• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And Golden Door Knobs - Kingdoms & Herds

xiah

Mud clings to the poor excuse for feathers that the mare wears; miscellaneous items of nature make love to the chaos of her mane and tail. The grey of her eyes have turned silver, luminous with the wild of the land beyond. Stars flicker within her, and they do not fade as she reenters Beqanna.

The scent of the North beckons to the young woman, newly fleshed out, full of height and fit of muscle. She blinks softly towards the Tundra, wondering if she ought to return; but as she had found no traces of her parents on her venture to the Outside, there simply remained nothing for her in the ice kingdom. Nothing but memories and vindication.

So, her head turns away, and the breeze carrying the scent of her homelands sighs a final goodbye. Relying on the shimmer of the moon above, Xiah galloped through the long grasses, ignorant to the many sleeping creatures below. The tip of her spiralling unicorn horn points unwaveringly forward, leads her on to new beginnings, stands as her sentinel for the long hours of the night.

As the drum of her dirtied hooves slow to a soft tumbling and finally to silence, Xiah raises her snipped nose and inhales deeply. A disgusting musk of thousands of horses wafts over her. Perfect. Raising a knee to bite at it idly, the unicorn wonders whether she ought to clean herself up a bit. She gives her a neck a bit of a shake, but in the ends, it only fluffs up the mess of her mane more. Sighing with a smirk, Xiah shrugs and decides that whoever approaches her will just have to deal with it.

All of it.

You won't have any friends, and I'll live in a room
    With flowers on the walls, and golden doorknobs

Winter had pushed into the diverse war-torn lands, and the cold gusting air only further perpetuated the dismal feeling. Though in further thought, it was probably just the lanky blood bay's personification of his torn feelings onto the landscape. These days he felt worried that the silent acceptance of his less than honorable beginnings in Chamber was going to come unraveled. Killdare hadn't said anything, nor he to his king, and dare he say it friend. Nymphetamine couldn't help but wonder if and when it would come back and bite him in the ass. So he had left Chamber in pursuit of showing he had truly chosen the kingdom and would be loyal to the ashy lands and diverse population.

So the reddish stallion stood in the field, in a gregarious attempt to convince others that the new Chamber was the place to put down roots. It was something that he truly believed in. If he hadn't, he would have chosen Gates, or fled both lands to hide away in some unknown corner of the world. Steeled eyes scanned the chilled field in hopes of finding an unaccompanied mare or stallion, he so hated that off group conversation as the recruiters danced an intricate waltz. It was not appropriate to be straight out rude, but you want to deter the recruitee from going with the other, as the same time show your kingdom's virtue. It was annoying and tiresome. Nymph had just about given up of the hunt but a flash of movement above caught his eye. A dark horse flew in from above, except he was wrong, it was a unicorn, how peculiar.

The necromancer decided it was a good an opportunity as ever and set off, ready to put his bets foot forward, for himself, and his kingdom. When the mare landed ways off, he approached stopped just close enough so that she would know he wished a conversation. A slight dip of his dark tipped muzzle in greeting signaled his intent and he moved a few steps closer, just to not have to talk loudly at the mare. " Quite the entrance, flying... or should a say floating into the field. I'm Nymphetamine, of Chamber. What might your name be?" He smiled, a small trivial thing, but it was genuine. His statement held no jest at her, he honestly hadn't seen many fly into this area. He would see if the unique start to the encounter would bode well for this recruitment trip.

Nymphetamine

in my heart, that barless prison
    discolours all with tunnel vision

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]
    Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

He hasn’t visited the field in a while, perhaps because of the war, perhaps because of the change within the Tundra itself. The had a new ruler, a new king, and this king had rewarded him with a  promotion. Brynmor still didn’t fully understood it, but he wasn’t the one to turn things down. Offspring would be fully able to determine who to promote and who not, and if the gray man’s activity during the quiet period of the Tundra was enough to earn him that, he wouldn’t object.

