• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL HERD [MANDITORY]
    Exclamation 
    PHAEDRUS
    Its time…. He’s tense at first not sure what to make of the whole thing. Not sure how to start, or what to do. Then again there was no point to worrying about such things if indeed he was intending on saying anything… especially when no one was present to hear it. So this is where he starts, first he calls for New Romantics, but then when he realizes how long it would take by calling each individual name, he changes his approach and trumpets a call through the land announcing his presence, and hoping that they would all show up, including Josie.

As each come out of the woodwork, and each make themselves known near the creek he stands the large willow draping curtains around their group. He takes a deep breath before letting it out. Uncertainty wreaking havoc in his mind. This would be a new thing for him. And new was never a good thing, he didn’t know what to expect, he had never addressed a group before in his life, never had he any experience asserting leadership. No this was all new, and with a so much confidence, with such a need to be certain before he spoke, even in normal conversation, this was unfamiliar territory. He shifts letting the introductions, and occasional hello’s, the foals to calm themselves, and for them all to become comfortable with one another before he begins.

His first words are tense with nerves, maybe a little higher than his normal droning voice. Thank you all for coming He swallows cotton, as his tongue is to thick, and his throat to dry. I called for this meeting for several reasons, the first one being about Josie. He turns his gaze to the filly he had come to know as his daughter. Are you wanting to join a kingdom? Or herd? I am sure that you are ready to begin this decision. He waits for them to start talking, when this part of the discussion dies down, and things are finally decided he continues, as each of you come to decide what it is you desire to do, come and let me know, we will work to get you where you want to go when the time comes. He smiles gently at them, slowly easing into the role he had chosen when he had decided to take up the herd. Again he waits seeing if there were any questions, or curious minds working right then. Also if the adults want to join a kingdom I do encourage that as well.
    Secondly, our herd is growing larger, and because of that I am not able to spend nearly as much time regardless of what is going on because of this. While this is a pleasing situation for the Dale, I am sure that the scattered small talk is not nearly enough for each individual present. Josie being such proof, that she is beyond the age that I had intended on helping her learn her way about the world. If another Alpha is present, she can assist in this area, along with finding decent herds to make alliances with to provide good and safe homes for the young that will eventually leave this land. This will provide safety for this herd, but also safety for the others as well, giving our young a chance at a safe place should they choose that lifestyle. Also the Dale has several alliances and possibly expanding their alliances as well, so kingdom choice is not limited either.  Also if the Alpha female is able to, she can call you all together to enjoy each other’s company. I want you all to feel comfortable with one another, and able to not have to live in solitude. After all we are all a family here. For these reasons I have been watching over the past years, looking for one that would have enough passion, time, compassion, initiative, and wise thinking to perform these tasks. It’s a heavy load, and one that I don’t want to put on one without careful consideration first. Thus far, Besra has displayed all of these things, and if the rest of you are in agreement I believe that she would be well suited to be entrusted with the care of the herd when I am off on kingdom duties, or otherwise indisposed. As I must confess I cannot keep up with everything all the time.
    Again he stops, sweat beading on his coat, this was the second time he had been required to speak so much, but it was all necessary and not something that he would begrudge doing. Just he was grateful for the momentary break, waiting for reactions, listening as others gave their input, wondering if there was anyone else that would like to take up the position. Hoping that this would not cause contention within the group. After a decision is arrived on he takes a breath and steps towards the foals reaching out his face to playfully nip and engage them. He includes Josie in this fun, regardless of her age, because he still saw her as his daughter. The bobcat in the trees joins them pouncing next to the nearest foal only to mewl her approval of playtime. She crouches her tail swatting at the grasses and she bats her soft paw towards Josie reminding her that even if she was larger now she was still the same little filly that would curl herself up into the spirit animal.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

@[Besra]
    @[New Romantics]
    @[Vakarian]
    @[Zaravich]
    @[Gyps]
    the words she knows the tune she hums

Zaravich was off by herself on this particular day, she did not desire the conversation of the others who all gave birth this season. Zaravich was unfortunate and gave birth to a stillborn, still in shock from the experience she remained rather distant from the herd, that is until she heard Phaedrus call for her. Her ears perked in the direction of his voice, and she slowly made her way over to him. She took her time as she heard him call the other mares as well, a group meeting, does that mean they would all bring there foals?

She gave a snort pushing her animosity from her mind, eventually she wound up before Phaedrus and a few of the other herd mares who have gathered. Once all the mares gathered, to include her daughter Josie. Zara gave a charming smile to Phaedrus as she passed him, finding a spot with the others. Phaedrus than began to explain why he called them. His first discussion was for Josie, what she wanted to do as she grew older and was eager to leave the Dale. She was curious to her daughters decision, gazing at her interested in her reply.

