• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so I blame it on the river lea; herds/kingdoms
    herds preferable, but kingdoms welcome too if they would like a bum :|

Oh, it's in my roots—in my veins.
    It's in my blood and I stain every heart that I use to heal the pain
    It’s barely been a month and she was already back to where she had started from.

Xero certainly had no plans to return to the jungle for a long time and so she was back to square one. She had seen her brother in Chessur and had readily agreed to accompany him back to his small herd. There she experienced the seashore – the opposite of lush greenery and humid air she had grown up with. Open, breezy beaches were overlooked by tall, rocky cliffs and she reveled in the unfamiliar landscapes.

But she hadn’t seen the navy blue stallion since their one conversation in the field. She could smell small hints of another mare and perhaps a child, but she had yet to see anyone else within this herdland – with the exception of the seagulls, of course. Xero had chosen this place in hopes of finding some companionship within Chessur. Instead, she continued to wallow in her loneliness and the isolation she felt from her family.

It was time to begin the search once more.

This time she is much more hesitant than before (although she had been rather nervous at the time as well). She hadn’t ever lived outside her jungle home, but there was no family left there for her to linger there for – only painful memories remained with her grasp.

The tovero mare would probably be a little more selective in the hopes of finding someone whom she could enjoy the company of. She wouldn’t be cowed by most despite her gentle and friendly nature – Momma Luna and Momma Sol had certainly taken care of that. Her jungle-mothers were certainly fearsome warriors and Xero had no qualms about demonstrating some of their teachings upon any overbearingly bold persons.

She settles into her chosen little niche in the field, away from the overcrowded places but not too far away to totally isolate her from the crowd. Xero is patient and hopeful, ready to move on with her life. Perhaps she’ll find someone promising this time.
    Xero
    Nocturnal x Quark
    PHAEDRUS
    He was out and about today, activity around beqanna seemed to be picking up. He was elated with how strong his herd was developing. If the Dale ever came calling for the herd to participate he could proudly offer up the numbers. His main goal to please Ramiel, and devote all of himself to the betterment of the Dale.

Its around the borders that he stays, watching the cliches, and every once in a while pulling himself from the shadows if Sheba spotted a horse that she liked. One such horse seperated herself from the rest, though not wandering to far off, probably worried about hunters like his bobcat. If only they knew how much of a pacafist she was. Though she had all the weapons of a warrioress, she kept them all hidden under a blanker of fluff.

He steps forward, watching as the cat rolls up to the mare announcing herself. Hello, I'm Sheba She offers a toothy grin. He soon follows wading through the ticklish grasses. The heat of the sun cooled by the nippy winter breeze. I'm Phaedrus, from the Dale, and Golden Plains. his wings flutter and he dips his head in greeting.

Can I help you with anything? He tries to politely start a conversation, slightly awckward and choppy. Barely getting the words out before he slips back into silence. Accutely aware of the lack of diplomacy he portrays. The cat sits in front of her eyes squinted closing slowly then opening, her tail flicking behind her in calm fidgeting. What he means to say is, would you like a home? She says it exasperated, it had been a long day, and she wanted nothing more then to climb of the trees that bordered the herd land and drift to sleep.

Lazing about was her favorite pasttime completely unlike him, who seemed to hop from one place to another, always moving, always finding company, something to do, something to say, something to think on. A man of quiet action, while she ussually found it pleasant there were times that her catty nature just wanted to groan and hiss at him. Tell him to slow down and take a break.

He stood on the smooth curvature of a the tallest hill (around him, anyways). His hind ankle kinked and his teal eyes half-lit beneath his mangy forelock. It had been quite sometime since he has spent time here in the field. He'd much rather be lurking around the Meadow or communing with Kingdom children and luring them away into the sweet darkness of the his beloved trees... However, something drew him here in the night. So he moved under a moonless sky, veiled by the gentle sweep of shadows that sings across the frozen earth.

No snow quite yet, or nothing real anyways. Just the heavy frosts. So when the sun rises and rise it does – his back and exposed eyelashes adorn the sparkling frozen moisture like everything else around him. The golden glow brings the glittering plains to life and quietly melts it away as the burning sun creeps higher and higher into the bluish void.

He is almost away in nap-land when a male voice breaks his serene peace. His ears perk to the alert of sound and his vibrant eyes come alive beneath strands of oil black hair. He can see the stallion's cobalt colors and the fringe of his giant wings through the neighboring trees.

Yeah. I better go interrupt that.

And so he does. Moving gracefully on clunky feathered feet, crunching the softened terrain beneath, he moves toward them at a calm walk. His head is propped, as are his long black ears. “Hellow there, friends.” His grin widens, toothy and blatant as he takes the spot next to the winged gentleman. “Phaedrus, is it?” He hints to his previous spying and gives the boyo a wink. “Chemdog,” He nods, gesturing to himself. “But Chem works juuuust fine.” His nostrils flutter and his eyes twinkle while they peer down at her. His forelock settles down the bridge of his white nose, so he has a very clear view of her and her him. He lets his eyes lock with hers unless or until she breaks the steady touch of their mixing gazes.

Chemdog

x
    (orig. picture by mon-artefact on DA)

@[Phaedrus] @[Xero]
    <33