• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

More of A Home Than I've Had Before (Any)
    Vida was a horse who was not easily impressed. She'd seen a lot of things in her time wandering through the vast lands beyond her home. She'd encountered creatures, both amazing and terrifying. She'd dealt with mother's nature's most wicked forces, such as a raging river that threatened to pull her under the thrashing current like quicksand, or a large kick-up of wind that devastated the land as it mowed all over the place.

She'd seen wonderful places too. She'd been to beaches with water so clear and blue it was see-through to the bottom. The seashells were a perfectly pearl white, and the sky a perfect reflection of the ocean's brilliant color. She'd been to a hot area where there was very little water, so much so it surprised her that anything could survive out there. Many more places beyond that, all of which were highly interesting.

Of course, now that she was seeing this place, Vida figured her own opinions might be wrong. Never before had she seen so much open field, not only for grazing, but space for running, being around other horses without the fear of being kicked because there was plenty of room to escape in the first place.

The environment stretched out before her was stunning, even in the autumn season. The grassy field was beginning to wither away at the roots, showing that this place would soon be a wasteland while its residents waited for the return of spring. The trees spread over the land were a lovely mixture of yellow, orange, and red, much like the unique color combination of her mane and tail.

Vida lifted her tapered head to the sky, inhaling the fresh autumn breeze. She could definitely grow to like this place, and not just because there were not a lot of horses to worry about.

No, in the case of a free-spirited mare like her, she'd get used to it because there was plenty of room to run!

Rearing up high in the air, kicking out her front legs like an excited filly, Vida took off across the grassy field, mane and tail flowing gracefully behind her as her powerful, muscular limbs carried her easily over the expanse of the field that lay in front of her.

(Vida is free to be approached by a herd member, or a horse from a kingdom)
    to live in a dream is to live with ambition
    Watching the field with a studying eye, Hasenel wondered what mare he'd next approach, which one would happily welcome an invitation to the sunny and blissful home he had to offer. Certainly not all did, but it proved not enough to stop him. As he gazed across the open field, a sudden movement made his eyes fall on a blueish-gray mare, her color unlike any he'd seen.

She was racing with ease across the field, her coat shimmering and toned muscles evident. Without another moment's hesitation, the fire stallion half reared and began his journey toward her, head and tail held high. His hooves sent bits of earth flying through the air as he strode up beside her, though not too close as to put her on guard.

"Hello!" he called. "My name is Hasenel, and I'd much like to speak with you."
    HASENEL
    lead stallion of island resort
    html by call

OOC; hopefully "herd member" also meant herd/lead stallion. If not, let me know.
    Vida's ears swiveled so that they were facing behind her. The mare had thought she heard something coming up behind her. When it became clear that fact was true, as she recognized the sound of pounding hooves, the grulla dun mare began to slow down, the earth being torn by her hooves as she dropped pace.

When she had reached a walking pace, the mare lowered her head a moment to take in a few heavy breaths. She halted, continuing to catch her breath before she looked up at the horse that had been following her.

The stallion had a fiery red coat, and a small white star on his forehead. He had a muscular structure, something that told Vida that this stallion came from a good land and was in excellent health.

Throwing her head back to flick her mane to one side of her neck, her long forelock falling into her eyes, the mare looked at the stallion who had already introduced himself, "Well then, Hasenel, what do you wish to speak to me about?"
    The stallion was relieved when the mare began to slow, happy that he hadn't frightened or seemed to put her off. When she came to a stop so did he, and he stood facing her, only a few feet away.

"I'd like to speak with you about finding a home," he said smoothly. "As it is, I'd like to invite you to mine. Your beautiful coat will certainly add to its variety. If you like sandy beaches, sun, green grass and water, you will be very satisfied in my homeland."

Hasenel then bowed his head to the mare before lifting it again, showing that he would respect her choice, whether it lay with him or not. But he hoped it would. "May I have your name?" he added curiously.  
    HASENEL
    html by call
    Vida did have to admit, the thought of having a home did seem nice. She'd never had one to begin with. Even this large field was less of a home than anyplace she'd ever been in, and that was saying something. Still, it had plenty of running space, water, food, and the occasional critter she could run into in order to avoid being lonely.

So, at first, this stallion's prospect of a home seemed nice, until he used those words. Referring to her coat as something 'beautiful', and that it would add 'variety'. So, he was another one of those. His home sounded nice but she was still stuck on that, how he seemed to value one thing about her; her coat color.

"So is that all you wish for me to go there for? Simply because I have, in your words, a 'beautiful coat'?" she asked, a harsh look in her eyes. She might still want to check out the stallion's home, but only if he trekked across this ground a bit more carefully. She absolutely despised the thought of being someone's property, or valued only because she had a unique coat color. She had more to offer than that; loyalty, skills in fighting, and the will to save those she loved at any cost.

And yet this stallion only wished for her to go with him because she looked pretty.
    Pricking his ears in surprise, the fire stallion realized his words had been misinterpreted. He did not value the mare simply because of her coat; however, he didn't know her, and it had been the only valid way to offer her a compliment.

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to make you feel objectified," he replied, keeping his tone even. "Perhaps if I come to know you more, I'll have a better way of complimenting you. My homeland is a growing community, one I hope will become a strong and admirable kingdom in time. If you are interested in such prospects, I'd be happy to show it to you."

Still, the mare had not mentioned her name, but the stallion figured he'd let it slide. She was strong-willed, clearly, and he enjoyed that about her. Certainly, she'd have great purpose within his land were she to join. Patiently he waited for her response, hoping she would sense his sincerity.
    HASENEL
    html by call
    "I'd be surprised if you could find a better compliment than that. Surprisingly enough, first time someone's offered a compliment at all, so sorry if I snapped at you if that's all you were doing," the mare stated. Vida was a complex mare; her personality could switch so fast it could make one's head spin. Hopefully Hasenel wouldn't be caught that off-guard, but if so, then, well, he'd have to deal with it.

Vida did, for some reason, still wish to check out this stallion's home. Even though this place was nice, part of the reason she also moved around so much was because she could get bored really easily. She'd seen so many places, been through so many different environments horses could live in, she never really felt any place was interesting. Hasenel's home sounded very different from anything she'd ever seen though, and that intrigued her.

She finally gave a nod, "I guess I'll humor you and come check this... kingdom place of yours out."
    If Hasenel could have smiled, he would have done so as the mare eased her suspicion. Instead, he flicked his tail in relief, and listened as she agreed to 'humor' him by checking out his homeland. Though he did not go to the effort of pursuing a mare without a strong chance of her staying in his domain, he figured it was a safe bet she would.

"Not yet a kingdom," he replied. "But with your help, and loyalty of others, possibly."

It was then the fire stallion motioned his head toward the forest line before cantering toward it, knowing the mare would follow him. A well worn path lay beneath the shade of the trees, and it was on this path he traversed with ease, passing a glance behind him to make sure the grulla dun mare was near.
    HASENEL
    html by call

OOC; I'll make a new thread for us in the Island Resort tab, under The Gates kingdom. Welcome! Smile
    Her help? What could one horse do to help? Stupid question, but still, Vida was curious. How did he figure that she could help the place he lived in become a kingdom? Her loyalty, is that what he'd said? She really needed to ask some more questions later on, if she decided to stay in the kingdom that is.

When the stallion motioned for her to follow after him, toward a trail hidden in the tree line, the mare went ahead and picked up the lope to catch Hasenel, already becoming excited at the thought of what this place would look like and wondering if she'd like it.
    New thread up!