• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Watch'n outer space I see them shine - Yael, Vanquish, any?
    Haru
    Approximately two years had passed since she had met he golden and silver mare. And in those two years Haru hadn’t seen her savta – her grandmother aka her father’s mother – again. She would be lying if she said she had forgotten about her father’s side of her family, but she hadn’t really had the chance to go on that promised trip to the Deserts yet.

She had met her grandfather once too, when he had come to the Jungle on diplomatic matters and the Jungle’s magical paths had guided her towards the adults. It had been the first time that Haru had met an adult male. The Jungle had only Vidar to represent the opposite gender, but back then he had only been a child.

But now it was finally time to officially meet her family. The Jungle was her home and her mother’s sisters were now Haru’s sisters too. But the bay two year old had not yet pledged her loyalty to the Amazons. She had not yet accepted her tattoos. She couldn’t decide on such matter, not without visiting the Deserts first. She might have been born in the Jungle, but that didn’t meant that her mother’s home automatically would be a better home for her than her father’s home.

She’s eager to meet them. Yael, Vanquish, her father and all the others that were part of this side of her family. An enthusiastic sparkle is visible in her eyes and although she doesn’t regret coming all the way over here, Haru cannot say that she feels all that comfortable. It’s not the heath, that although it’s dry compared to the Jungle’s moisty heath is familiar to her, but instead it are the dunes.

Sand reaches as far as her eyes can see and it makes the bay girl feel a little vulnerable, naked even. She misses the safe feeling of the Jungle’s vegetation and the fact that she cannot blend with the bushes around her to hide herself from another’s view. But, like her mother has learned her, Haru does not step further into the kingdom. It is around the border when she calls, her whinny still somewhat high pitched to match her lanky two year old form.

What she does not know is the terror that has washed over the Jungle during the short while she had been gone.
    Watch'n outer space I see them shine.
    Crazy stuff like this it blows my mind.

OOC: I sort of missed the whole war thing and I really don't know what has happened and all. So I guess it's the easiest to make it like Haru missed out on it all or something.
    As soon as the girl ventured to the borders he could smell the Jungle on her skin and he was climbing into the sky. The Jungle was their staunchest ally, their only ally and so he was hastened to the wordless call that came to his borders.

But when he reached where the girl stood, a soft smile replaced the dark seriousness that had slithered into his mind. He doubted Lagertha would send a young girl on any official mission without some accompanying her so close to the rumblings of the war’s end. The wounds were still fresh across his back and flanks when he dropped from the sky beside the girl he had once conjured toys for in the Jungle. She carried no resemblance to his lineage and so even though he had become somewhat familiar with her in his trip to the Jungle, there was no obvious relation to the Nightwalker.

He tucked his wings tucked tightly against his sides as he approached her, hiding the gaping scar that was still puffy and raw along his flank. “Welcome to the Deserts,” he says, tilting his head to indicate her invitation across the border.

vanquish

black king of the deserts

oh, where do we begin? the rubble or our sins?
    They’ve all been preoccupied with greater things, and for a moment, Yael feels a tinge of guilt at putting her granddaughter on the back burner. On the other hand, the girl had clearly weathered through the war unscathed, and that was something to be grateful for. All of them were safe - even that daredevil Lexa, and the backlash that hit Qatar  - which is more than she can say for Vanquish’s descendants. Poor Nyxia.

The gold-and-silver mare appears at Van’s side a couple of moments after he welcomes Haru in. Yael smiles, gasping softly in joy. “Velcome, nehda! Come een, come een!” She is the perfect picture of grandmotherliness, ready to hustle and bustle around, offering Haru the Desert equivalent of cookies or a sandwich. The normally calm and composed woman is practically vibrating with excitement. One of her wings brushes up against Van’s as she continues to bubble over. “Darleeng, do you know Xaroo? She ees vone of Gaza’s daughters een ze Jungle.” And if Haru didn’t know that she has a half-sister in the leafy green kingdom, she does now. Along with a vast network of kin that are slowly spreading themselves around B’kanna.

