• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Off we go....
    Zaravich was a beautiful solid black mare with a bold star and the most beautiful flow of white to black in her tail. The mare was beautiful and wild at that, she left her own Kingdom from lands far away at the age of 2 and has since been traveling alone. She would stop and socialize with a few horses in her years but has always continued moving. Finally tired of moving this ebony mare is ready to settle down, well settle into a land. 

Prancing with her tail lifted high the mare slowed as she found a beautiful field, the sun was setting and it hit the field in every right way. She slowed until she stood standing breathing in the fresh air and capturing this moment in awe. She gave a snort before bursting into a gallop throwing her head up and giving a whinny out. This was the lands the mare could settle into, gorgeous quiet and the scent of many others. There was other horses out there, they are just out on there own. Slowing to a jog the mare threw her tail up again and swayed it back and forth. This mare was looking for love, but she would not be taken easily. She was more of a Herd mare, one were she could come and go with ease and did not have tasks to do like one would in a kingdom. Zaravich picked up to a canter and continued to whinny hoping someone would answer her call.
    WEIR
    The Dale is quiet and still, and once again Weir must gather more pieces to make his home a true Kingdom. Sometimes he isn't sure how they even managed to be considered a Kingdom, small as they were, but he heard that they were not the only ones hurting for members. Perhaps that's just the burden they must all bare, scraping at the Field and hoping new faces might emerge with enough digging.

Today it seems he was in luck, a young dark colored female walked alone, obviously new. She did not smell of the ash of the Chamber, nor the clover of the Gates, she did not smell like anything familiar to be honest. She simply smelt, new, foreign if you will but Weir was just glad to have a new face- a potential new Kingdom member.

Now he wasn't here for love, his throat clearing like that of an old man as she swayed her hips and tail around. He was too gentlemanly to come outright and say she was bound to catch attention she didn't want, walking around the way she was. For example the Cove, he shuddered at the thought of the rumors he had heard and hoped that they were simply that- rumors. For today a simple hello would suffice, perhaps she would join him in the Dale, she could simply reside there and not be expected to do anything at all. It takes all kinds to make a Kingdom a family.

"Hallo miss," he calls shaking his rusty head as he approaches.

WINTER IS COMING
    The mare continued to stretch her legs cantering around this field that was so new to her. She slid to a halt and turned her head as she heard anothers voice. Off in the distance she saw a roan horse. The horse seemed older in age and was approaching her. She flicked her tail whipping it back and forth as she awaited the presence of the new horse. As he got closer she could make out he was a stallion, and in fact an older one. "Hello, and who are you?"  the mare said questioning. She was a hyper mare and pranced around to his opposite side awaiting an answer. She could tell he did not mean harm, nor courtship, what was it this stallion came out of hiding for. She titled her head slightly to the right thinking to herself and looked intently at him.
    WEIR
    It is without a doubt that the young mare could dance circles around him. It was almost a blur as she twirled about, this way then that way, oh dear. Much more of this and she would make him dizzy, feisty young thing. It was good though, they could use enthusiastic new blood, young ones that would carry on after their own time had ended. His amber eyes blinked then closed, resting them from their spin and focusing on her words to come.

When he again opened them he hoped she had settled, but it didn't seem that was the case. Perhaps she would need something to draw her fidgety attention.

Before you know it snow is swirling about his rusty hued body, not a flake to be spared- even in the dead of summer. With it he forms a woodland creature, a fox and sends the critter to blink up at the woman curiously. Hopefully that would work, or at least it would still her for a few moments of conversation.

"Pleased to meet you, I am Weir from the Dale, new here?"

