• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Fire Heart
    The young filly was only born a day ago, and was still working on learning the faster gates. Her fiery hair whipped about her small form as she looked around in the windy area. She tossed her head, wishing she could run with the other foals around her. She sighed with gusto, the shorter flames of her tail lazily brushing her rump. Then the world around her turned cruel, harsh, hateful towards her. Foals with the ability to move objects tossed heavy stones at her, cutting and bruising her new, soft flesh painfully. Then a rock caught her on the muzzle and she started falling, down and through the earth, being pressed, choked by the soil and rock as she is forced entirely underneath - doomed to die.

I twitched in the nightmare, trying to wake myself desperately, having the same nightmare yet again. I dreaded sleep, had a deep hatred for the stars and moons, for they signaled night time and thus being forced to lie down abd fall into slumber.

After many moments of terrifying darkness, I kicked awake to find a butterfly on my black hoof, basking in the late morning sunlight. "Hello." I murmured to it before it flew lazily away, dancing around flowers and other equine. I watched it all as I tried to remove the nightmare from my mind whilst it replayed itself relentlessly. I had been having that nightmare each time I tried to sleep. "Mom?" I called nervously, forcing my shaking form into a standing position and looking around for my mother.
    Holding Out on Grades
    Z Y T H A N
    Offspring X Mezanix
    Zythan had promised his mother he wouldn't go far, well, maybe that was a little lie, but what she didn't know wouldn't harm her. He was already a curious soul, wanting adventure and to see the word. And today his exploring took him to the meadow, he was already filling out well, despite being a week old. His long legs carried him gracefully over the meadows hills, his face dipping every now and then to brush his muzzle against the strands of grass. He was not searching for anything in-particular that day, but when a youngster like himself showed herself to cross his path he grew curious about her. Picking up his pace and spreading his small banner behind him he raced towards her over the hills of the meadow, jumping a rock at one point. As he neared he slowed down, she seemed so fragile, so scared. He watched her with a worried expression on his face as he moved towards her, pelt black as night stood out in the pastel green of the meadow. "Are you ok?" He asked, concearn etched his vocals as he came to a halt close to the filly. 
    I wanted freedom; Bound and restricted.  I tried to give you up; But I'm addicted.
    Looking behind herself, a cold, cruel face looks down, with fire licking his pelt and his eyes showing nothing in the realm of warmth as his hooves come down on her small, weak, newling form and she crumples, her spine broken, paralyzed. Her eyes lose focus, blackness spreading, and her spirit reaches for the gentle, welcoming light as she falls into death's hooves.

Still partially asleep, the ending of the nightmare, she jerks as a voice reaches her senses. She jumps a few steps forward, stumbles, and nearly falls. Brilliant. Way to impress a male, stumbling and jumping about liks that. Memento thinks, steeling herself and turning towards the voice, now steady on her feet as best she can be. He is filling out, she notices, despite seeming very young. Perhaps it's his breeding that does it, as she is from a more lithe lineage and does not have a large frame. Whilst noting that, she does have 'sprung ribs' meaning they bend outwards versus lying flat, giving her a larger lung expansion and larger barrel for shoving.

Her brain is already thinking like a Warrioress' should, how capable she is and how strong she can be for her family and kingdom. "I'm.. I'm okay. Just.. A dream I was having. I'm fine. Nothing to worry about." She says, showing him she is fine and dandy and that she doesn't need help. A Warrioress shouldn't be thinking about having others help her, giving such a weak impression upon others. Where would that get her? Being a broodmare and having foals every season! Not a future I desire. Her ears flick back for a moment as she thinks about that, her eyes showing she is deep in thought. Her red and orange fiery mane flickers, a gentle breeze shifting her small forelock to lie just above her eye, and she absentmindedly flicks her tail, sending a few sparks out which die on the breeze.

@[Zythan] Haha she's like her mother, sassy if asked how she's doing and not very welcome to help.
    Holding Out on Grades