Unaware that she is opening up the girls’ world, Yael looks over her shoulder to scan the immediate area. Where is that rascally son of hers? Not Gaza, of course - he is off looking for Akbar - but the latest, Qatar. Who has found quite the mischievous playmate in his cat… but right now, family should meet family, so she calls to him, and hopes he will listen this time.

That boy doesn’t like to listen.

YAEL
    mother, queen, magician
    Haru
    She doesn’t have to wait long in the burning sun. As soon as the shadow falls over her body her gaze moves to the sky, instantly spotting the big black form against the clear blue sky. Even before he has landed the smile upon her lips has grown and she’s barely able to keep herself patiently waiting as she grows more and more excited. It had taken her too long to go on this trip to the Desert, to finally meet the mysterious part of her family.

Haru recognizes him as he stands before her. Although he is less tall and broad as she remembers – not thinking about the fact that she had been the one that has grown – he is still as intimidating as back then. She still fondly thought back to the day his presence had lured her to the edge of the Jungle, he had entertained her dearly with his little sand creatures. And although the bay girl would love to see more of it, she’s aware of the fact that she wasn’t a child anymore.

She gratefully dips her head – like she has been thought to be polite – as she crosses the border on his invitation, but she isn’t given the chance to properly greet him. ”Savta!” she exclaims enthusiastically, her own enthusiasm only fuelled by Yael’s own. Forgetting about formalities Haru moves forward, eager to reach out towards her grandmother and to finally learn more about the silver and golden mare. She’s just as Haru remembers, her imagination hadn’t run wild back then, as her Savta indeed appears to be gold and silver, sparkling in the bright sun.

A curious twinkle appears in her eyes as Yael turns to the black male, speaking about her son – and Haru’s father – and his offspring in the Jungle. ”Daughters?” she asks, her dished head tilting a little to the side. ”Do I have a sister? A real sister?” Not that the Jungle’s sisters weren’t considered real sisters, but obviously she means a sister by blood, not sisters that were part of the sisterhood, to which she not yet belonged. And maybe would never belong.
    Watch'n outer space I see them shine.
    Crazy stuff like this it blows my mind.
    so give me reason why we need to be like them
    we don't want to, and we don't fit in

Katar? T’ere’s somevone I vant you to meet. Come to ze border, please.

He rolled his eyes. Silently, of course. But Alek didn’t miss the gesture. He rarely misses anything, even in the dark. Cats are useful like that, and after their initial distrust/catty feelings (see what I did there?) towards each other, the two boys realized that they were the best thing that ever happened to each other. Qatar could help Alek get away with anything, when he put that sweet, mute face to good use. And Alek was great with coming up with mischievous plans, that usually involved the two of them sprinting away from pranks as fast as they could.

Or chasing camels. Playing dead. Scaring lizards out of holes for Alek to eat.

“What was that look for, Q?”
    Mom wants us at the border. Says there’s someone she wants me to meet.
    “Lame. Do we have to?”
    Yeah, probably.
    “Ugh…”

In the end, they turn and go, like they always do (though not after some more dawdling). Because there was one time when they didn’t, and Yael was not very happy with them. She made that very well known. Do not piss off mothers, especially mothers who also happen to be magicians. They can do some very scary things. Luckily, they can easily make a ‘game’ of it, racing to the border, with the long-legged cat keeping up fairly well with the almost-yearling colt. He has his Ima’s mane, his Abba’s color, and so when he comes flying towards the trio, breathless and laughing, there can be little doubt who he is. In fact, he’s just in time to hear Yael say, “Yes, you deed not know? Lexa ees your xalf seester.”

The two miscreants pull up on the other side of Vanquish, purposefully separating themselves from Yael, as if the massive stallion could protect them from her. Alek announces that they’re here, though that is kind of obvious at this point. “We’re here. What’d we miss?” But Qatar’s eyes are on the Amazonian mare, and his lips purse as he tries to figure out who she must be, and what his relation is to her.  

Qatar

the  mute prince.