WINTER IS COMING
    The mare blinked impatiently awaiting a response. She gave a snort when all of a sudden snow started to swirl around. SNOW!! it was not the season to snow, did this horse just create snow? The snow started to settle and a fox was formed staring at her. The horse cocked her head amazed, curious and slightly scared. She turned back to the horse as he spoke "Did you create that?" she asked in amazement. She has never seen a horse with magical powers, this was something she could barely believe. Flicking her attention back and forth from the horse to the fox she settled back on the horse named Weir "I am Zaravich, you can just call me Zara. I am new here, are you the leader of this Dale?" the mare asked out of curiosity.
    WEIR
    He chortles in good nature, his laughter light but rough with age and pleasant to the ear nonetheless. It seemed his idea had worked, there was using your thinker, good ol' brain has done it again!

"Why yes, I've made this snow fox. Don't worry, he won't hurt you." with that the animal skitters about, loping around in a wide circle before jumping into the earth only to burst into a million flakes. Most swirled gently up, caught on the soft breeze wafting through. Eventually though, they all fell to the ground where they glittered before being melted by the overhead sun.

"Vulpes lagopus, to be exact." Blinking as the snow flurries settled and faded away, ever full of endless information. "Like an arctic fox, fascinating creatures the fox. Terrible thing they are so widely sought for their coats." A frown creased his lips before he again turns his attention to the mare.

"Zaravich, a pleasure. Oh- oh-ho-ho no, not me. I do not rule the Dale, I am a Governor there but I can assure you our King is very nice. Why, I've known him since he was a boy, a good man and a fair King." Well this was going better than he thought, at least for Weir it was, though there was still time to prattle on relentlessly off topic.

WINTER IS COMING
    The mare was astonished that a horse could create snow, even creatures out of the snow! she watched as the fox threw itself into the ground. She lowered her head touching her muzzle to the now moist grass, nothing was left as the snow was rapidly melting in this summer heat. She jolted her head back up to look at the stallion. "I have never met a horse who could create snow, can you do anything else?" Zara was amazed at this talent he held. Her brain was working 1000 miles per hour, she turned her attention back to the Dale. "What is the dale like? I am not one to be tied down to a herd looking for demands all the time. I want to come and go freely." The mare was unsure of what she wanted in life now, but it surely was not chores for anothers land.
    WEIR
    She inspects the ground, placing her velvet maw against the damp earth, Weir only watches with a smile. He was always up for a bit of fun and enjoyed entertaining others with his snow gift. Actually he enjoyed entertaining himself with it even but what's so bad about that? Nothing, he would say.

"I can but perhaps another day." A simple and short answer because the roan stallion was not one to put all his eggs in one basket. There were a few other things he could do but he did not wave his other gifts about carelessly as the snow. One he wouldn't be able to show her anytime soon it was likely, without the pull of another's magic it was utterly useless.

"The Dale is a quiet place, a nice place but quiet. We live as a close group, a family of sorts not a herd- a kingdom. You could of course come and go, visit the field, the meadow, the forest, make friends. Any help would be appreciated but not demanded, unless you choose to join a caste." His eyes look up and far away as he speaks, as if he ponders each word before it is spoken.

"War and peace, that's what we have. One for Soldiers one for Diplomats. You could even come and see the Dale for yourself before you decide, we won't keep those who do not wish to stay." His ears roll forward as if he has just asked a question and waits for an answer. Weir would be delighted to show her the way...

WINTER IS COMING
    The black mare is focused on the old roan. She listens as he talks about the Dale, her ears were pricked forward interested but concerned. She was not one to be tied down to a herd, or kingdom. But than he said she could come and go as she pleased, this could be somewhere she can settle into. An offering of protection and still have freedom? Perhaps when the mare were to mature she would join one of the castes he spoke of.

She took a moment to think as he offered to bring her there. She gave a small snort as she made her decision, "Weird, I would like to see the Dale. I make no promises of staying and If I do I will most likely not join a Caste." the mare spoke truthfully, she had no desire to take on responsibilities, all she wanted was to be free, move as she pleased but at the end of the day the mare wanted a herd of some sort to call her own.
    i made us a new thread in the Dale Smile

http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7329