• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[OPEN] This is How I Roll
    Although Shrimp had no idea about it, The Field looked impressive at any given time of year. At the day of her arrival, landscape was exceptionally beautiful : grass had a lush green color one can see only in the time of spring. Gentle breeze rustled through the leaves, making a mosaic of shadows dancing on the ground.
    Shrimp watched this small spectacle for a brief moment, before collapsing on the ground. There was nothing dramatic about that - she wasn't exhausted or wounded; quite opposite - the chubby black mare fell down to roll over in the ground. Usually horses need to stand up to lay down on the other side, but one of the advantages of being curvy is the fact you can easily roll on your back all you want. And that was precisely what Shrimp done - indulged in the simple pleasure of massaging her back, not caring if her short legs look quite ridiculous being waved around. Mare snorted contently out loud a few times, before getting up. After shaking the dust out of her coat, Dales Pony finally decided to pay attention to her surroundings. Moving her incurving ears to the front, she scanned the Field watching the land with new interest.

OOC: I hate opening posts xD
    The warm breeze, the open space, the long grass tickling his legs. This is it. The time for a new life, in a new land. His blue eyes slide closed, soaking in the warmth of the sun on his dark coat. Admits the gentle sound of swaying plant life, another, less gentle, sound makes Roldain's face scrunch up. What is that noise? He can't quite place it. Letting his eyes slide back open, he looks around and spots something. Are those...legs flailing? Yes, they are, and they are attached to a dark body too. A small smile crawls across his face as he realizes what exactly he is watching. He can't help letting a chuckle, the deepness of his own voice startling the stallion a bit. It being a stark contrast to the lightness of the area. Refocusing on the mare, he notices her standing back up. A spark of panic hits his gut, body snapping stiff. He forces his body to relax as best he can, diving his head down to look like he is grazing, but really he ends up just studying his front socks, huh, the left one is a bit longer then the right one. Hopefully the mare didn't catch him blatantly watching her. It is a rude thing, staring. Roldain does his best to blend in with the green grass.
    Just before she stood up, her radars picked up a sound of deep chuckle somewhere near by. After shaking the dust off, Shrimp looked around to locate the source of the laughter, just in time to see how stallion quickly lowered his head as if to graze. Chestnut stud seemed to be strangely stiff, as if he was afraid of being discovered, although his shiny coat stood out from the lush green surroundings.

Her nostrils flared, as Shrimp took in the scents. She had to lift her muzzle a bit in order to get a better angle on the stranger too, since the curtain of her fringe had the annoying habit of blocking her view. With a flick of her tail, mare started to walk towards him, her gait relaxed and slow. "You should give it a try, really. It's relaxing and good for your coat." Shrimp said, her tone slightly amused. She was almost sure that he was the one who laughed, and in turn she found it funny how the chestnut stud somehow felt embarrassed by the fact she noticed him watching her. Stopping a few paces away from him, mare tilted her head to get another good look at Roldain. "Name is Shrimp, by the way. "
    Well, operation Be Green failed, he let out a sigh when the mare introduced herself. Deciding to act like the grown stallion he is, Roldain raised his head up. Only to bob it back down and up again in a bow. It was embarrassing that she figured out that he had been watching her. At least she didn't seem offended.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Shrimp. I am called Roldain." He replied. Now that she was closer, he notice that he had a good few inches on her. He also noticed that her coat did indeed look very healthy. Out of the corner of his eye, Roldain caught a glimpse of his tail. The sight of the pale hair sparked a memory.

"I haven't rolled around like that for a long time. The last time, I ended up being called 'Rusty' for several weeks." Roldain's eyes widen a bit as the words tumbled out. Why did he bring that up, he was supposed to be start again not rehashing his old life. He paused for a moment before deciding to finish the story.

"My brother convinced me to roll around in a patch of special dirt. I didn't know that it was red dirt. That stuff stains everything." He lets himself smile sheepishly for a minute. Falling silent, he glances around trying to figure out what to say next. He looks at the mare again and notices that he can't see her eyes. Her mane is very long.
    Even if he was displeased with the fact that she decided to approach him, the chestnut didn't let it show.Instead he greeted her with courtly bow;sign of a well-mannered gentleman. Shrimp returned the gesture,although it lacked the elegance that seemed to come naturally to those horses that were blessed with less sturdy frames than herself. Not that she cared too much for such things as etiquette and protocol - Dales Pony was rather straightforward in her attitude. She laughed heartily at his story, shaking her head in amusement.

"I imagine it must have been quite a sight! Your brother surely must be hell of a prankster!"

Inhaling deeply after that giggle, mare flicked her head again in order to clear her view. Locking her hazel eyes at the stallion, she sent him a friendly smile.

"Roldain." Shrimp gave that name a try as it rolled out of her tongue. She did like the sound of it. "That is a good name and indeed a pleasure meeting you.What are you doing here anyway sine we already know it is not for the good fun of rolling around in the dirt?" Her lips curled in playful smile.

Amber eyes casually watch the commotion in the tall grass. She admires the girls spirit, her confidence, her to hell with it attitude. Her attention shifting from the pony, to the grass she was consuming, to others in the area and back again. The dark pony was now interacting with a somewhat sheepish stallion. Her wittiness was irresistible and the golden vixen just had to meet this character.

She approaches respectfully, and gives a nod to the dark chestnut. The edges of her lips tugged into a smirk. She admires his colouring with objective eyes. She didn’t really care for men much, sure they had their places but she preferred to keep company with her own sex. She smiled warmly, aroused by the humour of the pony. “Hello Shrimp, my name is Ashara. I saw you rolling about and I thought to myself, now there’s someone who knows how to enjoy life, and I had to come say hi.” The Falls could really use someone like her around, plus she’d probably get along well with the queens twins.

Wherever I am, is exactly where I'm supposed to be.