• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am capable of anything, and everything, KRATOS
    so you wanna play with magic?
    He might not be shadow-bred, but she was. She was born of a crazed, dark stallion's tryst with a manipulative, slightly cruel mare he did not love. The result had been a small, illusionist filly with color changing eyes, who had immediately sensed that she could play those around her like so many instruments, turning the world into her own personal orchestra. And still they sing for her, although now she can make them sing ever so much more effectively. Now she can supplement where they are lacking. Now her magic can fill in where the pieces themselves fall out. It is who she is, what she is, everything she is – born to push the envelope, to question everything, to do what is shocking and surprising to so many others.

To know things, like the history of the stallion who stands before her.

She couldn’t care less that he looks over her with that kind of hunger that so many stallions have had when looking over so many mares. She's absolutely beautiful, and that's by design. Beauty is one of the easiest and most potent tools in her little conductor's arsenal. And already she can feel that he is intrigued. He stumbles as he congratulates her, naming the crown as his father's first, and she can't help but smile at that. It is a coy smile, almost (but not quite) innocent.

"The Deserts are as well as any kingdom in Beqanna." she answers him, her voice like honeyed velvet, sweet and rich. "You know how it is. It's all quieter than it was, once. No doubt the Tundra is the same." she pauses for a moment, a rich chuckle escaping her throat. "Very nice the way you handled your Mountain problem, by the way. You did the rest of Beqanna a favor." Not that he was particularly a threat to the Deserts; with two magicians in the kingdom itself, and the very secret tacit attachment that the Deserts now has to the Valley, there was little that could truly be said to threaten them. "Yael is well. She misses Vanquish, but the freedom that came with giving up the crown has been good for her. She serves Pevensie and myself well as an advisor."

She smiles at him then, her grin impish. "But surely you wouldn't have us talk politics all day." her voice is wry, teasing, perhaps even a hair seductive. "If I'd sought you out for that, I would've come to the Tundra. The cold up there means nothing to me." as though to prove her point, she raises her body temperature enough that she's actually emitting a little bit of heat. She takes a small step closer to him, putting them just close enough that it's a little bit closer than normally accepted social distance. He'll feel the warm radiance that flows off of her, but it won't burn him, not even close. "I sought you out because I think you and I have a lot in common. And I think you think so too." she smiles then, stepping back and dialing down the heat. "And I always enjoy making new friends. Don't you?"

Especially when they're powerful friends.
    CAMRYNN
    co-queen of the deserts, magical, mother of badassery

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am capable of anything, and everything, KRATOS - by Camrynn - 06-28-2015, 06:31 PM