The next discussion was more serious, as he gave the details for why he called the meeting Zara could only imagine he was going to crown a lead mare, and sure enough he was. He stated that he chose Besra to assist him with caring for the herd, she gave a humble smile and looked to her blue friend. Besra was certainly a wonderful mare, and if anyone was going to lead the herd she was glad that it was Besra. She gently swayed her tail, Phaedrus ran around to play a game with his foals, to include Josie. She gave a smile and moved forward to find Besra. Congratulations Besra she smiled humbly, extending her neck to gently nuzzle her shoulder.

Zaravich
    the tiny dancer

Josie was just about to cross over the Golden Plains borders, off to explore the Beqana lands when she heard Phaedrus call out her name, to include the others in the kingdom. She lowered her ears and gave a snort awhh mann she mumbled to herself, as she turned around to see what it was Phaedrus called the herd to a meeting for. Raising her ears back up to appear proper in front of the herd, her mother was already there along with a few of the mares that she had never met. She gave a smile and made her way over to her mother and looked over to Phaedrus awaiting the arrival of the remaining equines.

Once everyone arrived he began to discuss the reasons for the meeting, he started off by asking Josie what she wanted to do. To her shock, he must be aware that she was exploring the lands more often. She took a few moments, contemplating what she should say to him. She stepped forward to speak I thought long and hard about this, I truly thought I should go to a herd, but I dont want to just be another herd mare. she paused to scan the mares, who were herd mares before returning her gaze to Phaedrus. I think I would prefer a busy kingdom, one that I can make friends, and stay busy in she gave a nod and stepped back to her place, she was bold and refused to look to the other mares, afraid they would be judging her.

He acknowledge her and moved onto the next task, he wanted to name a lead mare. This was an interesting topic seeming he had a foal with almost every mare here. She intently stared curious to who he chose, Besra he announced. She imagined as much, he seemed most interested in Besra always discussing politics with her. Another reason she did not want to be apart of a herd, the fact that one stallion 'owned' multiple mares and than chose one to crown. She gave a small dip of acknowledgement, she knew that her mother was friends with Besra and probably would not have any disagreements with her being crowned.

He seemed rather uncomfortable with the whole situation and was quick to gladly play with the foals. This was one thing she always appreciated him for, he treated her like his daughter even though she was not by blood. He playfully nipped them and even included her causing her to laugh. She stepped back and allowing him to play with the foals, looking down to Sheba who pounced down from the tree she rested in. Playfully swatting her paw out to Josie, she gently nudged the feline dont forget about me when I leave she quickly whispered to her feline friend. Unlike these foals, she had no one to grow up with so Sheba was her best friend. Josie outgrew the cat in size, but at heart she will always remain her friend. She would have to return and visit just to see her Sheba.

Josie
    Like The Dancer Before Me

The light that shines so bright

It was a gentle nudge against her shoulder that awoke her, not the loud call coming from her father. Like most of the time Gyps was close to her mother, Besra, who was the one that urged her to get up gently. She yawned and blinked her eyes a few times to get accustomed to the bright light. It was only then that Gyps looked up to the greyish and bluish mare beside her, offering her a tired smile before she clumsily pushed herself up from the ground. The first thing she did was diving underneath her mother’s stomach, searing for the udders to nourish herself. ”Where are we going?” she asks softly when Besra moves away, signalling her daughter that it was time to go.

Gyps had yet to meet the other children of the herd. She had made a friend, but he wasn’t from the Golden Plains. He had been alone and had invited her to come closer, to play, and playing was what they had done. The blue haired girl liked him and she felt comfortable playing with him. He was kind and fun and for a child that was enough reasoning to like somebody. It was different with her siblings. Her siblings had a pair, someone to play with, to lean on, to explore with. And she had no-one. She just found it a bit hard and scary to just approach two at once, feeling shy.

She arrives with her mother and the winged girl stays close to the equally blue haired mare. Her father was just like that, but his mane and tail were much darker than Besra’s. Gyps had his mane and her tail. His dark coat and wings and her white in her markings. Her high pitched whinny sounds as she calls him, greeting him, with a wide smile pulling on the corners of her lips. But although she wants nothing more than to nuzzle herself against Phaedrus’ side, she sticks close to Besra’s. Her eyes follow the movement of the other’s a bit hesitantly and even when her father starts speaking about things she doesn’t understand the winged girl sticks safely to her mother’s side.

