• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

New Romantics
    PHAEDRUS
    He was thinking of the spindly legged filly he brought back that first day here. How she had sassed and startled him with her ability to stand up for herself. How he had caught a glimmer of her when she grew up and didn't look at all like the child he had become so fond of. Now a fully developed woman, with a wonderful disposition to match. He couldn't help but wonder if she was ok.

The remnents of that day were simply a side chalked full of scabby holes. No longer sore, his wings whole and strong, his mane thick and long, his muscles sturdy and developed. He had to stay in shape if he wanted to be able to be of any good to those he swore to protect. Sheba was curled up under his wing, his head tucked under it as well. A hawks cry pierced the air drowsly he remains alert to the sounds and smells of oncoming danger. Normally nesting in a tree was his normal aptitude, but today he layed amongst the ocean of grasses lazing about nothing much to do besides nap.

He was relaxed with nothing to keep him from enjoying some free time. No responsibilities looming over his head keeping him so busy that he couldn't keep track of who was in the herd and who wasnt. He shakes his head at the sound of something. It resembled that of light hooves on soft ground. Nickering his neck cranes over the grasses attempting to catch sight of her.

Getting up his wings unfold lifting himself from the ground he shakes himself out before tucking his wings back in. Sheba growling at him for disturbing her comfort. Silly bobcat. He can't help be let his cheesy grin slip through to his lips. You know you had me worried there He wants to nuzzle her mane, ruffle her feathers maybe see if that spitfire was still there under this quiet mare. You look stunning He can't help but gaze over her frame, she had filled out nicely. Sheba growls out from her her lounging position eyes closed and tassled ears flipped back in her bobcat way He means to say he misses you She knows she could add a lot more, but doesn't not wanting to risk that fight again.

He grins sheepishly, knowing that was his que that sheba wanted her beauty rest and didn't want to see him moon all over his mare, like he was prone to do as of late.

@[Corroded Love]

New Romantics

She had always loved him, first as the dashing stallion in the field, then to the asshole who set her straight, shifting into her gallant warrior, and returning back to the man she always knew and loved. Unfortunately for her, she had no knowledge of his feelings for her, did he even care about her? Was she just some meaningless trash? Or was she someone that he loved.

She found herself lately at the edge of Golden Plains contemplating her feelings for the stallion while also blissfully day dreaming as any mare would with his accusing absence. Now, that she thought about it she hadn't seen him since he returned from the war, her little soldier. So in the midst of mindless thinking Roma, forced her silver toned body into a trot. Her trot was graceful yet small strided it took a little longer for her to get to farther distances than she had ever expected, so in the need of seeing her Phaedrus she extended her stride allowing her hooves to clatter rather loudly upon the terrain. Golden strands of grass grazed her hocks and forearms as she made her way towards him, a nicker hailing her name.

There she found him, looming over his bobcat comrade, Sheba. As she growled in protest Roma greeted him, by nipping at his long mane. "Really, I worried you?" She inquired, playfully tugging at his ebony and azure entwined mane. She couldn't help but smile, he was worried about her? How sweet. Soon she found him complimenting her, how strange? He wasn't one to compliment, maybe it was just the season which had him all out of sorts? She didn't necessarily know what to do with the compliment so instead of searching for answers she answered him,"Thank you."

Then she heard a feminine voice emit from below, of course it was his little Bobcat friend. He missed her? Truly it didn't seem like it, I mean sure he might of missed her as a friend..But romantically speaking, was he serious? "Are you alright Phaedrus?" She questioned, returning her attention towards the winged stag. She allowed herself to lean on him slightly, as she gently nuzzled his neck in affection. She hadn't seen him in a while, and there was much to catch up on.

Drama Queen Of Golden Plains

OOC: Sorry if it's a bit weird, just roll with it. Smile
    PHAEDRUS
    It seemed that each female was slowly stealing a piece of his heart. Each developing some form of unique affection (love) If he would ever admit it. Each one weaseling their way into a snug hide away that tugged at his instinct to protect,(nurture). Maybe it was just the season talking, maybe the growing herd was also making it more difficult for him not to simply jump one of them. But he was a gentleman and wouldn't take pleasure from one that didn't want it.

He wasn't above satisfying their need for male attention should they ask for it. But never had he attempted to satisfy his own need without first developing some sort of comfortable relationship with a mare. Foals though were a entirely different topic (in his mind). Something that he wasn't yet ready for. Something that he wasn't confident in his ability to raise properly.

She was writhing closer to him, brushing agianst this hide making his muscles stiffen and a smile curl on his lips. Hmm He hums his agreement to her question. Then a playful tug has him grinning like a fool. His wing spreading to drape over her barrel and pull her snuggly agianst him. I'm doing a lot better thank you. He wasn't sure why she had asked, but he wasn't about to question it.