With the promotion a gift had come. Brynmor – who was born blind – had seen his fair share of magic, but traits or abilities like this were new to him. Oh sure, he had seen them at others, like Offspring’s immortality or Hurricane’s wings, but he himself had always been completely ordinary (well, except that his blindness had been cured by a genie). So he had pledged the trip to the field as a time to practise, trying to figure out this invisibility that had come with his recent promotion. Not that the snow made him truly invisible, even though he managed to make himself invisible from time to time, his hooves still left behind prints in the snow.

It is her scent that lures him. Sure the brotherhood was mostly looking for more men to join their ranks, but this scent he knew. The formerly blind man had never met her, but her scent had lingered in the Tundra for a while. He had never known Hurricane’s predecessors, but he had come to learn that this scent belonged to one of the former king’s daughters. His form still flickers something in between visible and invisible as he nears them, only dropping his attempts as he is close.

For a short moment Brynmor’s eyes meet Nymphetamine’s and he drops his head in a silent greeting. The gray male couldn’t say that their first meeting had been a huge success, but the blood bay’s presence wouldn’t stop him from approaching the former princess. ”My name is Brynmor, and I think you know where I’m from. You know that there will always be a place for you, if you’d want to come back” he greets her softly. His blue eyes look at her, a small smile upon his lips. His voice was soft, inviting, but Brynmor also tried to give her the feeling that she wasn’t obligated too. All he wanted was her to know that the Tundra would always welcome her back, that she would always have a place besides the brothers, that was if she wanted to.

"Nothing is coming to rise."

OOC: I still can't get over her name. I love it soo much!

xiah

From her very open position near the center of the field, Xiah clearly sees the ruddy male approach her with interest. She figures that that last bit of flying may have proved unnecessary, and perhaps egomaniacal, but hey, sue her. Gazing relentlessly into the stranger with her luminous silver eyes, the once-princess swings her knotted, dirtied tail around her muscular haunches.

“My name might be Xiah,” the ebony mare reports rather dryly. “And it’s telekinetic flight, for future reference.” Studying this Nymphetamine shamelessly, Xiah eventually allows a dip of her head in recognition of his smile - whence last she stood in Beqanna, the mare would have been much more forward; now, after having seen what lays beyond (her parents unfortunately excluded) the mare has just, simply, changed.

At the faraway sound of approaching hoofbeats, Xiah’s left ear pivots to determine whether they approached her specifically. When a dappled stallion appeared in her peripherals and finally her direct line of sight, Xiah stiffened. The scent of the Tundra swarmed the man’s skin, and before he splits his lips, she has already put a name to his face.

Just as he utters his name, she does too, just under her breath.

Wiry ears slowly approaching her skull, Xiah fights the urge to launch herself into the sky and flee the situation in which she has found herself. Instead of choosing the coward’s path, however, the unicorn simply handles the situation in the next worst option possible.

“And what exactly does that land have to offer me?” Her eyes thin nearly to slits. “And what exactly do I have to offer that land?” She gestures crudely with her spiraling horn to the rather physical incarnation of what stops her from doing the Tundra any good. Straightening, the once well-mannered princess glares at Brynmor, but Nymphetamine gets his fair share of dark looks, too.

Well, I did say that they would have to deal with all of it. I warned you.

Ooc - plz don’t be discouraged or sad or mad I LOVE THIS THREAD I AM HAVING SUCH FUN and literally she is 100% certain going with one of you guys beyond a shadow of a doubt so don’t feel intimidated by how pissy she’s being. She’s just a baby. I promise this will be funso

Xaiah. He put the name to memory, an interesting name, so the necromancer doubted he would struggle to remember.  Nymphetamine couldn't help but smirk with an "oh really now" look on his face as Xaiah met him with a bit of venom. Her words might have pricked the skin of others and turned them sour against the mare, but not Nymphetamine. He fueled most relationships with quippy comebacks and thick sarcasm. Not everyone like it, however, Nymphetamine didn't need everyone to like him. He responded with a shrug brushing off her verbal jab,"Flight is flight, Darling. But Telekinesis? That's cute." He grinned, he knew the lass with the prickly exterior would take the bait, or at least, he thought she would. The necromancer's attention was pulled away by the sound of another approaching a moment later. While it was not ideal, he would have to share the space with another- and may the best recruiter win.