Gyps

Phaedrus x Besra

@Calcifer: I hope you don’t mind the slight powerplay? If so I’ll change and edit things, but they somehow had to arrive there together, so I guess one of us would end up powerplaying anyway xD.

You were only waiting for this moment
    To be free

They gather when the weather starts to turn, everyone having ample time to let their foals figure out their new legs and explore the space around them. From the looks of it, Besra seems to have been outnumbered in the child department, but she can’t even begin to be upset because for her, all affection lies with Gyps. Her sleepy little girl is growing rapidly - much too fast for the roan mares liking, but she’s growing all the same. There’s only the soft feel of her nose on her daughter’s dark hide as the child finishes a quick breakfast, no time for sadness on this day. “To see your siblings, and talk about grown-up things.” The silver mare replies, making her way through the golden sheaves of swaying grass with Gyps at her heels.

She would never exclude the girl. Treating her like a baby would only turn her into an adult version of one, so every question Gyps asks, Besra does her best to answer. In truth, she’s not sure what Phaedrus is calling them all together for, but there’s an uncomfortable nagging in the back of her mind that tells her what it’s most likely about. It was difficult for her to think about how this meeting would turn. She’d only met Zara, and briefly at that, so the chances of something turning sour were she not diplomatic in her efforts are incredibly high. Feelings could be hurt and Besra wants only to be connected with her herd sisters, not torn apart from them.

They make their way quickly enough and before long, the blue-haired mare and her daughter are among the crowd, easing quietly into a spot near Zaravich and her daughter, Josie, who’s grown into quite the striking lady herself. Besra notes the absence of a youngling there, but keeps her mouth tightly closed, only offering the bump of her nose against the dark mare’s shoulder in a mild greeting. Phaedrus begins to speak and he and Josie determine her future, one that Besra highly approves and smiles broadly at when the girl chooses to serve a kingdom. She remembers her own choice to join a herd and knows that Josie will come to find exciting things in the wilds of Beqanna.

When Phaedrus’ conversation turns and suddenly ends with her, Besra finds herself rather uncomfortably thrust into the spotlight. It’s not until Zara physically touches her that the roan blinks, coming back to the present and turning with a quiet face to offer her thanks back to her herd member. She moves forward, turning to face the others with a kind eye and a solid stance. “I want this.” She begins, head turning slowly so that she can eye each of Phaedrus’ mares. “But not for glory. I want this so I can see us become closer, so that each of you never have to fear competition outside of these lands, or within them. There’s power in numbers and if we can join together, there’s no telling what we could accomplish.”

Her eyes flicker to where Phaedrus and the foals play, a low breeze sweeping past her legs to ruffle her tail. With a smile she turns back to the rest, proud of what they’ve all brought to life here. “I’ll need your help, your friendship too. Can I count on you all?” She asks, head tilting with the statement. Without them, she was nothing. Golden Plains would be nothing. She needed them as much as they needed her, and she would never forget it.

Besra

ooc: Totally fine Sapphire!
    V A K A R I A N
    i'd rather be a riot than indifferent
    She’s rather surprised when she hears Phaedrus’ voice ringing out across the little territory. Though she’s lived here in the Golden Plains for just over a year now, the black and blue stallion has yet to call all his mares together for a meeting. Well, there’s a first time for everything she supposes …

Nudging the twins along with her, she joins the group quickly, slipping in behind the other mares just in time to hear Phaedrus’ little speech. She doesn’t notice, focused as she is on what Phaedrus has to say, but little Steris hangs back, trying her best to hide herself behind her mother and her brother. The little dark filly tries to make herself as tiny as she possibly can.

Vakarian for her part, simply nods in agreement to what Phaedrus says. Well, the part that actually pertains to herself that is. She doesn’t pay much attention to what the stallion says to the little black filly - it has nothing to do with her after all. But what Phaedrus says about having an Alpha makes sense - since Phaedrus is so often busy with the Dale, it will be a good idea to have another horse in some position of leadership in the herd.

And as the for Alpha herself? Well, Vakarian doesn’t particularly have any designs on the position - she has enough on her hooves with keeping up with the twins. She doesn’t want to have to look after the entire herd as well. So, though she does not know this Besra, beyond having spotted her in the herd land on occassion, she has no issue whatsoever with her being named the Alpha mare. And luckily, the other mare that’s already here seems to have no feelings of opposition either.

