• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm obscene; any

The bats have left the bell tower

The victims have been bled

I am alone.

I've only existed for a few months in the large world but I am not scared nor would I really know if I were. My slick black coat melts against the shadows of the tall, dying grasses. The wet dew of early morning is absorbed into my young and thirst skin as I walk. My mother, Shadowmere is roaming further ahead. She has not left my side since my birth and even after I am full of her milk and have moved on to the starchy grasses.

At times I am annoyed that she is near me bu at other times I enjoy her doting, ever careful and attentive. My small lips wriggle to a curled smile.

When my maneless dam has occupied herself with other equines, I take this time to shift, vaporizing to a silvery mist. I am trembling, weightless, perfect. My undead eyes see the blend of spirits that roam between the living. Some a shrieking and some are carrying on conversations. I am fascinated by the dead ever since I have discovered my will over my  ghost shifting ability. I am able to see and talk to them. Some times I ignore them just to watch their skin melt and their decay. It always depends on my mood.

And sometimes, Oste, the dead girl who fueled my birth, bothers me, whispering. I purse my lips and blow her away with a twisted smile. As I drift along, I flow over the bodies of other horses...they shiver in their sleep as my chill is reached to their bones before I take form again as the wet black filly that I am. Other times I take on a form of a shadow, invisible.

But now-

Now I am myself. 

Young.
    Supple.
    Haunted.

graveside