• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

“i hear my name on the wind” -- herds, or chamber

She smells of elsewhere, and yet something about the way her eyes travel about the field tells him that she’s been here before. He gets the feeling that there’s a whole history hidden behind those bloodstained eyes, but he doesn’t ask after it. He doesn’t know her, it’s none of his business. And he doesn’t particularly care.

What he does care about, is whether or not she will follow him, and join either the Chamber or his herd. And luckily she doesn’t appear to want to beat around the bush.

“A home you say. Well, you’re in luck. I can indeed take you to one. But it will depend on what you’re looking for.” He of course would rather she join his herd and bringing his number of mares up to six, but a Chamber recruit will do nicely enough. “I am a member of a kingdom called the Chamber, but I also have a herd in a little territory called the Mourning Mountains. The name is a little odd, and the land a bit rocky, but I assure you it is a comfortable little place.” Well, at least the caves make it livable. It would be impossible to eke out an existence there if there were no caves to shelter in during the winter.

“So what catches your fancy? The busy kingdom life, or the quiet herd life?” Not that the Chamber has been that busy since the war. They’re experiencing a nice little lull, though he’s sure it won’t last long. The Chamber always seems to rise again, no matter what it experiences. “Oh, I’m Zayn by the way.”

ZAYN

I'm an ugly mess

Messages In This Thread
    RE: “i hear my name on the wind” -- herds, or chamber - by Zayn - 03-15-2016, 03:08 AM