• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

one of those tree huggers ..} open to all
    Finally.” She sighs through a smile that fits her silver muzzle so perfectly with her glistening eyes tilted  down to an ancient ash tree. It's size is immeasurable, she assumes, and it's mortality questionable. Within the ash's  leviathan branches is a flattened middle lined with soft moss and walled in by the flourishing buds and leaves dangling freely in the warm breeze. She brings herself to soar in a few circles just above the buzzing greenery (alive with bees on it's fresh polleny blooms) before gracefully descending down into the center of the antique hardwood. Birds scatter at first but soon recognize her as something to bear no fear from and they continue tending their nests and young above her. Snow's firm grip finds the bed of mass with silence as she lands front-feet first, walking on air until  all four hooves anchor her to the tree. She feels as though she emerged from reality into a separate realm; ethereal. Songs of the birds echo off of the healthy bark, vines humbly growing across the crooked limbs and the sun lights the emerald heart of the hollow out center.

No one seems to live in here, or ever be here when she is here yet it's clear the tree has loving servants from all walks of life... There is always a gift or two left as offering to the behemoth. Things like flowers, stones, trinkets, bones, feathers etc. The few who talk about it say she blesses you if you visit her with gifts once and a while. This makes the pearl beauty ponder the subject of the tree and it's possible origins – she gets lost in her dreamy thoughts and without memory she lies down in the soft moss and falls asleep for a few hours.

Lotus..”

She wakes up to a voice calling out to her. Its a woman's voice; direct and smooth. She shakes her head and blinks her eyes until her vision clears into focus. There is no one around and night has taken over the sky. No birds call out anymore, only the sound of trembling leaves in the constant push of the wind that blows. Moonlight floods through the canopy and ignites of the shadows of her speckled white wings that encase her dappled body as she ruffles them with a shiver. It takes her some time to stand up and clear her head; the recalling of the voice she'd just heard seems to be fading away...only the word remains. Dreams are always aloof like that, she assumes.

The mission, in her opinion, seems quite clear. Bring the tree a lotus.

She draws out into the night air, onto a broad limb that hangs out over the tree's southside. She balances in the sweet smelling night-winds for a moment. Taking in deep, delicious tastes of the air with her nostrils,  her bright eyes shuttered behind long pale eyelashes. She can smell the history of the land on the current of it's gentle breathing. She dives with her eyes still closed but her bone-white wings wide open to catch her like a parachute; aiding her tremendously in descending  to the forest floor below with ease. She lands with a canter and folds her massive appendages tightly to her side while effortlessly keeping the rolling gate. She's off to find a lotus or at the very least someone who may know where to find such a thing. Her only knowledge is that it's a stunning water-flower. Otherwise she's lost on all other accounts of her mission.

She wanders almost all of the paths and thick-wood patches of the surrounding forest; checking ponds, lakeshores, and even riversides. Casually grazing and taking sips of the cool mountain water whenever she feels like. Once and a while striking up a conversation with a stranger she finds also wandering in the moonlight. None seem to know or care where her flower might be, so she finds herself simply covering ground until morning. At sunrise she finds the main 'road' again and begins her journey back to her ancient tree friend. She's about a half day or so away from it by now so she paces herself accordingly, appropriately keeping to a sluggish walk.

Snowphish

(orig. picture by quaddles on DA)

she's homeless and weird and this is what shes doing
    xD

anyone and everyone welcome
    it's a marvelous night for a moondance..

[Image: iawIsA4.png]

The cloak of dark suited the ebony woman, lusciously clinging to the already black coat with ferocious force. The dark eyes are fixed in a quiet lullaby as she revels in the dampness that spring brought with it. Dew droplets had begun to cling to blades of grass as well as the petals of new wildflowers. Iseult inhales deeply, her soul connecting with the rawness of nature that once could only find at such a late/early hour.

The Friesian woman is lithe and moves with a grace as feathered hooves carry the frame over the brown pine needles and fern covered forest floor. The touch of the crisp night tantalizes her, provoking her to shiver in the chilled embrace. It calls to her like an animal, primal and deep and she must respond the night air. But now, as the onyx witch is moving through the long grasses, dew soaking the already enriched coat, a ghost-like figure moves passed her. Iseult is invisible against the darkness.

