• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Roaming; Newbie
           She had been traveling for weeks across the never ending mountains, and at last her heavy hooves touched the ground of the golden field. The warmth of the Beqanna sun felt comforting on her back, however she could never feel safe being alone. The little Arabian had been with her mother and aunts most of her young life, however leaving was a desire she held for a long time. 
           Despite being without a kingdom, or even a herd, foolishly the young mare was feeling rather excited and very enthusiastic upon meeting other horses. Now she wasn't dumb, she understood the dangers of stallions and that their intentions sway like the willows in the wind, however she had such little exposer to others of her kind. Other than her family, which was rather small, her interaction with others would justify her as being a little risky and a bit bashful.
           Naila was her name, and she felt as though she just had to share it with someone. To make a friend, that was all she needed to feel that her decision to come was worth it. However as she wondered farther into the vibrant field of many horses she could only feel uncomfortable and suddenly desired to be traveling again. Turning back wasn't something she could do though, because Roaming was lonely. On her journey across dangerous paths, she had made the revelation that she could only be happy with others.

Naila puts her head down and rips off a flower from the warm ground. Socialized grazing isn't as social as I thought it would be, she thinks as other horses quietly graze several yards away. She lifts her palomino tobaino neck and averts her eyes to the sea colored sky. She notices the clouds look like horses. 

Fall, a time of love and the changing of the leaves.....and weather. The Amazon woman walked through the field once again, her expression was one of dislike. Her once sleek black coat was now partially singed off thanks to the fire. But luckily she only obtained minor burns and scratches, nothing too serious. The war had done some heavy work on her and her fellow sisters of the jungle, but she knew if they kept their heads up, they would easily be able to get back into gear. The jungle was no longer a lush oasis, but it was still home. Soon, everything would grow back, and so would their pride.

As for now, there could be no rebuilding and no happiness without more strong and unique mares to fill their home. Every so often Naga found herself here, pacing among the masses, picking out mares she though would fit the kingdom well. She her attitude lightened as she turned her petite head to the sky, noticing how the clouds looked very much like equines bounding about the clear blue space overhead. The sun came down and warmed her singed back, she smiled slightly.

This isn't too bad... she thought to herself as she made her way along the outskirts of the field. Her mood was slowly increasing. Her deep green eyes scanned from body to body, it seemed as though no mare caught her eye that was solo. She didn't like socializing in big groups too much, even though her work as a diplomat was helping her with her social anxieties, she still struggled a bit. Soon her eyes fell upon a palomino mare, her golden coat looked as though someone poured white paint on her. She watches as the perky looking young mare takes the head off of a flower. It was only a matter of time before a strutting bag of testosterone came to try to scoop her up. So, she decided to go say hello.

The panther shifter was in her equine form today, trying to not scare anyone away in a panic. She walks toward the gold and white mare with a soft smile spread across her black velvet lips. As she nears, she lets out a soft, welcoming nicker as not to startle her. Her voice is deep and sultry, lana del rey in equine form.

Nice day isn't it, though I am not one for this increasing chilliness. My name is Naga, of the Amazons. Are you new to Beqanna? I have not seen you around."

Her genuine greetings were always an advantage, she never once lead anyone astray or made any enemies, for she was always so genuinely caring. She liked to make those around her comfortable, she hoped the golden mare isn't frightful or nervous, seeing as our poor jungle woman looks as if she just took a rock climbing adventure into a volcano. But, she stood quietly before her, her ears perked forward, eyes bright. Hopefully she does not come off as scary or creepy.

naga

the jungle panther of atrox and shadowmere

A gentle voice pulls the mare's eyes from the clouds, drawing her to a dark female. Confidence and kindness, that's all she reads from the delicate yet strong horse. Her heart skips a beat as she realizes the green eyed horse is speaking to her, and for a brief second she contemplates whether she should be weary of the intriguing mare or not. Oh, but she seems so nice.... much better than an overbearing stallion, that's for sure, she thinks. She turns and faces the mare called Naga.

