• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Peace Offering- [Phaederus]
    Archam

The bay roan stallion made the travels from the Falls to the Dale, aware of the location Phaderus' herd resided. The travel was long, and on his way he knew that he was walking on thin ice, the conversation could turn into a battle from remaining anger of the opposing stallion. He left as soon as light was offered, the sun hidden from the winter clouds, all he had to go off was the light in the sky. He imagined it was now fully bloomed and high set as he could clearly see everything.  He passed the playground were the foals played with one another, regardless of the kingdom they belong to and soon enough the Dales scent ran through his nares.

Once he entered what he thought to be the golden plains he stood at the border, just inside. He took a deep breath from within allowing a whinny to echo around him, His calling bounced off from the trees around. He relaxed his body to show that he meant no harm and was only here on official business. He wanted to meet with Phaderus to give a peace offering, and perhaps in the end form an alliance of some sort. He knew there was still a fresh wound between the two in his recent decision to steal Besra, but hopeful that his early release of her mended some of the anger. His ears remained alert as he listened for the stag to approach.

Lead Stallion of Cobblestone Creek

@[Phaederus]
    @[Phaedrus]
    PHAEDRUS
    A growl errupts from his throat. This young buck must be a glutton for punishment. He could not respect a creature that not only didn't realize that no means no, or that stealing was a cowards way. Phaedrus knows if they were to battle who would be the victor. Taking a breath he begins to wade through the grasses calming his temper. They did after all have business to conduct. A thin line traces his lips.

Archan He grunts a greeting. His stance just as sturdy as it always is. He flicks his tail and eyes the stallion over for a minute. I hear that you are to receive my daughter. He wonders as to why the other came to his lands now. Yet Phaedrus would have come calling on the other sooner or later. But tell me, what stops me from denying you my daughter? Nothing The black and blue stallions knows that currently there is nothing to stop him from denying this beast anything.

Unless he was passified Phaedrus was very tempted to continue with his original plan. The allience would not benifit him nearly as much as it would Archan. In fact if he thought on it at all, there seemed to be nothing there that would give him reason to allow this to happen. Archan could not offer him nearly what Phaedrus had. Magic, strength, and heritage.

He already had all of that, he had Besra in the kingdoms borders, Archan could not touch her there. Nor would he be able to win if Phaedrus decided to battle and take any mares that the brute had currently. Unless the other had some hidden trinket up his sleeve, the winged beast didn't think that there was any reason for him to even acknowledge his existance. But for this small chance, he will hear out the other this once. If at any point he lost interest though, he would send the other flying out of his borders.

His eyes glare at the others hooves when he thinks of the border. Brashly he had crossed into his land without a second thought to respect. His patience was thin and he was expecting something good, or even better, something bloody.

i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must
    Archam

Archam patiently awaited the arrival of Phaedrus, they day grew cold as winter was fast approaching.After a few moments passed Archam could heard the arrival of Phaderus, he remained in a relaxed position having come with no threats. Phaedrus was quick to greet, and see what it was Archam wanted. He was clearly pissed off, and wanted nothing to do with Archam, at this point all Archam had was to offer and see if Phaderus would bite.

Good afternoon Phaedrus, I see the Besra told you of our deal, I come here today only to offer an Alliance he gazed over the stag taking a moment to gather this thoughts. I did not steal Besra with bad intentions, and release her fairly quickly after a deal was made, I can see you are mad still, rightfully He backed up allowing the stallion space, he knew what battles he should make. Besra offered me your first born daughter, and in return I want to offer one of mine, Sirana will be two next spring and I would like to offer her as an alliance. He paused reading over his body language I will respect your daughter with hopes you could do the same with mine, I will not attempt to steal your mares or challenge you for your lands, in return you would do the same. Again he watched the stallions body language, he was walking on thin ice and Phaedrus could attack at any moment. I'm sure you think my alliance is a waste, although I can promise you it would not be a mistake; what do you say? He cocked his head every so slightly to the left, truly curious to what the stallions decision will be.

PHAEDRUS
    Yes he was still upset by this stallion. But surely... he pauses for a moment thinking on the stallions words. For a passage of time he stands there sizing up the other tempting as it is... a nod flicks his mane into his eyes. And he responds. I can accept, on one condition, your daughter becomes a member of the Dale and makes an effort there to be of use, as well as binding herself to my herd. He cocks his head looking to the other wondering if this would cause a hesitation or for the other to withdraw his concent to the allience.

After this he relaxes, yes if this should work then the alliance could prove to be useful. The conversation seemed to be a quick one, something he was grateful for. And ok yea it could give the other points, even as he began to shuffle back across his border to the other side. Phaedrus visably relaxes at this. Maybe this idiot could prove himself eventually. As much as he was still slighted by the course of action he had taken with Besra, Phaedrus couldn't help but feel slightly less begrudging towards the man. He waits for the answer. after the terms were agreed on he continues,we can meet in the meadow to complete the exchange, in two years time. I warn you, if I find your daughter not compliant with the terms I will keep the right to take mine back. And I will keep yours for my troubles.

i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must
    Archam

His gaze was intent on the stallion, watching his every mood to prepare himself should a fight start between them. He followed the stallion as he sized him up, Archam wished to return the challenge but remained calm hopeful he would accept the alliance. His body remained relaxed but his gaze was set on Phaedrus, waiting for a response.

After a few moments of silence the stallion spoke, he agreed to the alliance but requested more to the terms. That his daughter be apart of the Dale as well as the Golden Plains, and if she did not he would take back his own daughter and keep Sirana. At this point his gaze narrowed, and he pondered the request. It would benefit Phaedrus regardless of the outcome, but Archam could lose everything. It took him a few minutes to think but in the end he agreed to the terms, he believe his daughter would ensure the alliance would remain. I agree to the terms, I think my daughter would enjoy being apart of a kingdom as well. he spoke truthfully, his daughters mother and himself were apart of the Falls kingdom, and Sirana would most likely pick up the trait of a hard worker.

Phaedrus than went on to say he would meet them in the meadow in two years times. He gave a dip of his head See you in two years. with the comment made he flicked his tail gently and turned around, picking up a lope he bounded back towards his own herd. It was a conversation that was to the point, short and to the point. An alliance was made, they would swap daughters and both there mares would remain protected.