Lobes flicker as nares flare to catch the scent of a female. Long boa curls to look through the flora as the woman seems to be searching, searching, searching. What is it that she sought? With uncanny ease, the obsidian woman pivots to watch the winged vixen. Dark eyes are wet and wide as they peer through the wavy lengths of her forelock. On the horizon, the sun begins his awakening, the lady luna is already asleep behind fluffy bits of clouds. Iseult finds this time magical, and perhaps whimsical. Few appreciated it.

It seemed as the sun rose that the pale mare slowed. Perhaps the moon gave her strength? Iseult did not know but it did nay quell her curiosity...nay...concern for the wandering woman. It takes a few moments before- "Hi, uh, is everything okay? You seem like you lost something." The tones are a low velvet purr. Chocolate pools reflect genuine worry and desire to help solve the problem. Never mind that Snowphish probably thought Iseult was some kind of crazy person but the Friesian woman wanted to help or at least had to do offer.

Iseult

i'm selfish, i'm obscene

[I picked a different lady for snow. much better match Wink sorry it's short! I'm excited for these two!]

The air smells fresh, like ice and melted mountain water at the same time, with foliage clinging to the same scents. The colors painted across the dawning sky are sharp pinks and purples with bright golden bands stretching through the vastness of the coming day. She travels on with no one in sight for some hours, the woods at each side of her are cloaked with a thin veil of fog and the forest birds are singing softly to one another. She falls into her daydreams as she jogs happily back toward her gigantic tree.

The sound of footfall thudding in the distance brings her mind back to the present, she does not break her pace but perks her body up a bit. Her ears lift eagerly and her head draws up with slight regality. The pegasus is delighted when she see's the beautiful onyx woman and stops on the trail to speak with her. Before Snow can say anything the beautiful mare expresses concern, “Oh no my dear, I'm okay, not lost,” She sighs, “But I am indeed looking for something.” She smiles and twitches her black speckled wings. “Do you know where I may find a Lotus Flower?” She shakes her head quickly, “I'm sorry – where are my manners, I am Snow.” Her eyes stay on the stranger with a warmth in her stare that many do not possess anymore. She's unbroken by her hundreds of years existing in this rough world. It helps to be immortal and up-beat.

Snowphish

mine are usually short unless i'm feeling crazy musey c:
    i'm excited too! xD

Dark pools look over the delicately painted woman. Her coat is of soft snow and quite fetching. Iseult is not sure what spurs her but all she can do is let her awe for Snow wash over in deep methodic waves. The lapping of her attraction hijacking her very thoughts like the rise of the tide. The graying alabaster Pegasus seems to emerge like that of a sainted creature from the very ugly depths of hell, hovering- no, floating over the ferns and dirt, she being much too pure in which to touch the very ground that Iseult stood. Dark eyes see her lips moving but Iseult can not her in her trance. The winged mare moving as Iseult's limbs carry her to follow before she gives her crown a quick snap to clear the dream state that Snow had spirited her off to...

Iseult! She snaps herself to awake. "Oh a lotus...no I haven't seen one. But I could help you look." A soft, shy smile pulls at the ebony lips. Iseult finds herself wanting to be near the mare, to stroke her coat and bury her face in those soft feathers...Iseult! The Friesian jolts herself out of the fantasy. 'I'm Iseult. It's nice to meet you, Snow."

Iseult

i'm selfish, i'm obscene

Their eyes lock for those listless moments when the dark mare's mind is caught in the swirls of a lovely daydream. Snow has seen that look before – she loves that look. She smiles deeper and tilts her head to the side to show only one pale blue eye to face the sweet ebony girl. “You will help?” She grins wider and her eyes sparkle like wet glass. “That would be wonderful!” She turns to continue walking, hoping the mare will match her lazy walking pace so they may talk and walk. “I wonder if the Jungle has them. They have such beautiful plants in that region, always. If not there then maybe the Falls?” She looks to her companion and waits for her own little piece of input.

The warm morning is fully upon them now as they glide through the misty woodland. There is mostly silence besides their own commotion and that of the twittering bird life. Dew drips from where it has pooled on the leaves and beads across the beautiful emerald carpet of moss that lines the sides of the well worn path. Once the talk of where they may head is over Snow slides her eyes back to the bigger mare. “So, Iseult,” She says her name through a rather seductive smirk, her cool voice staying even as she speaks, “Where are you from? Or are you a wandering spirit like me?

Snowphish

(they're headed towards the Jungle. after you reply my next reply will probably be there so they can explore there first <3 .. )