• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When you feel my heat [kimber]
    ± when you feel my heat, look into my eyes ±
    Summer hails her heat and sun on the Chamber just as it has done year after year. This time though, the King of Magma has hardly noticed the increase in temperature because it was like an ant to an elephant. Summer would no longer bring him to a lather with a good run, his brow would not bead with sweat and the idea of sunburn- ha! Laughable.

What wasn’t laughable was the task of meeting with Kimber, you never knew what the soup of the day was. If she were smart it would be something bland, tomato basil, otherwise he’d have to call the whole thing off.

They had all been working their asses off, it was no secret. He had seen them to and from their borders, smelling rank with the fields and meadows, even the challenge lands now. That peaked his interest and he decided he’d have a word with the lake colored lady. Just a few words though, it’s never wise to get caught up in deep conversation with a woman such as Kimber. That he had learned, or decided, some time ago.

He calls her with little flare, bellowing into the pines and swatting his tail as he waits. She would come, she was too curious of a cat not to.
    KILLDARE
    magma King of the Chamber

lets keep this short n sweet
    @[k i m b e r]
    Although the blue mare was not close to their very own little (melting) tea pot, Killdare had learned quickly that this cat was always curious so it's no surprise she hears his call. She briefly ignores it to eat just a few more bites of the green grass that's starting to burn and blow away. Spring was such a short lived season in the Chamber, though lava-Larry likely didn't notice she did and it made her rather snarky.

Kimber worked too hard on looking good to let a little sun run her sweat-free rump.

She was quite content with being a shadow-dweller more than half the time, she wasn't given a great set of manners or moral compass so it's best she isn't in the limelight. To and fro she sways towards the head honcho but she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of rushing - she had to get her thrills somehow. "What a sweet voice you have, Killdare," she purrs, sarcastically but with a little chuckle, "what occasion blesses me with your presence?" she curtly adds. She is rather playful today but who knew if in a few minutes she would be done and sinking her proverbially claws into someone.
    Kimber
    You don't know how hard I fought to survive,
    waking up alone when I was left to die
    ± when you feel my heat, look into my eyes ±
    It takes no time for her to find him, as quick as the changing seasons and around here- they seemed to fly by in a week. Though she dawdles as she sways, shake, shake, shake he watches her with a flat stare. If he could pull her forward in one quick snatch of his mind he would, enduring her mindless sauntering was tiresome. Not that she wasn’t a lovely spectacle for a woman, they just happened to know each other too well, or of each other too well to delve those dark recesses. Killdare could shudder.

“Indeed. Yours is lacking such dulcet tenor but no one’s perfect.” A quip to greet and proceed with this little shindig. She always had something sassy to say didn’t she? Well, why let Kimber have all the fun?

She’s done far too much work lately to ignore and thus he stopped doing so. “You’ve been working hard lately.” A compliment dripping with surprise though he won’t budge in facial expression. Credit was given where credit was due, it always had been this way in the Chamber and since he had best rebuild- well, he should do it right.

He needed a strong army regardless of the current lull in affairs across Beqanna. He wouldn’t be one to attempt to operate and dispatch a crop of newbs. They would be given time, practice. He would equip those who deserved it when he could.

“Congratulations on making lieutenant, you’ve surpassed my expectations.” No use hiding it, he hadn’t expected much from the resident snark. “You’ve been busy on the challenge fields Kimber, I notice.” Lord did he notice so many things, things he wisedh he did not but that wasn’t here.” So, that being said, you’ll receive the first set of wings.”
    KILLDARE
    magma King of the Chamber
    She can feel Killdare's eyes on her and although he doesn't say such, a small glimpse of irritation washes over his face. Men were such simple creatures and usually quite predictable but she didn't know much of Killdare yet. She is surprised that he gives her any retort, it causes a toothy grin to creep up on her dished face - she was surprised too.

The army was quite slim at this very moment, maybe four or five members but she would do her best to make it stronger. Kimber was a fickle creature but she didn't lack determination, at least on her own terms. "Well isn't that sweet, you had expectations of me to begin with," she bats her doe eyes quickly at the magma King but turns more serious as his compliment is not in jest. Stop being a bitch. She didn't mean to always come across so ungrateful, her mouth always ran off before her mind could overthink it. "Thank you, I'm trying to bulk up our ranks - I appreciate the offer but I'm already blu-," she goes to add that she doesn't need any other reason to be targeted but she feels the ache beneath her withers, it felt like someone was drilling holes from the inside out as slowly the bones grew and soon the skin would be pierced a set of Blue Jay wings would appear. "Thank you, Killdare but just remember you gave them to me," she chuckles and bites playfully at the air in his direction - she turns to leave, surely he had other things to do than spatting with her all day.
    Kimber
    You don't know how hard I fought to survive,
    waking up alone when I was left to die

figured you'd wanna wrap it up.
    i'm picking blue jay wings because symbolism ftw.
    <3