Musing her mane he presses his muzzle against her neck taking in the sweet scent of her into his lungs. He can't resist the question though and it slips out Why do you ask? His voice though muffled still holds a certain growl of affection in it. How have you been? He stands there a moment enjoying their time together. Shaking out his mane he leaves his wing draped over her though he pulls away slightly so that he can look into her eyes.

New Romantics

Roma seemed to smile when his glorious wing spread over her, snuggly fitting around her barrel. Her azure eyes batted their ebony eyelashes as she listened to her stallion, silver toned lobes were pricked.

Love wasn't just one thing she wanted, she desired Phaedrus. For her to be his and he to be hers but, she knew that wouldn't so easily happen with the needs of the other mares. Which she gladly accepted the fact that ever little mare in his herd needed some affection now and then. That they needed to feel loved by one person on this world and Phaedrus was that one to comfort them. That's precisely why she loved him, to his gentlemanly behavior and his big heart.

The question of why, enters the conversation. She finds herself to welcome the question other than appall the topic, "Well, first of all you complimented me." She chuckled teasingly, shifting her head to nip at his ebony feathers, "That wans't really why I asked you, I haven't seen you since the war, and well I was wondering if you were all healed up." She paused gathering her words, as she searched for his eyes finally gathering the sense to lock hers with his. "Truthfully, I was worried about you myself. I was worried about you during the war, and when you returned I was worried about your recovery, that your absence meant you had left us." She glanced down, she never meant to throw a fit about it, but she loved him with all her heart. And if he left the earth she would follow in his steps to be with him once more.

Roma snuggled in close to him her feelings for the stallion were undeniable so she was fed up with keeping what she felt for him hidden, so she spoke. "Phaedrus, I love you with all my heart." She paused for a moment stepping back so she could look into his eyes to see how he would react for her passion to be with the stallion. Hopeful that he felt the same way, hopeful that they could be together.

OOC: The cheesiness XD
    PHAEDRUS
    He flares his wing out revealing the scars. See all healed He smiles at her. Compliment? He forgot how introverted he had been when she first met him. All awckwardness, and silent brooding. Well he had learned a lot more patience since then, and he had also learned to talk to others, it seemed to prevent them from trying to force deep thoughts out of him. and allowed him to keep to the shallow how do you do's and whats up chit chat that no one really ever cared for, but participated in anyways. Well I've learned a few tricks recruiting.

She begins to rub up against him and he can only imagine that its the attack of the season on her body. He nudges her. Naw, I would never leave forever, I will always come back. Sometimes things happen, and well I couldn't have anyone thinking that the herd was weak. So I snuck away for a while until I was sure that I could protect you all again. Besides do you think I would leave you completely alone? he notices a bit of a change in that moment and he fidgets nervously.  But Sheba steps forward and she grins at the mare. I'm always here if Phaedrus is not. I seem to have a very good way of making threats run She flashed her fangs.

If that didn't reasure the mare he didn't know what would, but he still got that vibe that something was brooding inside her head. Then she snuggles up to him and he relaxes slightly. Before he can get comfortable though she steps away from him, and announces something that he had never once heard before in his life. He schools his face looking at her in stunned silence his wings folding back to his sides. He was sure that she was simply mistaking a young fillies crush for something more, because he was all she had known.

He isn't sure what to say, a moment passes then two, and he isn't sure how she expects him to respond. I-He can't continue, for a moment his gaze wavers looking to Sheba for answers. She seemed as relaxed and oblivious as a new born kitten Not quite sure I understand. Love isn't exactly my forte. I enoy your company though. He hoped that she wasn't expecting exclusivity. He hoped that the words would bring solice to her. He wasn't that sort of man, hell he couldn't be in a kingdom without dividing himself and his attention to a herd. He just wasn't one that said I am yours and you are mine and no one else matters. No if he cared for one he cared for them all.

Then Sheba pikes up. He likes you Roma, dont get him wrong, he just is a bit of a loner. She winks at the girl trying to lighhten her mood with the girl to girl talk. He dips his head with a uncertainty and silence about him. Just want you to know that, dont want to hurt you. He knew if he led her on to beleive that there was a place inside of him that wasn't invaded by the darkness that when she found out that there wasn't it would only hurt her worse. Least she had already had an idea of what she was getting into. He reaches for her neck grazing his teeth down to her whithers.

New Romantics

Her ebony tipped lobes perk, she remains a few inches from him yet, their barrels still touch. She wasn't truly nervous of being lonely, it was just the thought of being without him, a type of abandonment of which she can't comprehend. She nods to Sheba allowing herself to playfully toil with his cobalt entwined mane, gently yanking strands and pieces causing his head to shift slightly as she pulled. 

