemdog though, so I thought adding another horse, one who doesn't like him, might put an interesting spin on this.

The faint glow of the stallion's hair gave him away at his approach. He hadn't time to answer the child when the winged draft came forward. It was obvious they were related and a little deducing gives away his paternal role. Chem nods politely and steps back, relaxing his body. He bends to examine the creature staring up at him, his tail tossing with quizzical twitches, huffing and sniffing at the thing with a small bit of caution. He's never seen such a critter in all his life, but it surely seemed quite interesting.

Where do you hail from, little shit? The thoughts bubble up in his mind as he looks down at it, but nothing comes aloud.

I'm Chem, of Volcanic Village, I was just about to – ”  Suddenly his gritty voice is cut short by a much sharper, higher one. Chem's ears flip up and then just as quickly lay flat against the mess of black hair across his poll. He resists the words that press harshly against the back of his lips and instead averts his gaze to Phaedrus. Is she with him?

Who.. in the fuck are you, lass?” He re-positions his body to stop from leaning backward, away from her aggression and instead straightens out and makes a half step forward, careful not to press the space between him and the other stallion. He's never seen her in his life...and what's more, is her assumption that he's been busy trying to seduce a child.

His mind goes to Vessel and her family.
    Obviously the information stems from his affair with his young bay lover.

Let them mention such a thing. I'll defend that. I will defend us. Let them mention us, ever, and they'll never fucking do it again. His mind turns and drifts back, away from thoughts of Vess and her body. But oh. That body. He struggles to focus for a second, but manages to. Waiting for the woman to announce her point and maybe her name, or just how she knows his.

c h e m d o g

in absentia luci, tenebrae vincunt

D: I TAGGED YOU AGAIN AND IM SO SORRY!!! <33 it's habit and i am sorry beh

No problem at all, the more the merrier ^^
    "My name is of no concern to you, you stallion. You just need to leave this filly alone so that she can return home where she belongs," Nitika stated, flicking her tail and stomping one of her hooves, displaying her displeasure with the bird-spotted stallion's presence.

"If you must know, I come from your former home, the Falls. I'd heard of you there, and frankly, I find it displeasing that I ran into you. I was quite glad when you took your herd and left, it's been very peaceful without you there."

Nitika turned to look at the filly and the other stallion. She didn't recognize him, but something told her she should. The filly looked a little like a mare that had been living with Archam's herd a long time back. That would also explain why she smelled a little like him; she probably got it off of her dam.

Even before the black and white stallion can reply and make known if he has heard about her home or not, her father finds his way to her. Instantly the last few tears roll down her cheeks as a wide smile spreads upon her lips. ”Papa!” she exclaims loudly. She forgets about Chem, completely, and instead snuggles up to her father’s side. Her own wings brushing his as she forces herself underneath his wing. It is only then that she turns to look at Chemdog again, the bright smile pulling on the corners of her lips.

She doesn’t get the chance to speak to him, her father introduces himself and then she has Phaedrus’ attention all to herself again. Eagerly Gyps reaches out towards him, answering his greeting before pulling back to look at him. ”I’m okay.” Nodding she confirms that she’s indeed alright. However, with her emotions still high she couldn’t really say that she was totally fine. ”I.. I got lost. I wanted to go to the playground, but ended up here.. Chem found me and offered to bring me home!”

The unknown female that appears and decides to jump into their conversation completely claims that Chem had other intentions. Her way of doing things and expressing herself – harsh words and stomping hooves – scares Gyps and without really noticing it the black and blue filly presses herself closer against Phaedrus side. ”He.. He was only hel..helping me..” she manages to softly stutter out her protest, not liking it that this strange mare ‘attacked’ her saviour in such way, yet at the same time she felt intimidated by her.

Gyps

Phaedrus x Besra

@[Chemdog]
    @[Phaedrus]
    @[Nitika]

I think a posting order will help to keep the things orginized?