"I'm Naila, it's very nice to meet you!" Naila's confidence comes back in a flash, and her tail perks up and she pushes her ears forward curiously. "Yea, I'm new here, but I'm not new to the cold. I've spent the last few months traveling, and the nip of the wind is something I'll never be fond of.
    The palomino glances around at the field, a sudden question falling into her mind the way the autumn leaves fell. 
    "I've never heard of the Amazons.

The dark woman's green eyes widen as the momentarily wary mare suddenly perked up and spoke. Naga couldn't help but smile, her dark singe tipped ears flick forward as she listens intently. Naila, a pretty name, Naga was fond of "N" names. It was a trend with her siblings...Noctus, her blind sister Nerissa. Definitely a deliberate pattern the naming. Naila speaks of traveling, our dark woman knows much about travel. Having traveled very far and very fast as a young filly to escape her demented mother.

She waits for Naila to finish, a smile upon her dark lips as she begins to speak.

"Well Naila, it is a pleasure to meet you. Beqanna is a lovely place, I myself have lived here all my life. You must be glad to finally be in a set land, I myself traveled far across Beqanna and ended up at the Amazon's border as a young filly. That is why I am not so keen of the cold, it is warm all year round there."

She pauses, and watches the mare glance about the field. She wondered what the golden woman was thinking of, but her answer was soon given when Naila speaks again. ah, yes, now is the fun part. Not often that I meet someone who doesn't know what the Amazon is. she thinks to herself before nodding her head and her sultry voice comes pouring from her lips.

Glad you asked! The Amazons are a kingdom full of women, no stallions. We have formed a what has always been called, "The Sisterhood". We live deep in the heart of the Amazon Jungle, a place once full of lush greenery and exotic wildlife. Though sadly it does not look as beautiful as it did not more than a few months ago. War raged on between some of the kingdoms, we got caught up in the battle. Thus why my hair is burnt, the jungle was set aflame.

She pauses, her head sinks a moment and she closes her eyes tight as a memory of the blaze pops into her mind. She shakes it off and continues on.

Even though it is not as lush as it once was, we are trying hard to clean up the mess and go on with our daily lives. We are a strong bunch, and very welcoming. Plus it is warm all year, so no having to grow a winter coat! If you'd like, I can show you my home and share it with you? I know it may not be too pretty, but as soon as spring comes it will be back to it's former glory. Though I can promise you a nice home with a strong family and network of friends.

With that she keeps her bright green cat's gaze on Naila, her ears perked forward. She hoped the mare would not be turned off by the sound of their now scorched Jungle....it would be hard glorifying a place that has lost a lot of is glory, temporarily of course. As sad as it was, she knew it would eventually grow back, and so would the kingdom's resident's pride. For now, all Naga could do was go about her normal diplomatic duties and do her best to help grow their kingdom back.

naga

The more the dark woman shared with her, the more the young mare grew to like her. Naga's words of travel made Naila want to ask questions, however she held her tongue to respect the privacy of another. Although Naila was one who loved to share her experiences, she knew others weren't always the same. The palomino and white horse had a fascination with travel, however the security of a home was a nice thing to have as a young mare.
           Although she had been untrusting to the intentions of the horses of Beqanna, the way Naga spoke of the land made her spirits rise. It was true that she was much more joyful talking to another then roaming alone. 
           Her heart dropped and the warm feeling in her chest vanished when the dark mare spoke of her once beautiful home ruined. War? What a horrible thing animals must go through, and what a horrible thing animals do, she thought. 

Naila lowers her head at the words of the other woman. "I'm very sorry your home isn't in its best condition, but I'm sure it's still beautiful. The sisterhood sounds wonderful, I myself grew up with only mares. I'd feel honored if I could see the Amazon!" Naila tries to not look at the burns the woman has, although she has to admit that the mare is still very beautiful, not just in her looks but in the kindness she shows. Naila tries to contain the excitement of the possibility of a new life, and hopes she could become apart of the Amazon sisterhood.