A she pulled at his mane, in a fidgety manner, aware that her feelings of him were out and about in his mind. She began to become quite nervous, as his expression changed and his wing uncoiled from her back returning to his sides. She turned to glance at his wings for a moment returning her attention to Phaedrus.

His answer disappoints her yet, what did she expect? He had a whole herd of mares, it wasn't easy to just choose one. Her attention shifts to Sheba, she glances at Phaedrus for a moment. The mare breaks out into a silent chuckle to the words of the feline, Phaedrus a loner? How ridiculous, he seems to lead a herd and care for all of his mares, doesn't that feel like the opposite of a loner?

"Phaedrus, I understand. I guess I was just fantasying it would go a little differently." She began to walk away from him, she knew last time she walked away from him, he was enraged. Unhappy with her attitude and behavior, but today, she didn't show any attitude, she gracefully strode forwards. Strands of golden grass grazing across her hocks and forearms, as she walked deeper into the herdlands. Her ebony dotted tail lashed, she paused for a moment considering what she was doing. Stopping in her tracks and mentally jotting down what had happened:

• He had complimented her
    • She had opened up her feelings about him
    • He had rejected her allowing there to still be a chance
    She glanced back at him, if there was still chance she wouldn't be missing out on it anytime soon. "Arn't you coming?" She questioned playfully flinging her head up, as she awaited the brute to come up beside her.

The bullet notes messed up my HTML..... Just mind that XD
    PHAEDRUS
    He couldn't be more relieved than in the moment that she takes a chance at trying to understand his nature. He visibly relaxes nuzzling into her the crevice between her cheek bone and neck his nares flared and eyes closed. He drapes his wing back over her and she begins to walk off.

For a moment he is baffled, but a second later she turns back to him and he is grinning. Digging his powerful hindquarters into the soft dirt he spreads his wings pulling himself forward a few bounds until he is next to her, the mass of his wings having pulled at the air to give him momentum. He pulls his wing tightly around her barrel dragging her firmly to his side once more. Latching his teeth to her whithers gently but firmly. Instinct ruling his thoughts, she had dared him and his body responded. Showing her that he was powerful seemed the only response that would satisfy that urge.

Primal as it was, it had him shocked and he lets go as soon as he is aware of the chase they had just engaged in. Nervous that she would be ferious with him he loosens his wing but still leaves it draped giving her her own choice. She was his first mare in the herd, she was the one that had stayed the longest. She had put up with his crap, and lately she had not complained. He wondered at how ok she would be with dealing with that. I care for you He whispers in her ear.

How do you put up with me? He asks her trying to to lighten the mood nervous as all hell. He was in a sense a loner, never did he stay long anywhere, never could he just stick to one thing, he found his solitude in the masses alone and unbothered with the trivial conversations that others took part in. Never did he have to tie himself down with the deep emotional meaning. Hell he never delved that deep inside himself. That was where sheba got her shallowness. She couldn't reflect a soul that was blocked off from all including himself.

They traverse the grasses him following her lead. Him hoping to build a relationship that they could both live with and enjoy. I want to make you happy here. Whoops did he just say that out loud? He hoped not. He hoped that his thoughts were not slipping through the cracks in his skull and out his mouth. He hoped at least that they could build something of a family here. He hoped that she felt secure that he wouldn't leave her forever.
    i'll carry this flag, to the grave if i must

OOC: Are you going to take advantage of next season? Because these two seriously need to have a foal together Wink HINT HINT <333

PS. Sorry this took so long AGAIN Sad

New Romantics

Roma allowed a sweet little smile to spread across her lips when she found him once again at her side. Barrels making contact and shifting whenever the duo made a fragile quick step. She returned to tugging at his mane, in a loving manner. She didn't mind him biting down upon her withers, it didn't necessarily hurt in the slightest but never the less it did catch her by surprise. Her back curled away for a moment, spine flexing in a small moment of tension and then relaxing under his ivories.

She chuckles softly, when he whispers in her ear. She cared about him more than he could ever imagine and she was sure he could fantasize farther than she could. And that means a lot. Considering that when Roma was alone she would daydream, she would imagine herself taking another path, participating in a kingdom. Yet with all her fantasies, this moment was like a fairytale, where the girl would fall in love with her prince. Phaedrus was her prince, and she was his damsel in distress.

"Put up with you? Phaedrus how could I not put up with you?" She allowed her brows to furrow for a moment, then a little chuckle was released from her lips. "You're perfect." Oh shit. Did she, once again give in to the overpowering powers of her feelings. Why again?