As Besra steps forward to speak, Vakarian gives her a bright smile. “Of course.” She bobs her head politely. “I’m Vakarian by the way. Sorry I haven’t introduced myself to any of you yet - it’s been well, a long winter for me, and I’ve been rather busy as of late.” Grinning, she steps back to show the twins, only now noticing how Steris is cowering behind her brother. Strange behaviour for one so young - usually at that age they are silly, open and friendly. But she will not comment on it now. The girl seems nervous enough and she doesn’t want to make it any worse. Instead, she steps back in front of them, and she can hear Steris sigh quietly in relief. “Anyway, I’ll do my best to help when these two aren’t running me off my feet.”
    covet and azula's diamond armored daughter

New Romantics

She was graceful, elegant, and beautiful but, she was not social. She didn't mind most of the mares in Phaedrus's herd but, her solitude nature mixed with motherly hormones forced her to stray away from the others. 

When called upon she didn't dare to move, she knew Phaedrus was aware of her solitaire nature and wouldn't mind if she chose not to include herself in the herd gathering. But the girl did urge both of her children towards the gathering. Hushing a few words, "Your Father is expecting you. Now go on. I'll see you two later." She gently nipped both girls caressing over their different colored flowers in their mane, and shoving them off towards their father. She didn't want her girls to have a nature to be alone, she wanted them to be adventurous. She wanted them to be social, something their father was quite good at.

As she watched both children saunter towards the gathering in a playful manner, Roma couldn't help but feel proud of both her girls. Lobes flicking as she remained in the sea of high golden grasses. Watching from a distance, she was close enough to hear but far enough away top be unnoticed. That was until she heard Besra's name called, as Phaedrus proclaimed her lead/alpha mare. She didn't mind his choice, it was a wonderful choice the mare was social and cared for every equine in her herd. It was crystal clear that she was the prominent choice of the bunch. Even she could see that.

After words were said, Roma was happy to see that her girls were playing with the other youngsters of the herd. Bounding about and being little girls, adorable little girls. Roma couldn't find herself to come near, so she remained in the distance watching her children play with their father and the other youngsters of the herd.

Talk Less, Smile More. Don't Let Them Know What You're Against Or What You're For.

@[Phaedrus]
    PHAEDRUS
    Life is busy, that has never changed for him. As much as he wanted to remain anti-social, and simply the warrior in the background it seemed that life was slowly pushing him to the head of the same busy hubbub that he used to make snarky comments about others going about and uselessly performing. He didn’t realize it yet, but this would be the second of many speeches, and diplomatic serves for his kingdom, and herd. The Falls queen had been the first, each discussion had piled from one to the other. Each as necessary as the last. It wasn’t that all the talking was not profitable, because that it seemed to be in abundance. It was just that he wanted to stay in the background and be the quiet soul that never said a word.

The first to join him is Zaravich, and Josie. He smiles to them both in greeting. Then as each come out and greet each other, or in some cases stay behind their mother’s tail, he can’t help but notice Steris’ discomfort. Something else that he worries about. Josie mentions that she is making her own choice and this he respects; in acknowledgement he nods to her with a smile of pride. The talking continues and every so often he glances in Roma’s direction longing for her to join them, but he understands her desire for distance. Still he makes a mental note in the back of his mind to visit her again later after the foals have had their time. He can see the closeness they keep with their mothers, while some might take it as a bad sign, he took it as a way to see how good these mothers were. Finally, its finished, there was no disagreement, and no tension. The relief is visible in his muscles as he saunters down to the foal’s level. He nips gently at Gyps’ crest You’re it. He takes off at a trot spinning back around to see them all.

He still notices that even with the fun Steris stays next to her mother, and Wolfish remains protectively by Steris. He couldn’t be more proud of his son than in that moment, everything he could ever want to teach a boy was being shown in that moment. He turns attention back to the others Rustic chasing after him in that moment catches him just as he is about to turn around. She giggles nipping at his mane You’re it He smirks a glint of mischief in his eye before he takes after Clarisse.

However, its Sheba that takes care of the lonely ones, exactly as she was supposed to do. Or so he thought. She flips her ears back at Josie’s comment You will come visit us, or I’ll come out after you. She states it with an unmistakable edge of defiance in her voice. Then she takes note of Gyps. You know she reminds me of you at one point. She was referring to being alone, and scared, and in need of a friend. Nudging Josie to follow her and head towards the foal Sheba sits in front of Gyps with a cheesy grin. Even if there was a mare that would help with leading the herd, Sheba would still believe herself queen, and the center of all’s attention no matter the circumstances. Gyps, you should meet Josie. She flicks her tail back and forth with a deep throated purr, hoping that she could be the same friend to Gyps that she had been to Josie, and continue to be of course. Because there was no way that any of them were going to find another that could replace her.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must