• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Wrong Side Of Heaven The Righteous Side Of Hell - Any/Kingdoms
    This place was loud, full of what's and if's, pleading stallions and whining mares. Why was I even here you ask? You tell me. Where else was I supposed to go? Wander for the rest of time, in the last 9 months of life I'd wandered many miles. So many, many miles. I was bitter, hungry and did I mention bitter. Being separated from your mother at barely 4 months, that's a good reason to loathe the world and your existence in it. What is my purpose? Where does this path lead....

So I lingered, on the edge, in the shadows.... there was nothing particularly stunning about me. I'm the ugly duckling. My legs were too long for my body, winter fuzz still clung to my hindquarters and if you wanted to, you could practice counting using the ribs and vertebrae that protruded far to obviously. Somebody please help me. I had a pretty head though, the long neck of a swan, my Arabian heritage had provided me some grace. Beauty is as beauty does.

Those eyes though, the color of amber, penetrating the shadows. I can see into your soul. I gazed into the ruckus, swishing my ragged tail against my flanks in distaste. Cocking a hind leg, I lowered my pretty dished head and closed my eyes to the world. A breeze wandered over me, the cold fingers caused a shiver, the hair on my body stood on end and I drifted into a dark slumber, can't everyone just be quiet, the shadows draping their cold tendrils around me, almost blanket like, some perverted joke for sure.

There's a demon inside.

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

TheFeild is busy today, as it often is in Spring, and I choose to bide my time. I am content to watch for a while, following the movements of strangers as they court and convince others that their herd or kingdom is best. I’ve done the same thing, and intend to today, but I am waiting to see if anything more interesting comes along.

The dun filly that catches my eye is far from a promising recruit, but she sticks out like a sore thumb in the crowd of well-groomed mares and stallions. She’s too young to be here, I think’ she’s no older than Ygritte’s blue twins.

Knowing the impact that my presence can make, I approach slowly, my head low and a friendly smile on my face. “Hello there,” I say once I’m within hearing range, nodding my spotted head in a polite greeting. “I’m Kreios,” I tell her, noting the way that her ribs poke through her thin skin even in this season of plenty. She must have had a hard winter – presumably one without her mother if her age is anything to go by. “What brings you to the field?”

i’m screaming the name of a foreigner’s god

image by connor obrien
    Day's had passed, I'd been enjoying the warm kiss of spring, the tender shoots of grass that sprung in all their glory from the damp earth. Sunbathing has been on the top of my list today, and I stood off to the side, basking in the full glory of that burning star.

I heard the thud of hoof beats, not uncommon here, my ears fell back to the side, a sigh parted my lips. I heard them again, at this point closer, so I raised my head and directed my gaze in the direction of the stranger.

My ears pricked with intrigue, my interaction with others was limited and for a moment I startled, pinning my ears nervously in defense, unsure of what was to happen.

A gentle voice carried on the breeze, an introduction, Kreios, I mumbled under my breath, rolling the letters around on my tongue like skittles. My attention peaked with the question, what was I doing here? I nickered softly to the steed, pricking my flattened ears and gazing curiously. Honestly I'm not sure, I just kind of found myself here, and it seemed like an ok place to stay for a while. I've been wandering some time... My voice trailed off, disappearing into the trees. Wandering was all I'd known, it felt foreign interacting with this stranger. Lifting my head a little, a warm breeze traveled across my frame, it almost tickled and I shook. Fuzz flew off my hide, and under that mess was a copper penny, just waiting to shine. I'm Fillie, it's nice to meet you, I think. I tilted my head, curious of this horse and where this would lead. A home maybe? Wandering was so lonely and winters were hard alone, traveling from place to place.

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

She seems somewhat startled by my approach, and I’m grateful that I’d kept a comfortable distance between us; I’d not meant to unsettle her. I’m well aware that my sense of personal space is somewhat skewed when compared to the majority of other horses, perhaps a remnant of my time as a herd stallion when I had no need to respect the formality of kingdoms and of greeting strangers.

Once she repeats my name, she seems to become a bit more comfortable, and I find myself smiling a bit more warmly. Good, I think, I’ve not scared her too badly. The answer that she gives me is not surprising – it’s rather what I expected given her age and condition. The Field is not an exceptionally hospitable place, and while it will do for a few weeks, it is not a place that one might easily call home, there are too many strangers coming and going at all hours of the night for any sense of safety.