The blood bay nodded at the dapple grey that came up to the two of them. He had met Brynmor recently on a Diplomatic mission to Tundra with Killdare. It seemed to have gone well enough, Nymph hoped the alliance would hold. While he doesn't mind the other stallion on a personal level, he secretly wished he had more time alone with the mare.   Not because he was instantly smitten by her, just wanted more time to sway her Chamber's way. Can't blame him for wanting the upper hand but life wasn't expected and so he changed gears. He listened to the words Brynmor said and his eyes widened just a touch. He knew the smell of the unicorn was familiar but the he didn't place it with Tundra. He watched the girl with interest, watching her reactions to him and to Brynmor it was all important, all necessary to know if she was right for Chamber. He saw no red flags, he had a major flare for sarcasm he wouldn't deny her the same. "Why yes Brynmor, what would Tundra offer her, pray tell?" He smirked, it was his token move, sarcasm with a smile. It was just enough to tell his audience he wasn't actually upset or being an ass, well not at  least not a total rude ass.

Nymphetamine

Brynmor

The glimpse of recognition isn’t hard to miss, but the blood bay stallion doesn’t seem to be too ecstatic about his presence. But if it was because of the tension from their prior or simply because he wanted to bring the former princess to the Chamber, he didn’t know. But right now Xiah mattered, and not his relationship with this allied stallion. The gray male notices the movements of her lips, reading his soundless name, and Brynmor can only appreciate it that she knows him, or knows of him.

His smile falters a little as he sees her change. It almost looks like that her emotion gets the better hand, with her ears twisting back and the tension that has taken over her muscles. And if that wasn’t clear enough, her words were. Brynmor watches her silently, not affected by her swinging horn or biting words, only trying to offer her a neutral gaze. His ears twist back a little, but they are far from flat.

Before he can answer her, Nymphetamine speaks up, fuelling her emotion, and it is almost like he is challenging the formerly blind man. Brynmor’s gaze meets Nymphetamine’s for a short second, before he looks back at Xiah again. ”A home” he simply answers. He let the silence drag on as he pauses, before his lips curl a little in a smile. ”And what you would want to offer, that is entirely up to you. When Hurricane first brought me to the Tundra I was blind, but nonetheless I was able to contribute in my own way, if I could, why can’t you?”

There would always be a place and purpose if you truly wanted. And what once had been home, should always stay home, if you wanted to that was. That is what Brynmor wants her to know. They would welcome her back, but the choice was hers. She could go and join their ally the Chamber, or stick to her old home like his lover Roan had chosen. After all, home was home.

xiah

In the two years that she travelled the outside, Xiah rarely met with a creature of speaking capabilities. And when she did, the encounters were strange, and occasionally dangerous - never any mention of her being ‘cute,’ no sir. Thus, the man’s sass takes her aback, unsurprisingly. Luckily for this Nymphetamine, Xiah would have been been offended by any verbal presentation of her cuteness - might as well die a wolf, right?

Restraining herself from audibly snarling at the man, Xiah simply frosts him with her night-snow gaze and raises her nose towards his general existence. At his impudent jibe to Brynmor, Xiah loosens her tongue like a whip from the hands of a Bo’sun.

“You aren’t selling your kingdom all that well either, y’ skiver.” A hind foot stomps into the earth with just a little frustration. Men, I swear.

Twisting herself to concentrate on the graying brother, Xiah’s posture softens at his first two words. A home. Her ears come forward eagerly, and the frost of her gaze melts rapidly. The onyx mare takes a single step towards the man, her aura yearning to return to her birth home, to her sister, to the caves she will always know intimately, to the men who would protect her indefinitely.

But it is not to be.

Sagging dispiritedly, Xiah gazes apologetically towards the Tundraman, a gentle despair crawling in the waters of her eyes. “I’m sorry, Brynmor, I want to come back home, I miss everyone like you wouldn’t believe but -” and here her hard, snarky armor comes back to play “- but I need to belong, and unless you can offer me the cave, I’ll never really belong in the Tundra.”

Allowing one final mourning glance to the storm-grey stallion, Xiah side-steps, positioning herself next to Nymphetamine. The fragile part of her heart that clung to the Tundra quietly shatters, its remains falling like dust, an unseen memory of what was, and what could have been - and perhaps what will be again.