She shifted her attention to his eyes, those dark chocolate eyes. "I'm happy here Phaedrus. As long as your here with me of course." Oh shit the cheesiness of everything. This was becoming one of the most lovey dovey moments of her whole entire life. If she had to admit it, she was having a perfect day. It was a fairytale, an extremely cheesy fairytale. But a fairytale is a fairytale, and she'll take her little time of perfection no matter how cheesy it is. 

"Speaking of here. I have a little place to show you." She grins, striding at a quicker pace as she leads the way. Soon the pair come to a large pool of water glistening in the sunlight. It's almost fully laminated, it's turquoise glow reflecting upon the elegant trees that's branches hang  lingering upon the flanks of any equine that strode into the hidden clearing.

Roma had spent a lot of time here thinking, dreaming, and of course avoiding all the other mares. Some of them were a bit clingy but, Roma didn't care, she wasn't going to complain on and on about ho she disliked their presence. Not that she could care she found her own little nook in the herdland, a place where no equine would bother her and pester the shit out of her. So this was her place her own little corner of the world, which would no one in the herd knew about except for now him.

OOC: Of course! A little Phaedrus x Roma foal would be so darn cute! Parading around the herdland... I need names though <3
    PHAEDRUS
    When she relaxes and submits to his bite he comes to himself completely revolted by what he had just done. Licking at the spot tenderly, its his attempt to make for the action. Maybe it was just the steal that was starting to get to him. Fear causing him to lash out at anything that dared to defy him. He was a member of the Dales army, he was an Alpha, and he was a gifted being. Not that others were not. Just that it was a security that he knew he had over others that would try to usurp his position. Today that didn't seem to matter though.

He smiles at her quip nudging her kindly. Well thank you Miss Roma; but I do believe that you are the more pefect one out of the two of us here. Wait that didn't sound right? He needed to learn to speak properly. Before it was to late and effect his carrer as a warrior. She continues and he chuckles dipping his wing around her barrel.

She leads them further into his territory. It wasn't often that he came this deep in, preferable to catching wanderers before they got to this point. They arrive neet the creek that the mares share, but she keeps moving, then there is another pool. This one tucked away, away from the rest of the land. But easy to watch the interactions of others from here. So this was how she did it.

He stands next to her stunned for a moment looking about the glade. Its beautiful. No wonder you don't want to wander around much. Find this on our flight? He grins at her. This was a magical place, one that he couldn't believe he hadn't found before. Then again with his busy schedule, who was he kidding? Himself? Well not even he himself could fall for that joke.

The seasons seemed to be getting colder now, closer to that time when the mares would be getting antsy. And as much as he wanted to care for them, he still felt like the kid in the candy shop with no money. Just sitting back admiring and imaging the treats that come along with the time of year. In his absent ways he comes back to himself and finds that it is him nibbling at her mane rather then the other way around. well look at that, now you got me doing it.
    PHAEDRUS
    This night he was tired to say the least. He had traveled from the Dale. Finally she was back, finally he was back, finally the world was starting to turn right side up. Going to her special place. He hesitates for a moment, not sure if it would be violating her privacy. Deciding it was probably where she was he makes his way to the secret little meadow she had found. Breaking through the barriers, and stepping on the lush grasses, he makes his way to water dipping his head for a cooling drink before he makes his way over to her.

Draping his wing he nuzzles her jaw for a moment. Quiet as the night is, the crickets still chirp, the owl still hoots. He whips his tail back and forth lazy with sleep. The season was there, and he knew that he would be her first. For that he intended to make the moment as special as he possibly could. Making her comfortable, and willing for his lovers touch. He had not left her side for long, no he was making it a purpose each day to visit her at least once. He knew she liked her solitude, but it still worried him. Worried that she was safe, that she wasn't lonely.

Sometimes the doubts of his ability to make her happy was infact true, or if he was blinding himself to the truth. Well in any case he was going to make her happy this night. The sense of euphoria thick in the air. Quietly he begins to clean her coat, as glossy as it already is, he is sure that the attention couldn't go unnoticed. Not that he wanted it to. Talking had never been his thing, especially in moments like these. Blood pumping, and heat emmiting into the air his lids droop in a haze. Before he comes up to her side again his sides heaving with a slight quiver.

His thoughts come back to the present and he shakes his head. He worried, constantly worried. Did she enjoy it? Had he preformed as well as he could? His eyes open and he looks around for her. The glade still present, but of course the thought of water posesses him, and turns him towards the trickle that passes through this part of his land. Waiting for her, if she even wanted to see him. Hopefully she didn't think him a monster of some sort.

OOC: Ok I just reposted it here, we can just jump ahead to current time.