Every bit of her being ached for her kingdom, but she knew that eventually, everything would be ok. In the mean time she turned her attention fully onto the wonderfully bright young mare before her. She was so polite and so sweet to have voice her concern for the kingdom. She too had a positive outlook on things and this brightened her mood greatly. Naga smiled and nodded thankfully, her eyes fulled with hope.

Thank you Naila, you are so incredibly kind. And the sisterhood is really something special and unique. We all pull together when times get tough, and we are always there for one another. I am proud and lucky to have been taken in by the sisters as a filly. My mother...she was not the best, but when I found my way to the jungle, the sisters took me in with open arms and raised me as a child of the jungle. It is nice knowing that we have that in common, growing up among women.

She lit up when Naila stated she would be honored to see her temporarily scorched home. There was definitely a spark of hope that ignited a fire within her. A new hope that would potentially help her beloved home become full of happiness, peace, and warmth once again. Plus she liked Naila, a lot. She could see herself and the golden mare becoming friends. She hoped Naila would like the jungle and it's sisters enough to want to live with them.

Wonderful!! Makes me so happy to hear that. It is not too far of a trek to get to my home. Right now we are very much directly a straight line north from the Amazons, but I know some routes that are very smooth and not too rough on the legs. I think you will like it. Though it does smell a little like burnt wood at the moment, but once the rains fall, it should be a bit better.

With that she turned south, looking over her shoulder to Naila with a smile across her lip.

Here, follow me! We will get there in no time. Plus, we can always chat on the way there, I wouldn't expect to leave you alone in the field whilst breeding season is in full swing....especially if it starts to get dark. Some stallions cannot be trusted to keep their wits about them during the autumn months. Though with me...you need not to worry. I can scare off any stallion in a flash.

She lets out a deep soft laugh, she knew the mare before her probably wouldn't get it. But, she would eventually, especially if she ended up needing to shift into her fierce black feline form in front of her. Though now she would stay in her equine body, even though she liked taking the treetop route, she knew Naila would not be able to get into the trees with her unless she could shift too. But of course, Naga had only met a few other shifters in her not so long lifetime, she knew it was a very slight chance that Naila could shift. Not many could. But she stepped forth, swishing her tail forward as to beckon Naila to follow or walk beside her to get to the jungle kingdom.

naga

OOC:
    If you want, after you reply here I can toss you a reply/new post in the Amazons Smile I LOVE Naila btw, she is such a happy sweetheart!!
           All that Naila could think about was the new ladies she'd meet in the Amazon, and the wonderful bond she hoped to create with them. She especially hoped to become great friends with Naga. When the woman spoke of the sisterhood, Naila felt her heart pulling her south to the Amazon. 
           When Naga mentioned how she stumbled across the Amazon, Naila felt a new respect for her. To be alone as a filly was not easy, and she could tell that her mother was something Naga was sensitive about. No matter what her past, Naila was very grateful that it was the kind and strong Naga she met. 
           She hoped that she'd get to know the mare more on their walk to the Amazon. Despite the fact that the palomino was comfortable with the dark woman, she began to feel the nervousness she had felt when first entering the field. If the other mares were like Naga, she would no doubt feel like she belonged. However the reality of life was that every creature was different, and what the Amazon held for Naila wasn't certain. But that's what makes it exciting! She thought. 
            After hearing Naga's remarks about the path ahead, she smiled. "I can't wait to see more of Beqanna, I'm sure no matter the path the view will be beautiful. Burnt wood isn't so bad, it reminds me of winter for some reason." She liked the rain as well, she loved the sound of it. The Amazons seemed so perfect, it was odd how she felt at home with a place she'd never been too or known about. 
            "Stallions are creatures I'll never understand. Although some are kinder than others" When she heard Naga state she could protect them, Naila took it as a humorous outlook on the dark women's feisty and brave side. She gave out a nicker of laughter.
          "Thank you again for taking me to the Amazon, I feel so welcomed" Naila says as she trots up to the dark mares side.

OOC:
    I'd love that, and thank you so much! I love Naga too, she's so gentle and seems like a very dynamic character (I read her character bio Big Grin