Forcing herself to look forward, Xiah gestures with her spiralling horn and says: “Lead the way, you useless chav.”

Well, of course, the bay hadn't sold his kingdom well. He hadn't even meant to speak of his kingdom yet. but apparently his timeline was different than the mares. So he simply looked at the mare as she gave him the verbal lashing and nodded. It was true, he hadn't sold his Kingdom, but he could and would now. "Fair enough, Xiah, though I hadn't truly tried yet, I'd try now if you'd allow it." He paused for a moment to allow her a moment to deny his request. "After the war, we find ourselves in a process of regrowth or reorganization. We value loyalty, and courage and are looking for others who will be willing to work hard to move Chamber, and Beqanna, forward. We are not interested in the way things used to be.

He looked at Bryn, he knew Bryn didn't fully believe Chamber could change, and he hoped continued interaction would bring him around. He took a back seat as they had a conversation about Tundra. He flicked his eyes back and forth but eventually stopped and lingered on the Unicorn mare. He sensed the unease as she tore herself away from the Tundra man. and the younger version of himself was right there with her. He remembered the feeling of not being able to return home, albeit for different reasons- the feeling was not easily overcome. He watched her side-up next to him, and he wished he could comfort her more. He may be quick to use sarcasm, but he was gentle and caring underneath it all. She was young and the idea of home was important to her, she obviously wanted that b her reaction just a moment ago. The tall lanky bay reached over to Xiah's neck, it was slow and he stopped just before touching her if she wanted the comfort she could lean into it. He hoped she would sense his want to help from the simple gesture. Her words fell hard and tough. and he looked at Bryn, there was a sadness to this recruitment. The normal pride was not there, as the circumstances were different. "I'll make sure she's safe Brynmor." He knew the girl didn't truly need his protection, but he felt the need to assure the grey stallion as it was not a happy farewell. The words were not said for her, but for the other. A small nod was given and Nymph let the sadness show to the tundra man, the situation was not ideal.

With that, he moved off toward Chamber with the dark unicorn by his side. After a few stride he spoke softly to the mare, "I am sorry you can not go home, maybe Chamber can offer you a new home in time..." His tone was soft and parental. He truly understood her need for a home and hoped she would allow chamber the chance to make a new place in her heart. Not replacing her childhood home, but offering a home in a different place within her heart. Internally he made a note to ask Killdare about ambassadors for Chamber to its allies. Maybe that would be a way the girl could be of use...but only time would tell.

Nymphetamine

Brynmor

The gray man cannot help but pull his lips up on a smirk as Xiah snarls back at Nymphetamine in his place. He likes her defiance, her headstrong and opinionated personality. He doesn’t feel offended by the fact that she took his side like that, objecting the blood bay male in a way he never would’ve done. However, that doesn’t mean Brynmor keeps his features neutral, there is a brilliant winkle in his eyes as he glances in Nymphetamine’s direction.

He watches her as he speaks, studying her posture and the emotions displayed upon her features. And for a short moment the gray stud is almost sure that she would come back home to him, not only his home, but hers too. He’s about to lean forward a little, to gently brush his muzzle across her neck if she would step closer, when she moves away. The content feeling slips away instantly and Brynmor fails to stop it from showing. For a moment all he can do is look at her, before a soft sigh leaves his lips and he nods. ”You know I can’t offer you that, Xiah. It’s not my place to do so. But you’re wrong about one thing, you belonged in the Tundra, and you could again, if you only want to.”

With that said Brynmor steps back, giving the pair more space, but silently scowling. He didn’t want her to pick that forsaken place over the Tundra. Even though he knows deep down in his heart that he should give the Chamber a chance, he simply couldn’t. Not yet. And Xiah’s decision doesn’t make it any better. When Nymphetamine reaches out to her his ears twist backwards and although not pressed back against his skull, it was enough to show his displeasure at the sight. ”You’d better.” His voice was hard, but not unfriendly. ”The Tundra will always be your home, Xiah. Home is home” he speaks in a much softer away. After looking one last time in the horned mare he turns around. He doesn’t need to see her walking off with the blood bay stallion, the thought alone was already displeasing enough.