• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all I want is one more chance to be young and wild and free; herds preferred
    All I want is one more chance to be young and wild and free
    Is he … shuffling his feet?

Her eyes drop to his hooves for a moment before returning to his face, suddenly feeling a little emboldened. That’s something she does when she’s feeling uncomfortable. She’d been right - he is nervous, he does feel awkward.

She eyes him properly this time, truly taking in the young stallion standing before her.

He’s … unimpressive. But there’s some comfort to her in that. He’s of average build and height, with a dusky dark coat, and an awkward, affable demeanour that makes her feel more at ease now that she’s recognized it. His eyes are quite different - a pretty silver colour that she’s never seen before, not in eyes anyhow. But on the whole he’s pretty unremarkable. Not aggressive, not arrogant, just … ordinary. The sort of ordinary that often gets overlooked. Much like Vi herself.

The sort of ordinary that Sette would never have overlooked.

The sort of ordinary that she will resolve to not overlook herself. After all, he’s not overlooking her now, and she’s as unremarkable as they come.

He awkwardly fumbles out an invitation to join his herd, and small giggle slips out, surprising her. It’s been so long since she last had anything to laugh about, and it’s simply so amusing to her for anyone to trip over themselves because of her of all creatures. “I … I think I’d like that Astray.” She’s surprised too at the sudden realization that she’s being truthful. The thought of joining his herd, having a new, quiet little home … does appeal. “Do you have any particular place in mind?”

Sorry for the wait!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all I want is one more chance to be young and wild and free; herds preferred - by Vi - 06-08-2016, 08:08 PM