I’m still somewhat curious as to why she’s here alone, but I’ve learned better than to prey into the histories of others. Too often there are surprises that I’d no intention of uncovering, and secrets that were buried for a reason.

“I think it’s nice to meet you too,” I reply with a small laugh, amused by her forthrightness. She’s right; it might not be nice to meet everyone that might approach her, and as far as she knows I’m no different from any of the less savory characters that roam the Field. Fortunately for her, I’m nearly incapable of concealing my true character, and the expressions on my face mimic those that I am truly feeling.

“I’m here to find horses that might want to join my kingdom, the Falls.” I tell her, never one to both extremely long with pleasantries. “Would you be interested in that? Or at least in hearing more about it?”

image by connor obrien
    A kingdom he says. Curious. My interested was definitely peaked, could this be my ticket outta' here? This ain't Hollywood darling. I took a tentative step forwards, taking the time now to look more closely at this steed. He was quite lovely, mottled in spots and handsome to boot. I was too young to know of lust or want, but I knew the feeling of loneliness and fear and something about this guy made me feel comfort.
    I dipped my head out of respect and whispered softly back to him. Yes, do tell me more, would there be others? Loneliness is a companion I've lost my fondness for. I lifted my head back to meet his gaze, and a smile found my lips, relaxing a little more in his presence.

*I'm sorry it's so bad, two toddlers screaming at the top of their lungs. Forgive me for the amount of sucketh in this post. ><*

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

she looks curious – always a good sign – and I am nearly certain that she’s going to take me up on the offer. Finding new members of the kingdom is always an accomplishment, even if they are thin little fillies. She’ll grow up strong, I know (though my thoughts are solely about service to the kingdom; I’ve no interest in fetishizing young fillies), and I can only hope that were she to come to the kingdom, she’d find it as wonderous as the rest of us.

“Plenty more,” I say as I nod, “Mostly adults, but the Queen – Ygritte – has a pair of fillies your age. You’d probably get along with them.” As entertaining as I think I am, I know that conversations with adults aren’t any youth’s ideal way to spend time. “The kingdom itself is beautiful. There’s plenty of greenery – forests and meadows – and of course the Dazzling Waterfall, where our kingdom gets its name.”

image by connor obrien

No need to apologize! I can’t ever write when my screaming puppies are at my feet xD
    I listened intently, he spoke of the Queen and her babes, in close age to my own it seemed. Of green forests, and meadows a plenty with grass, a beautiful waterfall.....
    And so a decision had to be made, the breeze had picked up and the budding branches around me rustled together, as if an audience were cheering me on. I pondered for a moment, it sounded lovely really, I was so tired of wandering and loneliness. The companionship of others sounded charming, as well as food it seemed like I didn't have to scavenge for. Companionship, safety, a home, a future even. How could I pass that up?

It sounds wonderful, if this is an invitation to come live there, I'd like to accept it.

I approached the stallion slowly, head lowered in respect, for I knew no other way to act and positioned myself besides him. Reaching over I nudged him softly in thanks and waited for the next step, a new chapter in the short story of Fillie.

*My dogs ran away this morning. :'( I'm hoping they will come back, I've been out looking for them for ages but I have flu so I can't be doing too much. :'(*

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

I glance up as the wind picks up, shaking the budding branches of the trees overhead. The leaves do not fall (unlike the petals of the Bradford pears, cherry, and tulip trees that make up a large part of the forest of the Falls, but they are pretty in their own right – bright and green.

“This is definitely an invitation, ” I tell the girl with a smile, “You’re welcome to come and make the Falls your home for as long as you’d like. ”

She reaches forward, tentative, and I respond in kind, tapping my pale muzzle gently against her crest. It’s a fatherly sort of affection; there’s nothing at all untoward in it.

“Have you ever lived in a kingdom before?” I ask her, taking a step forward. I’m ready to lead her to the kingdom if she’s willing to follow, but I’m more than a little curious about the past that had brought her to Beqanna as well.

[Ooc: we can continue this in the Falls?]

image by connor obrien

Ooh no!!
    I hope that you’ve found them?! (and also that you’re feeling better!)