• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Finally Ready
    Given that the kingdom's leaders had not responded to her call soon after bringing Nitika to the Falls, Anahi decided to let the mare have some time to recover on her own. She'd been by to check on the medicine hat mare every day to see how her progress was going. Nitika had seemed annoyed at first, but grew used to having a frequent visitor, at least from what Anahi could see. She didn't know exactly how Nitika felt; that mare was a puzzle.

Winter had set into the kingdom by the time the mare was fully healed. Her wounds hadn't been that severe to begin with, but enough so that she needed plenty of time to rest. With food having gotten scarce, it took longer than usual because she could not get the nutrients she needed to help her body heal. Anahi did what she could to help Nitika, but now, it seemed that the mare was back to her old independent self, for she frequently found Nitika drifting away from Cobblestone Creek, further into the kingdom's general territory where the herd stallions did not rule.

Seems she did really enjoy being alone. Either that, or she was used to it.

Nitika had given her consent to meeting the kingdom's leaders though, so that morning, Anahi sent out another call and asked for them to come. Once that was finished, the champagne mare headed back down to spot by the creek where she had left the medicine hat mare to her own devices.

When Anahi got back, she saw Nitika drinking from the river. She nickered as she approached, to get her friend's attention, "Are you sure that you're ready to meet them? You've only recently fully healed after all."

@[Nitika]
    @[Kreios]
    @[Ygritte]

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

The winter has been a light one, and I am grateful. Grazing is plentiful even in the woods, where the thick canopy has kept the snows off the ground. It is there that I am grazing when I hear the sound of Anahi’s voice. I raise my head quickly, but there is no urgency or panic in the summons, so I swallow the last bite I’d taken and begin a steady trot towards the sound of the call.

On the way, I look for Ygritte, knowing that Anahi had called her too. I clear a bend in the river and see the champagne mare standing beside a medicine hate that I’ve only ever seen from a distance. I had caught her scent in the kingdom a few times, but had not yet made the time to seek her out for an introduction. Now, it seems that Anahi has decided to take that initiative herself. I’m pleased, and know that Ygritte will be as well. She’ll make an excellent diplomat.

Once I’m within earshot, I let out quiet nicker of greeting before I approach the two mares. There is an easy smile on my face, as I say: “Good morning Anahi.” I then turn to the brightly marked mare with an equally friendly smile. “Hello there. I’m Kreios.”

i’m screaming the name of a foreigner’s god

image by connor obrien

OOC: sorry QHQueen1818, I totally missed the line where she’d called for them in the earlier thread! D:
    Hearing Anahi return from where she had called for the king and queen, - Kreios and Ygritte, if she remembered correctly - the mare lifted her head, swallowing the water she had in her mouth.

Nitika nodded at her friend, "I said I wanted to get it over with. They were just busy last time. I would've asked to meet them even while I was still wounded so I wouldn't have to worry about it now. I'll be glad when it's all over."

The mare lowered her head and continued to graze again, her white muzzle blending in with the light layer of snow as she pushed it aside to get at the grass. Just the fact that she was getting to eat in peace was already helping her mood improve. A definite sign was the fact that she considered Anahi a friend of hers, something that she would've never done for any other horse before this.

A gentle nicker reached her ears. Nitika's tapered head shot up, looking for the source, ears turned forward in both curiosity and wariness. She may have seemed excited, but only because she was trying to pinpoint who it was that had nickered. A stallion came into view, a white chestnut leopard appaloosa. Once again, Nitika bit back the urge to tell herself that he had an unusual coat. Seriously, was it so odd here? The fact that other horses were willing to accept her was strange enough.

Hopefully this horse didn't think that her markings were a bad omen. She didn't know how much more of that she could take.

The stallion greeted Anahi first. Obviously, since she was a member of the kingdom. He then turned and smiled at Nitika, introducing himself in a friendly manner. Nitika almost hesitated to answer, but the friendly smile just compelled her to answer the stallion.

Remembering the name, that this was the king who had arrived first, Nitika gave a light dip of her head to acknowledge him, "Hello Kreios. I'm Nitika."
    OOC: It's all right Kreios don't apologize. I should've done the smart thing and tagged you and Ygritte like I did here.